Not sure about CPU choice

Is it something I will really notice? Thats my fear! Keep in mind form and XBox one to this rig? Will I, in anyway be disappointed?

Yeah, you'll be pretty disappointed when that Raidmax PSU sets your house on fire.

Yeah, you'll be pretty disappointed when that Raidmax PSU sets your house on fire.

I have no idea what im doing! What is wrong with the PSU?

I have no idea what im doing! What is wrong with the PSU?

Raidmax power supplies are almost always of horrible quality, and don't live up to their reported power. This is a much much better option, an absolute first rate 1000W PSU:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5SC1XU2335

R9 290x crossfire for a 3 screen 144 hrz display maybe? I would love an avg of 100 fps on ultra on games like hardline not to mention heavy mods on Skyrim. No I cannot return the chip :(

Maybe? Also, when you build it keep a fire extinguisher to hand for that power supply.

Steve

Thank you for that! Replaced in my cart.

Why not use PC Part Picker?

Steve

Damn. I wish I would have done more research.

Its ok, everyone makes mistakes.

Next time you do a CPU upgrade you will have to buy a new motherboard to switch to intel, but it will be worth it :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have already had a nightmare of a time trying to figure out what GPU(s) to buy and now with this thread I am more than turned around confused. Anyone have an Idea what I should get for three displays at 144fps on trip a titles. I never thought of the bottleneck with the CPU. I would really like the expertise of the forum on this one. I truly am lost on this. Money is no option regarding the GPU(s)

Maybe? Also, when you build it keep a fire extinguisher to hand for that power supply.

LOL I have replaced it now because of a comment regarding that. Thank you guys so much for the help so far. 

Why not use PC Part Picker?

I did and I had no warning when I chose that PSU! This is why I trust real people.

I did and I had no warning when I chose that PSU! This is why I trust real people.

Yeah, it would be compatible but the power supply is teir 5 and I quote "Replace immediately. These units are NOT recommended for any system, no matter the purpose. Reference to higher tiered models for a better and potentially money-saving unit"

-http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

LOL I have replaced it now because of a comment regarding that. Thank you guys so much for the help so far.

What else have you bought? I'd say 2x R9 290X 8GB. And you'll want a 1000w at least and you might aswell turn off your central heating. Hehe

Steve

Yeah, it would be compatible but the power supply is teir 5 and I quote "Replace immediately. These units are NOT recommended for any system, no matter the purpose. Reference to higher tiered models for a better and potentially money-saving unit"

-http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

What else have you bought? I'd say 2x R9 290X 8GB. And you'll want a 1000w at least and you might aswell turn off your central heating. Hehe

Bought.

Case: (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139032[1] )

CPU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347[2]

Mobo: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877[3]

Ram (More to come later of course): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231455[4]

SSD for boot: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107

In cart.

http://gyazo.com/2057c3549e065f43dafdffde8822c942

http://gyazo.com/00d1bbdf1e27a32ad0fa364ca8f0a1a3

Updated PSU.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5SC1XU2335

Lost on gpu for what I need/want.

TIA but if you don't have time I understand. Kinda went from CPU talk to me not knowing much about my build at all lol!

Oy Vey.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

-snip-

budget and location please.

Do you need monitor, peripherals and OS included in the budget?

Thanks!"

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

budget and location please.

Do you need monitor, peripherals and OS included in the budget?

Thanks!"

At this point I just need direction on what GPU(S) I should get to run my display. 3 144hz benq monitors. All this talk about bottlenecking has me a bit worried about what I should get for crossfire to max out my fps on games like hardline.

At this point I just need direction on what GPU(S) I should get to run my display. 3 144hz benq monitors. All this talk about bottlenecking has me a bit worried about what I should get for crossfire to max out my fps on games like hardline.

howww man...so you already bought the AMD FX CPU and motherboard and you plan on gaming on 144hz monitors with that?

You have to understand...performance originates with the CPU, not the GPU. Any gaming GPU can play any game at any frame rate that a CPU can generate. The difference between lower end gaming GPUs and higher end gaming GPUs will always manifest as a difference in VISUAL QUALITY in actual real-world implementation not FPS.

That said, the AMD FX-9590 that you bought at a very high price tag can only generate from 40 to 80FPS in average depending on the game, and will often drop even bellow that and in some MMO's and RPG it can go as low as 20FPS at times...so even if you run dual TITAN X in SLI on this you ain't gonna get anything more than those figures...of course you'll be able to crank up image quality through the roof but the cards will never be fully utilized and the FPS will always be low..

You HAVE to figure out a way to return that CPU and motherboard and order something else...even a core i5-4460 is a worthy upgrade to the AMD FX...but if you want to game at a steady 100FPS + in games you'll want at least a core i5-4690K that you'll overclock and idealy a core i7-4790K.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

howww man...so you already bought the AMD FX CPU and motherboard and you plan on gaming on 144hz monitors with that?

You have to understand...performance originates with the CPU, not the GPU. Any gaming GPU can play any game at any frame rate that a CPU can generate. The difference between lower end gaming GPUs and higher end gaming GPUs will always manifest as a difference in VISUAL QUALITY in actual real-world implementation not FPS.

That said, the AMD FX-9590 that you bought at a very high price tag can only generate from 40 to 80FPS in average depending on the game, and will often drop even bellow that and in some MMO's and RPG it can go as low as 20FPS at times...so even if you run dual TITAN X in SLI on this you ain't gonna get anything more than those figures...of course you'll be able to crank up image quality through the roof but the cards will never be fully utilized and the FPS will always be low..

You HAVE to figure out a way to return that CPU and motherboard and order something else...even a core i5-4460 is a worthy upgrade to the AMD FX...but if you want to game at a steady 100FPS + in games you'll want at least a core i5-4690K that you'll overclock and idealy a core i7-4790K.

This is where I wonder if this is true. I see videos of this CPU with a single GPU, lets say r9 290 vapor and bf4 on ultra runs at max 160fps and min 80 fps. You say it is the CPU dealing with the fps so my only issue at the moment is eyefinity?

an example, with only the one card.

an example, with only the one card.

tomb raider is a game from 2012...not CPU intensive what so ever...for such game yes the AMD FX perform well enough...not the case for many other modern AAA titles.

tomb raider is a game from 2012...not CPU intensive what so ever...for such game yes the AMD FX perform well enough...not the case for many other modern AAA titles.

So far I can see the games I play such as BF4, BFhardline, Skyrim seem to preform well with this build and in some cases better than an intel build with mantle.

I have come to the conclusion that this chip will best suit my needs when it comes to the games I like to play along with Every day use and editing not to mention streaming.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with this issue but have come to the conclusion that at the moment AMD will be the build for me. This is of course is until I require more. As for the "bottleneck" people. As far as I can tell you have no idea of the meaning of the word and should shake you're head.