Sony’s Xperia Z4 is leaked and revealed in picture form

SONY-XPERIA-Z4-1-710x947.jpg

The leak train stops for no phone these days. The Z4 is up next and revealed in full, not too shabby at all with a decent set of specs to go along with it all. 

What I find curious is the SD 810 and not the 820, but I guess the inclusion of the 820 would depend on when they decide to release this device. Since the 810 runs "hot hot hot" I am curious to see how Sony handles the issues that have apparently plagued HTC and their M9. 

SONY-XPERIA-Z4-2-710x947.jpgSONY-XPERIA-Z4-3-710x947.jpg

SONY-XPERIA-Z4-4-710x947.jpg

SONY-XPERIA-Z4-5-710x947.jpg

SONY-XPERIA-Z4-6-710x947.jpg

According to NowhereElse, these pictures are for Model E6553 which is being developed under the code name “IVY”, and that there are in fact two different variants: one has a 5.2-inch screen at 2560X1440 resolution (QHD), and the other a 5.2-inch screen at 1920X1080 HD resolution. It remains to be seen just what will become of this alleged truth, for releasing the same exact product with the sole differentiating factor being screen resolution could result in a large degree of customer confusion.

The source also mentions the usage of a Snapdragon 810 CPU, 4GB of RAM, a 20.7-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-megapixel front camera. S-Master HX Digital Audio is on-board, as well as IP68 certification.

While the presence of 4GB of RAM is indeed a refreshing idea, given how Sony’s Android skin is relatively minimal on bloat, it’s somewhat questionable as to why the device would need it. Perhaps the idea is to future-proof the device, especially as Sony is allegedly seeking to reduce the frequency of its flagship offerings to just once a year.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sony-xperia-z4-pictures-live-598805/

Interesting, maybe this is why T-Mo recently pulled the Z3 off shelves.

"Rawr XD"

I like Sony's bi-annual schedule. It means that I can get the older, still good performing phones for cheaper! Yay Z2!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I like Sony's bi-annual schedule. It means that I can get the older, still good performing phones for cheaper! Yay Z2!

The Z2 still kicks arse. I love it.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Sony is allegedly seeking to reduce the frequency of its flagship offerings to just once a year.

Compact version of that will be great!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

Is that what I think I see? USB charging with no port covers? YASYASYASYAS

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Wait IP68 AND no port covers? how did they do that?

HTID

Are you sure this is not just a z3?  ;)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

-snip-

Are you sure this is not just a z3?  ;)

Haha I think it is, the specs are almost the exact same as the Z3 Minus the 4GB RAM, QHD display and the 5.0 Mp front camera :P

Side note, the S-Master HX Digital Audio is also found in the Z3 ... I do wonder if they upgraded the Two DAC AMP TFA9890 chips though but I don't thik it would be necessary since they are very good and the fact that it has two, and one of the few if not the only phone currently to do this, makes it suitable for audiophiles (or so I have read) :P

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

hahaha what a crock. people moan at samsung and apple when the release the same phone over and over but this takes the piss.....no wonder your struggling sony

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

hahaha what a crock. people moan at samsung and apple when the release the same phone over and over but this takes the piss.....no wonder your struggling sony

Ever heard... "If it aint broke, don't fix it"?

that's why nobody whines at sony, they're great phones

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I've owned a Xperia Z and am currently on a Z1. I'm a super Sony fan boy but to be honest I've grown tired of Sony's offerings.

My top criticism would be the Omnibalance design. The Z series rectangular slab design while at first looks pretty with extended use I've discovered it's not very ergonomic at all. After about an hour of bedtime Netflix watching I find the corners really dig into my hands and overall the phone is just unwieldy, one hand use isn't comfortable and can lead to drops.

My second biggest criticism would be the the slow updates. I still haven't got the Lollipop update although I'm aware that it'll probably arrive soon. But I see that Samsung for all the shit they get have updated most of their flagships already so yeah I'm not impressed. I attribute the slow updates to Sony's flagships every 6 months plan. Hopefully the huge losses they've suffered the last few quarters will curb this.

But to Sony's credit it seems that with the Z2 and Z3 they've fixed some of the things that annoy me with the Z1. Bad battery life (4-5 hours on screen time) and terrible display are no longer issues with the above two. 

Sony does offer something different with the Z series and I do hope they get it together.  The Z series were waterproof and dustproof before all the other OEMs caught on.  They offer great battery life (although that QHD screen on the Z4 is concerning), dual front facing speakers, still offer microSD support and with the Compact line the only true small android flagships.

If they change up the design and improve their update schedule I'll be back on board but until then I'm looking at Motorola for my next phone. 

Them curved plastic looking edges make it look cheap.

Very disappointed in how smartphone industry copies iPhone with their outer case design :/

They rather play it safe than risk it with innovation.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Are you sure this is not just a z3? ;)

The Z3 has the micro usb port on the side

Since I recently bought a Z3, I can say, I'm not disappointed with the phone. The new Z4 won't force me to upgrade any time soon.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Im really liking my Z3 Compact :). No doubt best phone under 5" and prob overall one of the best if not best phones out.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Ever heard... "If it aint broke, don't fix it"?

that's why nobody whines at sony, they're great phones

Nobody whines because nobody's buying them T-Mobile have just stopped the z3. As for not broke, don't make me laugh..... The camera is meh it's shocking in low light because it cranks the ISO then applies shocking amounts of noise reduction to the point that images look like the lens had grease on it. The back is way to scratch prone, some of the ui is counter intuitive. Don't even start me on the update process.. April and still waiting please even LG got there shit together quicker than this. The phone is ok. On the whole it's niether good nor bad. The worrying thing is Sony seams not to be bothered about its phone market when it just cranks out this kind of update

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Wait IP68 AND no port covers? how did they do that?

Sealed ports, pretty easy to figure out, just surprised they hadn't done it in the past. Now if only they'd get rid of the microUSB port and just go with their magnetic charging port as the standard...

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Is that what I think I see? USB charging with no port covers? YASYASYASYAS

this was the phone i was anticipating, while on the toilet i was thinking how it be great if sony had a waterproof usb port instead of a flap. my dreams are coming true :P

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Them curved plastic looking edges make it look cheap.

Very disappointed in how smartphone industry copies iPhone with their outer case design :/

They rather play it safe than risk it with innovation.

Actually those corners aren't plastic but are infact nylon, to help prevent damage when it drops :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Any news on the glass for the Z4? I think the Z3 was using Dragon Glass and there were reported issues about it cracking due to many different odd circumstances.

Have original Xperia Z. I would just wish that, a side from other improvement, they implement front loudspeakers and reduce bezels. Top and bottom bezels on smartphones are just annoying.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |