[SCRATCHBUILD] "Bulldozer" massive PC Case

BaxterTheFly
Heya guys, 

First off, big thanks to Gigatron for supporting me on this build and agreeing to display it in their store after its completed! 
gigatron-logo.png

2vkc1z8.jpg

One grand thanks to sponsors for putting their faith in me!!!

CoolerMaster: 

25ew508.jpg
2nj99i1.jpg

Phobya:

14lion8.jpg

AlphaCool:

imqyvc.jpg

AquaTuning:

28m0fiw.jpg

Shakmods: 

117gzg4.jpg

I started working on this project few days ago and i thought, lets posto some of it.. Idea and startlog first 

It will be a massive bulldozer looking case as a tribute for AMD and their FX series of processors... 

Model 3D:

so6a1z.jpg
15mekas.jpg
xamux.jpg
n5k6wy.jpg
2924rar.jpg
13zd3yc.jpg
2hfqgcp.jpg
a1ttlk.jpg

I switched from case mod to scratch build, entire bottom frame complete , also some welds needed to be fixed.. been a while since i welded anything .  

2d1qlip.jpg

2vdpfyt.jpg

fp9gsk.jpg

n1ywet.jpg

50s8xc.jpg

2it0lu1.jpg

141stu.jpg

1z4zonr.jpg

mmts1u.jpg

2d12jo.jpg

68bons.jpg

25pkejd.jpg

2gxdv93.jpg

9rkjtd.jpg

2jdmckz.jpg

qx5fh1.jpg

3462gdz.jpg

14si0yu.jpg

104f3pl.jpg

2hqa2bn.jpg

244uweb.jpg

2a9qtlk.jpg

iodvdk.jpg

2u5ytl4.jpg

25z01w3.jpg

106ag0i.jpg

2hdnty8.jpg

11b3vw8.jpg

30idth1.jpg

6hjcwl.jpg

2ngaqtx.jpg

easgg1.jpg

2vt5oug.jpg

Day 3, i started late, and i didnt have material for more, going to buy some more tommorow .

2mgtle8.jpg

28qz0nm.jpg

2v3j8th.jpg

o69rf9.jpg

2vb4jnp.jpg

2d9s5qp.jpg

2iurdxh.jpg

etckdi.jpg

24de99t.jpg

These 3 are just tossed sides to make it look similar to end project, there is still more to be done, these are just refference scaling pics  :)

2khctx.jpg

rc1t9f.jpg

2epjyaf.jpg

I am gonna have to start getting some enterior work, need to get it all together before I take it apart for painting... aslo i got some nice looking screws for estetic work... Also i will need to pick up swoop, real swoop for mini bulldozer,  also i got led strips to go inside ( yellow ) i will need to calculate how to molex them correctly so if anyone could send me some link to assist me on what is the relations on lenght/molex, than i will need to get cable extenders to place ( they will be preset to the build connecting in PSU chamber ) sleeved yellow black ( also need to sleeve them, but only need to do half cuz i got black sleeved from RaidMax ). I also made some adjustments, the windscreen will be touchscreen fan controller moded to fit. Making contact connectors so i dont have to remove cables from the side pannel and so there are no cabbles... apart from the ones imbeded in the side pannel it self. grabing electric window adjuster for the top part so the entire cabbin will lift at a push of a button, exposing the components that will be underneath  :) . 

Rims for the side, the entire PC will move forward than... I will put some small wheels on the bottom of the case and move it with electric car window adjuster so it pops out when i need to do something and it will pop all the way out... Also the engine compartment will host twin modular power supply in paralel. ( side intake / front exaust ) i will need to mod it a bit so that power cable can get to it... i found angled power cable so i will first try with that one.

