Strange Smell getting out of the Tower

Hi guys,

my desktop is making a smell like mold...

I disssambled all the Tower apart to remove dust but i want to know how can I eliminate that odd smell

I think its my CPU Cooler, I've teared apart all the parts and there's no dust at all now, but it keeos making that disgusting smell...

This is an photo from my dekstop inside, focusing the cpu cooler (Zalman CNPS9700 LED)

http://prntscr.com/6mdk00

Waiting for an reply

Regards

take your cooler out and clean it with rubbing alcohol.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

@Dkmenchar

Are you sure it's not something else in the room?

Yes because i trade my laptop Toshiba L50-A-1EF to this desktop with monitor, and since i got the desktop, my room is smelling like sh*t

here is the desktop

http://prntscr.com/6mdmdi

take your cooler out and clean it with rubbing alcohol.

ethyl alcohol ?

Yes because i trade my laptop Toshiba L50-A-1EF to this desktop with monitor, and since i got the desktop, my room is smelling like sh*t

here is the desktop

http://prntscr.com/6mdmdi

For now, shut it off, take it apart and spray some Lysol disinfectant spray on the case... let dry for 1 hour...

spray it around the room too...

For now, shut it off, take it apart and spray some Lysol disinfectant spray on the case... let dry for 1 hour...

The case isn't the problem... i just bought this case 2 weeks ago, its fresh and new, but can i clean the cpu cooler with that disinfectant spray ?

hmm not sure, make the room smell nice! candle or deodrent, anything. then open your case, and smell to try narrow down the component making the horrific smell, post back results. 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

ethyl alcohol ?

isopropyl

OP doesn't spray that shit on your computer parts. take your cooler out and use it on the cooler maybe, but not near your parts.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

The case isn't the problem... i just bought this case 2 weeks ago, its fresh and new, but can i clean the cpu cooler with that disinfectant spray ?

Should be safe as long as you clear out any residue at the point of contact between the CPU and the cooler...

Just remember to let it dry for a bit...

isopropyl

OP doesn't spray that shit on your computer parts.

I did it myself before... On a system that was infested with rats...

hmm not sure, make the room smell nice! candle or deodrent, anything. then open your case, and smell to try narrow down the component making the horrific smell, post back results. 

I'm doing this since i have the desktop (2 months) and i'm looking for an ultimate solution for this smell... I'm thinking on buying an new cpu cooler... but i dont find coolers like this for 775 Socket in my local store

Should be safe as long as you clear out any residue at the point of contact between the CPU and the cooler...

Just remember to let it dry for a bit...

You mean rats ? real rats ?

WTF >.<

i'd be worried about electrolytic residue on my PCBs.

I'm doing this since i have the desktop (2 months) and i'm looking for an ultimate solution for this smell... I'm thinking on buying an new cpu cooler... but i dont find coolers like this for 775 Socket in my local store

could you put stock cooler back on and report results then.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

WTF >.<

i'd be worried about electrolytic residue on my PCBs.

I was suggesting spraying it on the heatsink after it's been removed from the system... not the PCBs... I use a qtip and some 70% alcohol on that... (after making sure that everything is discharged and the CMOS battery is off)

You mean rats ? real rats ?

Yes... real rats... and the system smelled of their excrement + something else...

could you put stock cooler back on and report results then.

I don't have the stock cooler...

I was suggesting spraying it on the heatsink after it's been removed from the system... not the PCBs... I use a qtip and some 70% alcohol on that... (after making sure that everything is discharged and the CMOS battery is off)

Yes... real rats... and the system smelled of their excrement + something else...

I'll try that thanks for the help :)

I don't have the stock cooler...

I'll try that thanks for the help :)

Remember to air dry your parts before putting it back together...

clean all the cables too, with a cloth soaked in alcohol, something could have got on the cables too.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

and when I said something got on the cables  .... a cat once sprayed in an old PC of mine and when it got warm .... bugger me did it smell bad. It was all over the cables and produced a smell only ever found in the depths of the seven circles of hell ....

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M