LinusTechTips site in 2008

SirReallySam

The logo was better then. :|

Your opinion :P But sadly I would say the same, I think some people would say it's simplistic and nice to view when looking at content not aesthetics of the site... But still I would agree with you.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Current logo is most likely not final

cool :)

but @Glenwing I know this probably doesn't apply to you as you are a mod but

No signature or profile will contain an external link other than the label for "website"

There are a lot of people that go against this rule in their signature, but as you are a Mod telling us how to behave on the forum ,it's a bit Ironic you are going against the Forum COC by showing us the COC in your  signature ?! anyways, if because you are a Mod and it is an Internal Link, not external it is ok right?! so links to inside the site ARE allowed in your signature right?!

Sorry about how long that was, I just want to understand the rules as fully as possible and this one was confusing me?! I get everything else in the COC! Ok done now !

PROFILEYEAH

cool :)

but @Glenwing I know this probably doesn't apply to you as you are a mod but

There are a lot of people that go against this rule in their signature, but as you are a Mod telling us how to behave on the forum ,it's a bit Ironic you are going against the Forum COC by showing us the COC in your  signature ?! anyways, if because you are a Mod and it is an Internal Link, not external it is ok right?! so links to inside the site ARE allowed in your signature right?!

Sorry about how long that was, I just want to understand the rules as fully as possible and this one was confusing me?! I get everything else in the COC! Ok done now !

An external link is one that leads to a website outside of linustechtips.

An external link is one that leads to a website outside of linustechtips.

That's what I thought thanks :) Just wasn't sure in the context of signatures, don't really know why!

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

The logo was better then. :|

Current logo is perfect for the current state of LTT and its community.  Simple, explanatory, catchy enough.  Just want my opinion to be heard to, Linus do not switch the logo!

It's cool to see the progression from our perspective, especially with the recent 'behind the scenes' at their new HQ.  I honestly feel like Linus and Co. should partner on an official/website level with TekSyndicate/UnboxTherapy/MKBHD and just aggregate their YouTube videos.  The business model would have the normal free structure and a paid version to get access to more in depth reviews (cheap, such as $4/month).  It would literally encompass every major topic in the tech space and blow the lid off sites like The Verge, engadget, techcrunch, etc...the Verge is moving towards this video production model as well.  The greatest asset LTT and these other sites have is their video production, which separates them from text-based sites like techreport/anandtech/PCPer.  Biggest issue would be whether to keep the forums separate or give teksyndicate a dedicated topics section under the LTT forum...or more likely make a different site entirely to encompass everything.  I just don't think having 5-10 different tech sources is a good way to compete with organized sites like engadget, CNET, etc...or maybe youtube should get their shat together, and Google should accelerate Fiber to every major US city by 2015   :D  

I didn't even know who he was in 2008, I spent plenty of time on anandtech and various others (never toms hardware though) but It was only in the last couple of months that I stumbled across the youtube channel and realised this guy knew what he was talking about.

I really hope it keeps growing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I didn't even know who he was in 2008, I spent plenty of time on anandtech and various others (never toms hardware though) but It was only in the last couple of months that I stumbled across the youtube channel and realised this guy knew what he was talking about.

I really hope it keeps growing.

i never really got into tech before. just this year.  :mellow:

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

i never really got into tech before. just this year.  :mellow:

I've always been INTO tech, but PC building, just since  around 5 months before Christmas 2012

:) I wish the forum was up then, I would have chosen MUCH better components XD haha

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH