Extend your battery to eternity! Amplify

Gala

4 hours ago i was browsing some Xposed modules. I stumbled upon Amplify, some "batter saver" i was thinking. You know, the sketchy DU Battery Saver and Battery Doctor? Naah, this one is different.

This one blocks wake-locks. A wakelock is then some app or activity locks your phone to a wake state to do its thing, consuming battery.

4 hours ago i installed the module on 34%. Im still at 34% battery. Take a look!

29KRE2k.png

The biggest battery eater is the screen.

And here is what the interface looks like:

DOFc8GQ.png

There is literally nothing to touch and change untill you buy the Pro version. THen you can adjust to maximise battery even more.

The only downside is that you need to be rooted and have Xposed.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

So.... this is essentially blocking push notifications and limiting the functionality of your phone. Why can't you just manually turn off notifications for apps that you don't want notifications for?

This is nice.

If you're not like me, who wants to get notifications from my phone, and depends on wakelocks for my morning alarms.

So.... this is essentially blocking push notifications and limiting the functionality of your phone. Why can't you just manually turn off notifications for apps that you don't want notifications for?

Especially when that's a new feature of 5.0...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

@kurahk7 @Techteen14

I use Amplify as well. While my battery does increase, it takes no affect on your notifications and alarms, at least not from my use. Notifications and alarms still work perfectly fine...

COMIC SANS

amplify is a good app to limit Google wakelocks. other wakelocks however require some trial-and-error. 

This is nice.

If you're not like me, who wants to get notifications from my phone, and depends on wakelocks for my morning alarms.

Especially when that's a new feature of 5.0...

It doesn't work that way. For example, Hangouts. If you send a SMS or MMS and it can't send it for some reason (no credit), Hangouts will literally try to send it or die trrying. Amplify blocks that. Try it, i didn't have any problems with alarms or notifications.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

Trying it out. Testing it tommorow. Does it help even with screen on?

My s4 likes to heat up to 62*C. Trying to fix that

It doesn't work that way. For example, Hangouts. If you send a SMS or MMS and it can't send it for some reason (no credit), Hangouts will literally try to send it or die trrying. Amplify blocks that. Try it, i didn't have any problems with alarms or notifications.

Ah, OK. I might have to test this if I ever muster the confidence to root my phone.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650