Aluminum Batteries!

Stanford put out a new video about: Aluminum Graphite Batteries. 

This was first announced March 23, 2015, and finally we have a working example. These batteries are only currently capable of 2 volts with a carry charge of 40 watts; however, if connected in series, 2 batteries would produce more voltage than a standard lithium battery at nearly 1/3rd the size. The technology still has quite a ways to go in terms of efficiency in order to really be competitive with Li-Ion batteries, but the safety level of these batteries make them game changers.

Original Stanford report:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2015/march/aluminum-ion-battery-033115.html

"This is my Aye-soos Laptop. It's got a space grade aluminum chassis, you know for weight reduction. It's also got a light-up keyboard so I can see what I'm typin' to bitches in the dark and shit. It's also got an Ebay Samsung SSD with a flame sticker on it. The flames add more GB per millisecond of course."

Awesome technology, charging my phone in a minute seems responsible. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Gloves on keyboard = no no 

Back on topic: this is really cool I wonder when we can see this in real use. 

(Also on a large scale this would be amazing for solar and wind energy storage, for night and no wind situations)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Yeah, I'd love to see Tesla fund this research. With plans for a 'GigaFactory' in Nevada, this would not only cut costs, but create a safer battery for cars. So exciting! 

If it really only takes a few minutes for charging, wireless charging could also benefit!

"This is my Aye-soos Laptop. It's got a space grade aluminum chassis, you know for weight reduction. It's also got a light-up keyboard so I can see what I'm typin' to bitches in the dark and shit. It's also got an Ebay Samsung SSD with a flame sticker on it. The flames add more GB per millisecond of course."

This sounds so cool. 1 minute charging. Imagine, if we can get that in electrical cars!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Give them time and we might have these in our new phone in the future.

Gloves on keyboard = no no 

Back on topic: this is really cool I wonder when we can see this in real use. 

(Also on a large scale this would be amazing for solar and wind energy storage, for night and no wind situations)

Can I ask why ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Can I ask why ?? 

Why what? The gloves on keyboard thing? Well in any lab you are never supposed to touch computer gear or writing stuff with your lab gloves on, because there might be potentially dangerous substances on those gloves (why else would you be wearing them) 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Why what? The gloves on keyboard thing? Well in any lab you are never supposed to touch computer gear or writing stuff with your lab gloves on, because there might be potentially dangerous substances on those gloves (why else would you be wearing them) 

But that keyboard is inside the lap so is the PC so I'm asuming it's a lab PC so it would be okay to touch it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

this is pretty damn cool! Though while the material may be cheaper, if the manufacturing costs are higher than lithium ion batteries it wont likely be as successful as we hope.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

But that keyboard is inside the lap so is the PC so I'm asuming it's a lab PC so it would be okay to touch it.

No, that is not how it works. In the labs I've been in you always have to take off the gloves. You also aren't allowed to write in your journal with your gloves on, its matter of trying to keep the substances on the workbench and not on the rest of the lab. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

No, that is not how it works. In the labs I've been in you always have to take off the gloves. You also aren't allowed to write in your journal with your gloves on, its matter of trying to keep the substances on the workbench and not on the rest of the lab. 

But look at it, it seems like it's part of the work bench.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But look at it, it seems like it's part of the work bench.

Cuz its in the lab, all lab pc's sit on a table that is part of the workbenches, that doesn't make it a work bench. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Cuz its in the lab, all lab pc's sit on a table that is part of the workbenches, that doesn't make it a work bench. 

But don't you think the people at Standford would say something ?? I mean you can't be the only one to notice this.

Sorry if I sound offending or anything 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But don't you think the people at Standford would say something ?? I mean you can't be the only one to notice this.

Sorry if I sound offending or anything

Don't worry you don't sound offending. Also, they probably didn't care. It isn't all too important, and perhaps they were working with just some simple solvents. Maybe they only wore them for the camera, idk. In a strict lab however you wouldn't do this.

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Woo! We finally actually have advancements in battery technology again.

Every topic I post in dies.

Always great to see battery tech getting better.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

When can we finally get new kind of batteries already?! One that can last in smartphone for a week on use and charge quickly.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |