Lenovo Carbon X1 2015

DotoreN

How is the new Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 2015?

I'm looking for a powerful 256gb ssd, 8gb ram laptop and this one looks pretty good.

I heard Linus had a review of it, but I couldn't find it.. 

What is your opinion on this laptop? :)

If you want an ultrabook then go for it.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I know someone who has one. its a really great laptop haven't used it personnally though

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you want an ultrabook then go for it.

I'm mostly going to do programming / coding on it (vm, java, cs, php, sql, python, ruby etc) I hope it's powerful enough.

It looks great in my opinion however I am ignorant of pricing/availability and believe the dell xps 13 higher tier model is quite good.

It looks great in my opinion however I am ignorant of pricing/availability and believe the dell xps 13 higher tier model is quite good.

We have quite a few of them at work. The 2nd gen (2014 model) has some problems. But the seem to be pretty much fixed with the 3rd gen.

The problems are mostly is related to the touchpad, and the touchpad is bad enough already.. (Got the same one on my x240)

But apart from that, it's a pretty awesome little laptop... If you have that amount of money for a laptop

We have quite a few of them at work. The 2nd gen (2014 model) has some problems. But the seem to be pretty much fixed with the 3rd gen.

The problems are mostly is related to the touchpad, and the touchpad is bad enough already.. (Got the same one on my x240)

But apart from that, it's a pretty awesome little laptop... If you have that amount of money for a laptop

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-14-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00HQ96JU8

This one has an insane sale.. but has 4400HD graphics instead of the 5500 which the new 3rd gen has. What gen is this carbon?

Linus posted a video about it on Vessel. So it will properly be available soon on youtube (youtube is 6 videos behind)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

That's the 2nd gen :)

Ah thanks, i'll pass on this deal then :)

Going to continue my endless search to the ultrabook I'm looking for ;p