Can thumbnails gat a youtube account taken down?

Hello about 6 months ago I opened a gaming youtube account however it was shortlived as it was banned not too long after. To this day I still don't have a clear answer why my account was permanently banned.The videos I had posted was just me playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel however with the game audio muted because of all the content id stuff on youtube and an running commentary from me. I've run youtube channels before and there all still good standing today. My only difference is that on this channel I created custom thumbnails to try and add a few more viewers and look more professional. All I did was take a picture off Google of the game from the trailer as I made it before the game was released.I then added the games logo and the words playthrough pt.x in a similar font to the games. After checking youtube's copyright page o still don't have an answer. Can anybody help me out? And I apologise is this isn't the correct place to post this.

-OneManArmytstead

You can get in trouble for thumbnails

Was the thumbnail a copyrighted picture?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I'm not sure it didn't have a watermark or anything but I technically could of taken the photo out of the game if I wanted. I don't believe it was but is possible it was

-OneManArmytstead

You can get in trouble for thumbnails

Was the thumbnail a copyrighted picture?

Often you won't get banned for a copyrighted image in a thumbnail. Thumbnail removed and a strike maybe but not often. Likely violated one of their other rules, nudity, mis leading, someone reported it for who knows what ect.