Is the One Plus One still worth buying or is it better to wait for the One Plus Two?

Right now I have a GS4 which is nearing the end of its life and I'm growing pretty damn sick of touchwiz. I also can't rejuvenate it by flashing a custom rom thanks to AT&T and it's locked bootloaders. I need an unlocked phone and the One Plus One is by far the best phone I've seen that can be had unlocked without breaking the bank. I reeaally like the One Plus One but it's almost a year old and with the One Plus Two coming out in the next few months, I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait and hope the OPT is a great flagship at a competitive price.

it is one of the better price/performance phones, but you have to really be into android tweaking to get the most out of it. 

it is one of the better price/performance phones, but you have to really be into android tweaking to get the most out of it. 

No you don't. It is FAR better at stock than anything Samsung sells. Both on performance (no crapware) and the visual appeal. 

It is definitely still worth it today, but if you can wait, and are willing to pay more (One plus 2 is going to be $400+ I bet) then wait for the 2 as it will be better. 

I tend to side with Linus on this. Sure the OPO is a great phone spec wise, but they've has some nasty issues as far as marketing is concerned, and I wouldn't expect to get a whole lot out of customer service. 

I would recommend doing what I did and just look around on ebay. I picked up a brand new One M8 for 360 bucks. As long as you're willing to put in the time, you can actually find some pretty sweet deals on high end phones on ebay.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

No you don't. It is FAR better at stock than anything Samsung sells. Both on performance (no crapware) and the visual appeal. 

It is definitely still worth it today, but if you can wait, and are willing to pay more (One plus 2 is going to be $400+ I bet) then wait for the 2 as it will be better. 

Better than Samsung isn't hard, better than m8,m9 ig G3/G4 is harder. I have one, and am member number 4xxx on their forum, I have a first batch phone, it mostly works expect for the battery issue with google services 7, the constant delays to CM12s, the fact that about half of the updates decreased battery life. No OTA to oxygenOS.

It is usable, but to really unlock all of the features you have to be willing to do a lot of research.  

Better than Samsung isn't hard, better than m8,m9 ig G3/G4 is harder. I have one, and am member number 4xxx on their forum, I have a first batch phone, it mostly works expect for the battery issue with google services 7, the constant delays to CM12s, the fact that about half of the updates decreased battery life. No OTA to oxygenOS.

It is usable, but to really unlock all of the features you have to be willing to do a lot of research.  

I have just the opposite experience. I've never had any issues, batter life on play 7 is still great, nothing is wrong. Warranty service was fast and easy as well.

I tend to side with Linus on this. Sure the OPO is a great phone spec wise, but they've has some nasty issues as far as marketing is concerned, and I wouldn't expect to get a whole lot out of customer service. 

I would recommend doing what I did and just look around on ebay. I picked up a brand new One M8 for 360 bucks. As long as you're willing to put in the time, you can actually find some pretty sweet deals on high end phones on ebay.

I had to return it when I cracked my scree. They took car of it very quickly, and even sent me a new device rather than repairing my old one. 

I had to return it when I cracked my scree. They took car of it very quickly, and even sent me a new device rather than repairing my old one. 

Good for you I guess. :D

I just personally don't feel very good about them as a company. I guess it's good that you haven't had any issues with them, but I just wouldn't want to risk it.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I have just the opposite experience. I've never had any issues, batter life on play 7 is still great, nothing is wrong. Warranty service was fast and easy as well.

I would still buy another device from them, but hte issues I have had make me hesitant to recommend it to people who are not as into tech as me. 

The problems with OnePlus as a company have basically been overshadowed by how much of a dick Cynanogen Inc has been.  At this point OnePlus only have logistical problems, they did make quite a few marketing mistakes in the beginning though.  It's still a great phone for the price, and looking at this years flagships so far...S6 is by far the best, and that's not saying a lot about it, since the M9 has crippling throttling problems and the G4 has essentially been forced into using the 808.

Anyways, I believe the One Plus Two or whatever it is, is not going to be coming until Q3, if you need a phone now, the OPO is a good choice.  Wait for Tuesday open sale or snag an invite from the nice people here.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The problems with OnePlus as a company have basically been overshadowed by how much of a dick Cynanogen Inc has been.  At this point OnePlus only have logistical problems, they did make quite a few marketing mistakes in the beginning though.  It's still a great phone for the price, and looking at this years flagships so far...S6 is by far the best, and that's not saying a lot about it, since the M9 has crippling throttling problems and the G4 has essentially been forced into using the 808.

Anyways, I believe the One Plus Two or whatever it is, is not going to be coming until Q3, if you need a phone now, the OPO is a good choice.  Wait for Tuesday open sale or snag an invite from the nice people here.

And I have one right now if anyone needs it. 

False. Me and my non-tech-savvy dad have them. I love mine and my dad loves the phone itself (he's having a hard time adjusting to Cyanogenmod, once it's stable/there's an easier way to flash it, I might flash Oxygen OS for him) and I haven't even rooted mine yet. (though I plan on it because I love to tinker, not because I feel the need to. Plus, XMultiWindow)

I don't care about the company, I care about the phone. If the phone is good enough, I shouldn't NEED to use customer support. And with the One, I haven't.

THIS.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Good for you I guess. :D

I just personally don't feel very good about them as a company. I guess it's good that you haven't had any issues with them, but I just wouldn't want to risk it.

"This company has a bad marketing team, I'm never buying from them ever"

How could this possible make sense to you?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

False. Me and my non-tech-savvy dad have them. I love mine and my dad loves the phone itself (he's having a hard time adjusting to Cyanogenmod, once it's stable/there's an easier way to flash it, I might flash Oxygen OS for him) and I haven't even rooted mine yet. (though I plan on it because I love to tinker, not because I feel the need to. Plus, XMultiWindow)

I don't care about the company, I care about the phone. If the phone is good enough, I shouldn't NEED to use customer support. And with the One, I haven't.

THIS.

Your reasoning doesn't disprove anything I said, nor does having two phones matter. I said you need to be into modding to get the most out of it. That doesn't mean it doesn't work out of the box or is a bad phone. Rooting, franco kernel, add a lot to the phones abilities. Most of the problems are with cyanogenmod 11s, using an alternate rom helps, though OxygenOS has its own set of issues. 

Your reasoning doesn't disprove anything I said, nor does having two phones matter. I said you need to be into modding to get the most out of it. That doesn't mean it doesn't work out of the box or is a bad phone. Rooting, franco kernel, add a lot to the phones abilities. Most of the problems are with cyanogenmod 11s, using an alternate rom helps, though OxygenOS has its own set of issues. 

But isn't that true of EVERY phone? There isn't a single phone ever made that isn't made better by root features...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

But isn't that true of EVERY phone? There isn't a single phone ever made that isn't made better by root features...

There are phones that are easier to use out of the box, m8, iphone, even though iphone is  not great the UI is easy to use. 

yeah id 100% say its still a ver capable phone and worth the money. Ive owned one since the original batch were made back in may june time last year and i love mine! I've no intension of upgrading anytime soon despite not being in a contract so can at any point.

the oneplus 2 isn't looking likely for this year, its hit one problem after another starting with the snapdragon 810 processors overheating. the CEO hinted in a recent interview that a 2015 launch isn't likely.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb