Reformatting laptop ASAP!

xvantok

So I have some pressing work I need to do and my laptop is giving me crap. It's very old but I'm hoping I can at least make it last the month or two I need till I can afford my PC, sooooo,

How can I reformat my computer but still keep windows ideally in the next Half hour as I have downloaded unwittingly a lot of crap/bloat/add/everything ware!

Please help as I really need to do this quick, but I also need to keep windows and ideally Microsoft office!

Cheers!

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

what version of windows?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

what version of windows?

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Windows 7 - 64 bit

what kind of laptop?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

what kind of laptop?

Not to sure

It's a Lenovo think pad (one of the older ones) but not sure specifics as it's me dad's old one

If it have factory reset option, you are golden. Check under what key it is when the laptop is booting.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

If you downloaded a lot of bloatware etc. than download Malwarebytes and do a system scan (free professional anti-malware program)

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

You can find an iso of a windows disk somewhere on the internet and then use the key that should be on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop. It will take a while though and drivers are a pain on laptops.

Boooom! Found it: Lenovo t61

Boooom! Found it: Lenovo t61

During system startup press the Thinkvantage button or the F11 button, go into Rescue and Recovery, restore to factory condition.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/T61-Want-to-start-again-factory-refresh/td-p/13821

Factory reset will reinstall windows with drivers, basically how you got it on the first day. If it of course have a original HDD.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

You can find an iso of a windows disk somewhere on the internet and then use the key that should be on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop. It will take a while though and drivers are a pain on laptops.

If you downloaded a lot of bloatware etc. than download Malwarebytes and do a system scan (free professional anti-malware program)

If it have factory reset option, you are golden. Check under what key it is when the laptop is booting.

Take a look in the BIOS, I think it says the model number there.

Sliiiiiight problem: it's the Lenova T61 which already makes things harder and it appears my recovery partition is missing as I get this: see picture.

Any ideas what to do? I have my windows and office keys but just not disks and I need to do this tonight! Please help!!

post-155616-0-93397900-1428010938_thumb.

Do you have a recovery disk? If so pop it into the disk reader and see what happens

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Then you are sol and have to find a clean win iso somewhere. :(

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Do you have a recovery disk? If so pop it into the disk reader and see what happens

Then you are sol and have to find a clean win iso somewhere. :(

Desperate times call for desperate measures:

I have No recovery disks but is there a way to torrent/download the same stuff of the interwebs somewhere? I have another laptop if I need to download it on their or something

Desperate times call for desperate measures:

I have No recovery disks but is there a way to torrent/download the same stuff of the interwebs somewhere? I have another laptop if I need to download it on their or something

Try making a recovery disk from your second laptop (if it has that feature and pop it into the broken laptop) - I've used recovery disks from different computers/laptops to recover different computers/laptops

Try making a recovery disk from your second laptop (if it has that feature and pop it into the broken laptop) - I've used recovery disks from different computers/laptops to recover different computers/laptops

How would I know if my laptop had this feature and/or access this feature?

How would I know if my laptop had this feature and/or access this feature?

Well on my HP computer/laptop if you go into computer there is a hard drive labeled Factory_image and a recovery folder. Or go into Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore [sorry it's late at where I am and I have to go - good luck!]