Is paying for a thermal paste upgrade for a laptop worth the extra 35$

I am getting a laptop from pro-star.com and it offers a thermal paste upgrade for the cpu and gpu for the Asus g751 laptop, is it worth it? I know with this laptop its hard to get access to many things such as the cpu/ gpu

well if it doesn't include thermal paste then $35 is kinda a rip off imo

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I'd pay for it personally, but it depends on whether you know how to disassemble the laptop and whether they put good quality stuff in. I wouldn't settle for less than NT-H1, IC Diamond 7 or Coollaboratory Liquid Pro.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

if they can do it, you can too

if you dont want to bother with the trouble of disassembling and reassembling just pay them to do it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Asus's ROG laptops are a bitch to disassemble. I had to replace the TIM for one last month brought temps down by almost 10-15C on the CPU and GPU.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Asus's ROG laptops are a bitch to disassemble. I had to replace the TIM for one last month brought temps down by almost 10-15C on the CPU and GPU.

what website did you do to get yours? I heard the same thing about the one i wanna get cause its a bitch to disassemble

what website did you do to get yours? I heard the same thing about the one i wanna get cause its a bitch to disassemble

Got it through newegg its a ROG G750JZ with a 4th gen i7 and a 770m that is overclocked. I did the thermal paste change myself for it. I used IC Diamond 24k. Its what I use on all my CPU's and GPU's.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I'd pay for it personally, but it depends on whether you know how to disassemble the laptop and whether they put good quality stuff in. I wouldn't settle for less than NT-H1, IC Diamond 7 or Coollaboratory Liquid Pro.

It's IC Diamond

if they can do it, you can too

if you dont want to bother with the trouble of disassembling and reassembling just pay them to do it

You've obviously never disassembled an ASUS

Not really, the stock stuff should be fine.

Not for high-end stuff. It's a huge race to find great paste in the high-end notebook market. Stock paste is usually not cutting it.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

So? Other people have. Just follow what they did.

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus/8826-asus-g751-disassembly-repaste-bad-oc-fix.html

54fa26090d994714a8d8cf3925a60663.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's IC Diamond

Not for high-end stuff. It's a huge race to find great paste in the high-end notebook market. Stock paste is usually not cutting it.

would you say its worth it? I mean The g751's big flaw is that you can't really clean out the fans and have access to many things under the hood easily. Thats why im using one of those custom laptop building sites to build mine so i don't have to deal with the aggrivation of doing the thermal paste myself. Also I cannot find even a remotely good disassembly video of it.

Just because someone like me or the other enthusiasts on NBR and Tech Inferno can do it, does not mean 90% of this forum can (or is willing to try to) do it. You recommend to the skill of the user, or their willingness to try. Not more, not less. There is a reason that pre-built computers are still a thing for most users who own PCs.

would you say its worth it? I mean The g751's big flaw is that you can't really clean out the fans and have access to many things under the hood easily. Thats why im using one of those custom laptop building sites to build mine so i don't have to deal with the aggrivation of doing the thermal paste myself. Also I cannot find even a remotely good disassembly video of it.

I would tell you either buy it or buy a Clevo based laptop which is far easier to access the internals of.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just because someone like me or the other enthusiasts on NBR and Tech Inferno can do it, does not mean 90% of this forum can (or is willing to try to) do it. You recommend to the skill of the user, or their willingness to try. Not more, not less. There is a reason that pre-built computers are still a thing for most users who own PCs.

I would tell you either buy it or buy a Clevo based laptop which is far easier to access the internals of.

Would you say a clevo laptop is of equal or better quality than the Asus ROG?

With a Prema BIOS and modded vBIOS it'll be better than the ASUS machine will ever be, though its CPU cooling is not as good.

With a Prema BIOS and modded vBIOS it'll be better than the ASUS machine will ever be, though its CPU cooling is not as good.

Well couldn't I get upgraded thermal paste and copper pipes from places like xotic PC to make up for the lack of good cooling?

Thermal paste can be done yourself, and copper pins won't do anything but slow the heating up time of your hardware. The max temp remains and it cools more slowly. It's pointless.

Thermal paste can be done yourself, and copper pins won't do anything but slow the heating up time of your hardware. The max temp remains and it cools more slowly. It's pointless.

What do you think the best thing I could do about that problem? Also I'll look up tutorials for taking it apart and replacing the thermal paste

The best thing you could do is use good paste and max fans and prop it up or whatever. There's cooling mods on NBR for most of the new and last-gen models.

The best thing you could do is use good paste and max fans and prop it up or whatever. There's cooling mods on NBR for most of the new and last-gen models.

thank you!