2hpogwn.jpg

3304q43.jpg

2w683eh.jpg

vd20k2.jpg

i7045y.jpg

11kdugk.jpg

The mud protector will be reduced in size to 210mm to get in line with the tracks that will be 200mm

30uzfhj.jpg

2r568g0.jpg

2db6vdz.jpg

Cabbin, it will lif upwords to open the pc components, windows will be plexiglass.

ngbki0.jpg

That fan will be as the top link of rotor for tracks

mb0qaq.jpg

mb0qaq.jpg

That top turned out nice  :D

20u4y6r.jpg

also i figured out and i custom ordered set of these with the exact lenght and 2 rows of threads that connect them to be used as tracks

1.jpg

As for the paintjob goes, yellow with black stripes on some parts, details like the bolts will be black, grill will be black with RED backlight on top and bottom, also red non transparent mesh behind the grill... Cabbin i cant decide Yellow or black, but it will have yellow backlight, roof will be black, windscreen - i hope, NZXT LX. Also, for hidraulics effect on swoop i am going with rear suspension from VW Golf 6 and for the smaller ones on the bottom side, it will be suspension for 5th dour on VW Golf 6 as well... aprox veight empty, around 15-20 kilos, full around 30-35kilos. Still strugling with system that will go in, i got some of it, ( my gamer rig )... And the good news , I got a spot in the PC show in Belgrade Fair  :)

One side complete, may look funny now odd now but over the tubes there is gonna be fan grill in shape of the gears... 

20holmo.jpg

2j83r6.jpg

Yeah its gonna be massive, after i finish 2nd side, fenders and cabbin tomorrow its painting time  :) and after that, DETAIL TIME... also, once the swoop gets in place, the bar that goes along side the dozer will give it totally different look, ( its gonna be hazelnut board piece - extremly light wood ) also i reduced the weight by allot... its gonna be 20 kilos w/o equipment inside and w/o the swoop...

Also the mechanism for opening the case will look like this:

the middle CASE part will have wheels for easyer manipulation ...

No effin way! That's insane. I wish I had that kind of craftsmanship skills.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Holy crap this is absurdly cool

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

It would already be cool without the wheels

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Tnx guys

No effin way! That's insane. I wish I had that kind of craftsmanship skills.

Its not much, i failed allot at start, needed some time to get my welding together and to do proper welds... i rewelded everything yesterday :D

Holy crap this is absurdly cool

It would already be cool without the wheels

Yeah, w/o wheels it kinda looks like optimus prime :D, i was thinking to add 2 car wheels on the back and 2 small wheels in the front for that :D 

Man that is amazing so far, Caterpillar should sponsor this haha

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Good lord when  you said it was going to be big you meant it, huh?

Subbed on this. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Haha i dont know, i will see if i can contact them just for fun :D maybe they will pitch in a tid :D

Good lord when  you said it was going to be big you meant it, huh?

Subbed on this. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :)

Yuup, i said its gonna be massive :D tnx :)

Hehe, i did it, i contacted Cat just as a "could i use your logo" :)

Hehe, i did it, i contacted Cat just as a "could i use your logo" :)

Sweet, I hope they let you. Don't know why they wouldn't say no. ;)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

HOLY MOTOR JESUS LIVING F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA YOU JUST MADE MY DAY :D

Here it is guys, what those pipes are and how i mounted them :) 

Side panel with holes drilled 
post-177812-0-72000800-1428606508_thumb.

Checking the pipes because i need to flaten the contact area between them so they fit... they are f110mm but the part where they touch the board is 125 so there isnt any room between them.

post-177812-0-08795000-1428606512_thumb.

Turned it around after i got them in to place and now i am preparing to mount them... marking the holes and stuff..
post-177812-0-73488900-1428606519_thumb.

ok mounting method, simple but efficient :)

post-177812-0-68655000-1428606530_thumb.

post-177812-0-98546400-1428606538_thumb.

post-177812-0-47858700-1428606544_thumb.

post-177812-0-70756100-1428606547_thumb.

post-177812-0-08783400-1428606552_thumb.

post-177812-0-19524700-1428606557_thumb.

The hight of the case: ( for refference its 730mm )

post-177812-0-58078700-1428606561_thumb.

