Why doesn't Linus like Razer?

Inventrious

Not sure about if he likes it or not, but Min Liang Tan sure is spoiling him with Razer products :P

I said "Razer" because it seems like he dislikes every product from them that he reviews.

I understand, its just that there should be some clarification between the company itself and some of their products. In razer's defence, Linus's job is to criticize all the products he reviews to help us make informed decisions before buying them and to help manufacturers improve upon their produc. In that sense, he would hate MOST products he reviews because there is usually something he can find wrong with them. Because razer targets a specific niche, it is quite easy for Linus to find faults, especially since he doesn't fit in that niche. I think that Linus initially holds a neutral opinion on most of the products he reviews and retains the neutrality towards the company, although he may heavily dislike the product......with the exception of EA and Ubisoft of course. 

Got mine replaced with a new mouse from the store, wasn't that hard to go do. Traded the deathadder for the Logitech G400, best mouse I ever had until I got my G502. 

All of a sudden it was replaced now?

I have had countless hours of experience with it. A friend got it (as a birthday present) and we played hours of CS:GO on it.

So you actually used one?

So you actually used one?

Yeah, for a while.

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

He went full fanboy. Stop defending Razer. Just embrace it: they suck.

"Hurr did big brand A sucks, hurr durr big brand B sucks"

Don't be an idiot

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I don't know about Linus or everyone else but I'm painting the Razer logo on my garage. Then I'm buying the brand new Razer gaming grill. Looks sick. The Razer home edition is amazing. Razer for life.

/s /thread

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

All of a sudden it was replaced now?

Your mind can't comprehend anything I say I guess. First, all I said was I switch to the Logitech from the Deathadder (since I had a bad experience) nothing more. Second, I never said that I replaced it until that last message because you never asked if I got a new Deathadder or not, you just assumed that it was never replaced with anything else. That was your first mistake. Lastly, Don't even know why you are trying to argue here, you have no valid point. Don't even know why you are on the forums to begin with if you are just going to argue with people. You're not listening to what anyone says anyways, so why bother posting anything at all? Time to grow up kid, this ain't middle school. This is a forum for tech savvy people to enjoy themselves and not argue with anyone over a brand they like and dislike. Everyone has a opinion on a certain brand of products they like and we are also here to help people out if he/she need help. That's all. Time to end this conversation because it's not worth my time.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Your mind can't comprehend anything I say I guess. First, all I said was I switch to the Logitech from the Deathadder (since I had a bad experience) nothing more. Second, I never said that I replaced it until that last message because you never asked if I got a new Deathadder or not, you just assumed that it was never replaced with anything else. That was your first mistake. Lastly, Don't even know why you are trying to argue here, you have no valid point. Don't even know why you are on the forums to begin with if you are just going to argue with people. You're not listening to what anyone says anyways, so why bother posting anything at all? Time to grow up kid, this ain't middle school. This is a forum for tech savvy people to enjoy themselves and not argue with anyone over a brand they like and dislike. Everyone has a opinion on a certain brand of products they like and we are also here to help people out if he/she need help. That's all. Time to end this conversation because it's not worth my time.

No, it's that you aren't making any sense whatsoever. You said you had a Deathadder for a month. You probably would have said that you replaced it after your "bad experience". You came to this topic to argue, I didn't force you here. It's none of your business why I'm on here, so that shouldn't matter. I'm listening to what everyone has to say, but quite a few fanboys of some brand competing with Razer came to argue (like you). I agree, this isn't middle school. Don't know what that has to do with anything, but okay. You were the one arguing over the brands you dislike, not me. I was just asking a question that didn't require arguments, people like you came and created them. This argument is not worth anyone's time. 

personally, i think razor are overrated.  Are they popular? sure.  Does that mean their products are the best? no.  They are not my cup of tea.

Razer has the best looking products..

Everything for gaming is overpriced nowadays

They're excellent quality, I've been using 'em for a while now, and tons of YouTubers love them...

Excellent support. They have the only support that's actually worked to help me with my problems (very small problem)

Looks are subjective.

Gaming as a product marketing type is overpriced, but Razer overprice pretty damn well. Come on, I can get a Thermaltake keyboard with the same build quality and switches as the

Razer BlackWidow 2014 for $79, the Poseidon Z (Razer's switches are Kailhua Blues but colored green.)

Excellent quality? That's really debatable. Every Razer product I've owned has not survived. My BlackWidow 2013 and BlackWidow Tournament 2013 are both pretty much dead, with typing issues where the same letter is typed multiple times when pressed once and dodgy internal cable connections. And it happened to both of them outside the warranty window.

Excellent support is not something I can gauge, but they didn't want to help me with my Tournament because I had disassembled the thing. I know they're allowed to refuse service, and I don't hold it against them, but all I asked for was a small PCB that connected the keyboard to the MiniUSB port.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

From what I've personally experienced (and from what I've read) Razer products seem to have excellent functionality but terrible build quality. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2