Your first kiss?

STRMfrmXMN

Your a boring person

Actually, a smart intelligent person. My counterpart is basically in the same boat as me. We're both part of our university's honors college/faculty. It's actually how we met (by accident).

I see too many of my friends basically being dumb idiots, getting drunk at parties, and basically going though girlfriends at least once a month. One friend in particular had to go though guidance counseling due to his spiraling depression (casued from his abusive behavior and lack of a stable relationship).

Well our average "first date" age usually seems to start at around 15. Although I think it's hard to have a relationship at that age it's certainly possible and I have seen it done.

My point is that't isn't smart at such a young age. Too many of our adolescents are dumb, naive, and think they know everything (I should know as I was one). While I certainly had friends who were girls at that age, there never was any 'relationship' per-say. At best we were friends having fun. 

Then what age is it more possible?

If it were me, I think any age after high school.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Too many of our adolescents are dumb, naive, and think they know everything

1v1 scrub

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

1v1 scrub

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean or what you are implying. But if you want to challenge my statement, its been scientifically proven that our brains do not fully mature until our 20s. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/

There is no way teenagers or adolescents will be able to fully understand the impact of a relationship or how to manage one in a serious fashion. If anything, us dating at a younger age will make us more reckless. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Actually, a smart intelligent person. My counterpart is basically in the same boat as me. We're both part of our university's honors college/faculty. It's actually how we met (by accident).

I see too many of my friends basically being dumb idiots, getting drunk at parties, and basically going though girlfriends at least once a month. One friend in particular had to go though guidance counseling due to his spiraling depression (casued from his abusive behavior and lack of a stable relationship).

My point is that't isn't smart at such a young age. Too many of our adolescents are dumb, naive, and think they know everything (I should know as I was one). While I certainly had friends who were girls at that age, there never was any 'relationship' per-say. At best we were friends having fun. 

If it were me, I think any age after high school.

I'm not sure how it was when you were in high school, nor am I not sure if it's just the people in my level of classes and friends and such, but I find that we're usually pretty mature. Of course, the know-it-alls and snobby adolescents exist but they're usually ignored by the majority of the people who are actually going places. Though I don't see guys going through girlfriends like a monthly subscription based service, I'm sure it does happen. 

I have lots of friends, mainly girls, and would say that they are far ahead of the maturity curve than most guys. Hopefully that trend continues in a healthy way - people shouldn't be mature by 14-18 and shouldn't be expected to be so.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm not sure how it was when you were in high school, nor am I not sure if it's just the people in my level of classes and friends and such, but I find that we're usually pretty mature. Of course, the know-it-alls and snobby adolescents exist but they're usually ignored by the majority of the people who are actually going places. Though I don't see guys going through girlfriends like a monthly subscription based service, I'm sure it does happen. 

I have lots of friends, mainly girls, and would say that they are far ahead of the maturity curve than most guys. Hopefully that trend continues in a healthy way - people shouldn't be mature by 14-18 and shouldn't be expected to be so.

Regarding what high school was like:

It was more or less split up into two social groups:

The smart mature crowd and the average people.

If you took AP or Honors classes you were the former. If you were in regular classes, you were the latter. 

There were of course sub groups, such as the preppy kids, total dorks, etc. 

I was part of the group that took advanced classes.

Strangely enough, the way California has the system setup, high school is basically daycare for adolescents. If you aren't taking more challenging classes, then everything is an easy 'A'.

With that out of the way, I wouldn't call high school 'relationships' actual relationships, once you go through a few more years, you'll understand what I'm saying. You grow as a person emotionally and mentally. You essentially become less selfish and are willing to do more to satisfy the needs of others rather than your own; It doesn't even need to be with an significant other or counterpart, it could be profs, friends, family, and even total strangers.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean or what you are implying. But if you want to challenge my statement, its been scientifically proven that our brains do not fully mature until our 20s. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/

There is no way teenagers or adolescents will be able to fully understand the impact of a relationship or how to manage one in a serious fashion. If anything, us dating at a younger age will make us more reckless. 

Stop being so uptight. Whenever he says, "1v1 scrub," he's being sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, or with any sincerity, and I'm guessing he was hinting that he doesn't care what you're talking about and is just trying to be random/funny while the other person (you) are being completely serious. Unless you yourself are joking, but I can't tell.

Stop being so uptight. Whenever he says, "1v1 scrub," he's being sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, or with any sincerity, and I'm guessing he was hinting that he doesn't care what you're talking about and is just trying to be random/funny while the other person (you) are being completely serious. Unless you yourself are joking, but I can't tell.

I'm pretty much always sincere and serious. I tend to avoid the use of sarcasm online. And in person, I keep it at a minimal level.

I'm also not joking, but it seeing other people try to be funny or sarcasm actually adds to my own amusement.

I'm pretty much always sincere and serious. I tend to avoid the use of sarcasm online. And in person, I keep it at a minimal level.

I'm also not joking, but it seeing other people try to be funny or sarcasm actually adds to my own amusement.

Seemed like a waste of breath, but as long as it amuses you then keep doing it. :)

Man you need to chill out and just live

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Or you're just really really ugly....

Here is a little help to find out of you are! 

I dont think im ugly, ive had girls hit on me and ive hit on girls. But I just never wanted to kiss any of them.

Also I don't judge girls on their looks, I aint gonna waste my time on a girl if she cant use a computer

With that out of the way, I wouldn't call high school 'relationships' actual relationships, once you go through a few more years, you'll understand what I'm saying. You grow as a person emotionally and mentally. You essentially become less selfish and are willing to do more to satisfy the needs of others rather than your own; It doesn't even need to be with an significant other or counterpart, it could be profs, friends, family, and even total strangers.

I already do this. As one with depression from a pretty early age, making others feel in any way happier is all I want for them. I managed to worm my way into happiness the hard way while others were/are seeking someone to help them or are hitting a dead end. 

Though I understand that I'm pretty young I have been through a pretty colorful, emotional roller coaster and hope that I come off as a happy-go-lucky, helpful, friendly sort of person because that's who I needed for myself when I was feeling down or depressed an nobody needs to be unhappy.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well, he is Scottish.  :ph34r:

And she was Dutch... it sounds like something from the Inbetweeners!

Holly shit man, how did u get that woman?

I dunno mate, wish I had such pulling power these days since I'm now 21 and single.

And she was Dutch... it sounds like something from the Inbetweeners!

I never watched that show. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

my first REAL proper kiss.. led to a lot more than just kissing

But thats a story for another day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not truly a first kiss, but some random girl from my school gave me a huge kiss on the cheek during a football game (ew)

she's supposedly one of the hottest girls at my school so all the guys were like "good job!" but I don't see any reason why it's good lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

my first REAL proper kiss.. led to a lot more than just kissing

But thats a story for another day

tumblr_mgadueVhpt1qbrdf3o1_500.gif

Not truly a first kiss, but some random girl from my school gave me a huge kiss on the cheek during a football game (ew)

she's supposedly one of the hottest girls at my school so all the guys were like "good job!" but I don't see any reason why it's good lol

Because you're gay? :P 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How is it NOT a good thing (assuming you are into girls) if a super attractive girl kissed your cheek like in front, that sounds amazing and its possible that she is into you :)

(though it could have just been friendly)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How is it NOT a good thing...

Because he didn't do anything. She just kissed him.

Or at least I think that's it?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

(assuming you are into girls)

look above your post lol  ◕‿◕

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

look above your post lol  ◕‿◕

Oh, could have just said :D haha

I dunno mate, wish I had such pulling power these days since I'm now 21 and single.

Teach me master.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Whats up with everyone making out in their teens/adolescent years? If you ask me, as a society, we've become too progressive in certain aspects of our culture, including dating. 

Wait 'till college/uni folks. You'll be wiser (hopefully), older, more responsible, and more respectable. 

Or maybe its just me. I'm a bit old fashioned, and I like a tad bit more serious commitments. 

No one is saying that you should get married in high school years. Dating at that time allows you to feel out certain situations and come to realize what you want in a relationship. Which like all things better prepares you for college/the real word when things get serious. That being said I didn't date much in high school. Granted when most guys my age knew what type of girl they liked during freshman year I was still trying to discover that. Also dating is fun and both parties want to do it. Granted I don't know what you mean by old fashioned. My mother is 51 and went to a private Catholic school her whole life and dated in high school (not seriously). Granted her older sister, my aunt, did date seriously (granted her boyfriend told her the night of the prom that he was going to the seminary...).

Regarding what high school was like:

It was more or less split up into two social groups:

The smart mature crowd and the average people.

If you took AP or Honors classes you were the former. If you were in regular classes, you were the latter. 

There were of course sub groups, such as the preppy kids, total dorks, etc. 

-snip-

If you really think that the mature crowd were defined by those taking college classes you don't know what maturity means. This coming from a student who started taking college classes in 8th grade and surprised every college student I ran across by not being well into college (at points I was even asked if I was the professor...) Though there is a correlation it isn't incredibly strong. I have met plenty of brilliant high school students who were just as childish as the biggest failure.

Sorry to bring you back into a discussion if you were already done with it but I slept for a while last night (much longer than I normally do).

The award fits...

Well, I had a fat girl ask me out, and a half asian girl check me out, so I don't know...

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

He just seems like the biggest dick. Plus, he's not even attractive.