fast & furious 7

why not use CGI like they did in fast & furious 7 and keep paul walker's character in the upcoming parts 

why not use CGI like they did in fast & furious 7 and keep paul walker's character in the upcoming parts 

They are, at least till they kill him off

It's just weird... Think of it this way, would the family want to see paul all over advertisements? It's a false representation of who he really is and what he stood for. Sometimes in life you just have to move on. You can only do so much with CGI too. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

ewwww... cgi

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

*facedesk*

because it was hard enough as it was to finish the movie, and no one wants to make a full movie where there is no real actor, we are not quite at that point yet. plus everyone knows he is dead. If they want to keep his character then they will have to use a new actor.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

How about nooooo.

It was a good tribute, but kinda creepy. I still respect what they did.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

That makes me sad. I don't want him to be in the next film.

It's just weird... Think of it this way, would the family want to see paul all over advertisements? It's a false representation of who he really is and what he stood for. Sometimes in life you just have to move on. You can only do so much with CGI too. 

The family is ok with it. His two brothers played his part in Furious 7.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Probably to work intensive, in the movie The last shot of him was a bit weird tho , i could tell it was a Somewhat CG

Details separate people.

Probably to work intensive, in the movie The last shot of him was a bit weird tho , i could tell it was a Somewhat CG

They still had 8 weeks of shooting to go after his death.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

They still had 8 weeks of shooting to go after his death.

But still almost half of the shots were already done & they had to postpone the film release, Unless they do something like motion capture like they did on tintin to make it uber realistic to keep it seamless , They probably try to do cameos of him but probably gonna need his family's consent..

Details separate people.

Hopefully I can see the movie in a couple of weekends. Any good? Also, how well did they substitute Paul Walker in the movie?

No spoilers please :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

But still almost half of the shots were already done & they had to postpone the film release, Unless they do something like motion capture like they did on tintin to make it uber realistic to keep it seamless , They probably try to do cameos of him but probably gonna need his family's consent..

I hope not. Let him rest in peace. But if his family agrees then I can't do anything about it.  

i mean if they get him back it would be an opportunity for all fans to see him again and again and again

Iggy Azalea Doe....

Dell Inspiron 7520 15R: Cpu: Intel Core i7 3612QM @2.10Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ, Storage: 1TB 5400RPM HDD, Os: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit EP1;

Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook: Cpu: Intel Celeron N2930 @1.83Ghz, Ram: 8GB DDR3L 1333MHZ, Storage: 16GB eMMC, Os: Google Chrome Os;

Iggy Azalea Doe....

with like 2 lines of dialogue, not even relevant in the film

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I can't believe how many of you want him "back", even in Cameo appearances.

The man is dead. Let him rest in peace. The ending to Furious 7 was a graceful send-off to Paul Walker. He should not return to the series, except in stock-footage flashbacks - at best.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I found that the way they handled has death was gran, Up until the last scene where they CGId has face I never noticed that it wasn't him in the movie. As far as the movie goes, it was really good. They know the type of film they are making and don't try to make it a serious movie. It's basically a great superhero movie

I think you don't understand the cost and legal stuff behind it.

I think you don't understand the cost and legal stuff behind it.

i think YOU don't know that its not that expensive and that his family are ok with it

i think YOU don't know that its not that expensive and that his family are ok with it

Family okay with it is one thing, so that is the legal stuff, but GCI costs more than just having an actor (in most cases) because of the amount of time it takes to do each shot, it is also harder to record. 

That ending was so touching. Not gonna lie I am a gearhead and the original really got me into cars WAYYY back in '01, Damn just let the guy rest in peace. Do we need him for another movie? Hell no. Just let the series die with him

The family is okay with them finishing Furious 7 with the help of his two brothers. I have NOT seen anywhere that says they are okay with Universal Pictures raping their dead son's image for profit.

Please post a source that indicates otherwise.

That ending was so touching. Not gonna lie I am a gearhead and the original really got me into cars WAYYY back in '01, Damn just let the guy rest in peace. Do we need him for another movie? Hell no. Just let the series die with him

Precisely. This is an excellent point. Let the man rest. The send off was beautiful, and I'm deeply moved that his brothers Cody and Caleb would step up to allow the movie to be finished, but Paul should not. come. back. If they ever make another Furious movie, Paul's character should never return.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Have you seen it?

Minor spoiler - at the end they show Brian & Dom driving side by side, they say goodbye to each other then Brian turns off and drives away from Dom. They've removed him as a character from the movie without killing him off. Let's be honest, it would have been a bit horrid if they'd killed him in the movie.

8 is coming but without Brian, they'll work Stathan in to take his place.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Have you seen it?

Minor spoiler - at the end they show Brian & Dom driving side by side, they say goodbye to each other then Brian turns off and drives away from Dom. They've removed him as a character from the movie without killing him off. Let's be honest, it would have been a bit horrid if they'd killed him in the movie.

8 is coming but without Brian, they'll work Stathan in to take his place.

i saw it, i was refering to 8