And the case with both side panels "tubed" :)

post-177812-0-85790500-1428606894_thumb.

the side panels drop inwords at the bottom, i will have to set some distancers there, they must have gap of around 1.5mm in order for case to slide out, once i mount them to the board it should be fine with some anti scratch tapes and it will gonna go nice and smooth :)

This is awesome, makes me wish 2 things, firstly that I had the skill to do that and secondly that i didn't live in a flat so i could have a garage to use those skills

Heya guys again, mini update.

In order to fit 2PSU’s inside, i had to reduce the side of my ventilation tube for the “side intake, front exhaust” :)

2yn2tkp.jpg

xbzi91.jpg

nx9ijb.jpg

Just to show you how hard it is when you have to use hand tools ;) my circular saw died on me :(

9sx848.jpg

And this is going to finish as the drawer type PSU mount, so i can remove PSU just by pulling them out centered, enough space, and doesn’t heat up rest of the system.

2h7mddf.jpg

ux5j5.jpg

This is awesome, makes me wish 2 things, firstly that I had the skill to do that and secondly that i didn't live in a flat so i could have a garage to use those skills

I always took living in a suburbs like a bad thing, than i started learning how to make things :) i made a coffee table, started doing shelfs, drawers, table, repairing things as a hobby :) i am pretty happy now :D

Ok guys, as you noticed i am pretty low funded :( so i am using the best of what i can get :)

Lets stray from the main build for a bit and let me show you my pride components that are in a dire need for modifications :)

Planning to add backlight, USB passtrough, and a volume knob to it :) paint it yellow and red, replace keycaps with possibly full metal ones in red, make tracks on the sides to look like a tiny flat dozer and wristrest that would be painted and attached like a swoop :)

The keyboard in question is Chicony KB-5181 with cherry MX blues 

u3mky.jpg

Also, my 2nd keyboard with orange omron switches :) works like a charm after almost 30 years in service :D! i will see what i can d with this one :)

2vj7c0m.jpg

P.S. i know pictures are bad quality, but i left my camera 3 floors below and i am too tired to go and get it :P

Ok, entire mount completed and functional :)details left to be done so it doesnt look this ugly :D

o019w6.jpg

xpdauv.jpg

23kb5g5.jpg

vrvrqu.jpg

Also the mount for fans on marked and will be finished tomorrow :)

a9nsar.jpg

Also i got nice piece of plexiglass for the mobo thermal armor that is mostly just estetic armor for me :)

O Dear GOD!¬ :o

This looks Sweet looking forward to this

Love to see scratch builds like this

:ph34r:

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Will it support the bulldozer architecture from AMD? Because its looking hot already!

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

O Dear GOD!¬ :o

This looks Sweet looking forward to this

Love to see scratch builds like this

:ph34r:

tnx man!!! :D

Will it support the bulldozer architecture from AMD? Because its looking hot already!

Sure hope so, they didnt reply to my email yet :( idk if a week means that they iggnored it or what :P 

oh my, this thing is massive, nice idea and concept to tribute AMD on there proccessor.

wow though i have to say this but man oh man you should have read up on engineering / welding first those welds are discusting, you need to clean the metal completly first, dirty metal will cause a bad weld, it will be nice once you have cleaned it all up though.

got to love Asus components

oh my, this thing is massive, nice idea and concept to tribute AMD on there proccessor.

wow though i have to say this but man oh man you should have read up on engineering / welding first those welds are discusting, you need to clean the metal completly first, dirty metal will cause a bad weld, it will be nice once you have cleaned it all up though.

It was quite a while since i did electric welds, a bit odd to hold a needle type thing lenght of 25cm and point it, you dont know if it will catch or what :) i got used to gas welds before... took me some time, i will post photos of complete frame with welds redone when finished :)

Ok, i made back panel now for the radiator and hard drive area i made a sandwitch of two pieces of aluminum sheets folded them in the way i needed them and stuffed them with thermal isolation that will help muffle the sound as well and made entire thing really sturdy at no weight cost :)

2ui81f6.jpg

4jn6sw.jpg

As for hard drive mount, i will make a sort of floating floor for almost complete vibration reduction, it will be two sheets of aluminum, bottom one mounted, than spounge in between 10mm thick and another aluminum sheet on top of it, connected to the bottom with rubber going all around it