Folding with GPU on Linux

I've recently been trying to set up GPU folding on Linux. I'm running a 760 and the distro I'm using is Ubuntu Gnome 14.10. I've installed the 349.12 drivers and graphics acceleration works fine (I can play games on Steam, the GPU is properly detected, etc.).

MgJbClV.png

The GPU is not natively detected when looking at the F@H Control, but when I try to add it manually by adding a GPU slot (and using the default settings), it shows up as a 760 under devices and the status of it says that it's downloading what I assume is to be the WU. Eventually though it just gives me a red bar that says failed.

KG83G8o.png

If anyone could give some advice on how to configure my client to fold with my GPU, it would be greatly appreciate :)

Thanks in advance.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

AFAIK Maxwell is only supported (in beta) for F@H.

So you need windows to fold with that gpu. 

AFAIK Maxwell is only supported (in beta) for F@H.

So you need windows to fold with that gpu. 

That's unfortunate... Do you think it would be possible to run it through something like wine?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

That's unfortunate... Do you think it would be possible to run it through something like wine?

I don't know, I know basically nothing about Linux.

I'm going to mention @alpenwasser he knows his linux stuff, and BOINC, maybe that will run on linux. 

I don't know, I know basically nothing about Linux.

I'm going to mention @alpenwasser he knows his linux stuff, and BOINC, maybe that will run on linux.

A few years ago I did manage to get my GPU running in F@H with Wine for a short time,

but it was an utter pain to set up and I think it only ran through sheer luck for a

short time. You can certainly try it, but from what I've read and experienced, it is

a very finicky proposition at best.

There are indeed BOINC projects which have GPU units for Linux. However, I'm unfortunately

running BOINC in Windows at the moment because I couldn't get the NV drivers and CUDA

to run properly in Linux. Seeing as you've already got that done though, it shouldn't be too

hard to run BOINC GPU stuff if you wanted to.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

As mentioned, Folding in Linux is still in Beta as well, so no official support unfortunately. So, 900 and 700 series are not even supported and getting 500 and 600 series to work is very hit and miss. 

If you check out the Guides over at the [H]ard site, they have lots of info on Folding and BOINC in *unix...

http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99