Old PSU, it is enough?

joselrl

So, I desmantled a old computer (10 years or so) before making my new PC, everything was trash except the PSU that was replaced more recently

The PSU is this one: http://www.extreme-computers.ro/Detalii/NOX-Urano-600--AT-600P12P---PSU-/

600W, not 80+ (<72%) with 38 amps on the 12V (by my math atleast) with all connection I need for the new RIG (2 SATAS and 2 6+2 PCIE pins).

The new PC will have a 4790k and a g1 Gaming gtx 970,

So, do you think it's safe to go with this one and use the budget somewhere else (monitor most likely) or buy a new PSU?

Replace it with something HQ from EVGA or Antec, That NOX is a cheap chinese PSU.

For sure you'll want a new PSU. That will only last a few months before possibly destroying your entire rig. Never cheap out on the power supply, especially in high end builds like yours.

Try for a Seasonic, EVGA, XFX, or Corsair AX series power supply.

EVGA do really nice power supplies. So do Corsair. 

I'm going to be purchasing a Corsair one for my new build :D

It's cheap but it'll do the job but I still suggest you update it.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

As said above.. don't cheap out on the PSU.. Though thats not to say that you have to spend a fortune.. Go to jonny guru and check out professional reviews of anything your thinking of getting... Super Flower have some excelent units at the moment.

Though I do like that if a corsair blows and damages the system they will cover at least some of the costs involved in replacing it where they are not (as far as I know) any way legally obliged to.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

So, Is this one good enough? http://www.corsair.com/pt-pt/vs-seriestm-vs550-550-watt-power-supply

550W, 42A on 12V, 80+ (white)

I'd personally look to 650w units for the sake of later expansion, but 550w should be fine for you.

I wouldn't put that old PSU you have to work powering anything I cared about.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync

Thanks guys, I will get the corsair then, I'll stick with the 550W as I don't fancy SLI configs. Preffer the stability of a single card