AMD needs power efficient architecture!

I think we can all agree AMD is basically crap(compared to the competition), nothing they make is not beaten by someone else! There products are weaker then the competition, run hotter and draw a huge amount of power. Rumors say the r9 390x is gonna be watercooled! this is what they have to do to add in more stream processors and higher base clocks; if they keep this up they'll have to use liquid nitrogen to cool the r9 490x. the gtx titan x doesnt need watercooling and it has 3000+ cuda cores BECAUSE OF THE POWER EFFICIENT MAXWELL. So why does this card need it. power effecient architecture will allow for higher base clocks and more processors potentially opening the flood gates for more innovation and improvement so amd could soon be on par with intel and nvidia so we dont need to 1000 for a damn 8 core and 1000 for a slightly better gtx 980 (titan x)  (sorry for the grammar and format)

Thanks for the insight though everbody! I didn't mean to troll I just wanted to have a discussion w/ ppl who actually understand tech nobody does where I come from.

*Sigh*

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

/Thread

Inciting flame wars is NOT a good way to start off your career here. AMD has competitive gear and does have, and has had some power efficient hardware today and in the past. Fanboys are the scum of the world.

I've never seen any quality reports on the 390X being stock water cooled, and tonga is already fairly power efficient, far better than hawaii. So that part is just fanboy shit you see on the internet. AMD for almost it's entire life has traded blows with nvidia for graphics horsepower, the 295x2 still being the fastest single-card solution in the world for gaming in 95% of games. The cpu side of things amd could improve, yes. But amd also is lightyears ahead of intel in terms of integrated graphics, being magnitudes better. Both intel and nvidia can learn a lot of amd, as amd can learn a lot from them.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I think we can all agree AMD is basically crap, nothing they make is not beaten by someone else! There products are weaker then the competition, run hotter and draw a huge amount of power. Rumors say the r9 390x is gonna be watercooled! this is what they have to do to add in more stream processors and higher base clocks; if they keep this up they'll have to use liquid nitrogen to cool the r9 490x. the gtx titan x doesnt need watercooling and it has 3000+ cuda cores BECAUSE OF THE POWER EFFICIENT MAXWELL. So why does this card need it. power effecient architecture will allow for higher base clocks and more processors potentially opening the flood gates for more innovation and improvement so amd could soon be on par with intel and nvidia so we dont need to 1000 for a damn 8 core and 1000 for a slightly better gtx 980 (titan x)  (sorry for the grammar and format)

The titan X could use watercooling or at least a better cooler as from what I've heard it has some major thermal throttling issues.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

fan boy much?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

The titan X could use watercooling or at least a better cooler as from what I've heard it has some major thermal throttling issues.

I'm not so sure, I'm seeing plenty of people overclock them to 1300MHz+ on the stock cooler.

Though to OP saying that Big Maxwell is power efficient, it isn't that power efficient. It still has a 250W TDP, which is no less than 290X or the original TITAN.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

le cokeman has returned

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I love Nvidia just as much as the next guy, but please, try not to fanboy over them too much.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

hmmmm. at least watercooling is not required

i just want amd to innovate and not be the underdog for ONCE

hmmmm. at least watercooling is not required

It won't be for the 390X either if leaks are anything to go by.

WCE means WaterCooled Edition. If it's an edition, it isn't the only model. Editions tend to be higher end versions of the original model with something special to offer, like the Z97 Sabertooth Mark S which is a special edition board. There will be an aircooled R9 390X...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i just want amd to innovate and not be the underdog for ONCE

Just think though they are the only company putting out CPUs and GPUs so they do have multiple directions to go in.

/Thread

Inciting flame wars is NOT a good way to start off your career here. AMD has competitive gear and does have, and has had some power efficient hardware today and in the past. Fanboys are the scum of the world.

Im not doing that i just want improvement for amd, but thanks for being such a good sport u guys arent like the youtube assholes

I think im just gonna leave the forum for awhile.

If you have me on Skype/Steam contact me when the fanboys die down

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I think we can all agree AMD is basically crap, nothing they make is not beaten by someone else! There products are weaker then the competition, run hotter and draw a huge amount of power. Rumors say the r9 390x is gonna be watercooled! this is what they have to do to add in more stream processors and higher base clocks; if they keep this up they'll have to use liquid nitrogen to cool the r9 490x. the gtx titan x doesnt need watercooling and it has 3000+ cuda cores BECAUSE OF THE POWER EFFICIENT MAXWELL. So why does this card need it. power effecient architecture will allow for higher base clocks and more processors potentially opening the flood gates for more innovation and improvement so amd could soon be on par with intel and nvidia so we dont need to 1000 for a damn 8 core and 1000 for a slightly better gtx 980 (titan x)  (sorry for the grammar and format)

Well I'm gonna first point out that I don't think you once mentioned a CPU... but posted in the CPU section so that's cool I guess. They definitely do have power efficient mobile chips though and their timeline outlines even more things. It's just taking time for them. They're a fraction of the size of Intel. I'll always have faith in them and do enjoy their products. Eventually it'll get there I'm sure. Businesses thrive from competition.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K @ 4.5GHz  |  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO  |  Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

GPU: Asus R9 280X  |  PSU: Corsair HX850  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm  |  CASE: Fractal Design R4 Blackout

AMD has much better prices. I love Nvidia for the features but if I didnt need some of their features I'd go with AMD.

I have an AMD processor and its fine, works good for the price. Both have their pros and cons, who cares which is better.

blackshades on

What's even the point of this thread? Oh and for the price to performance AMD cards do outperform Nvidia cards.

That's debatable. R9 290X and GTX 970 provide the same level of performance for the same money. As do the R9 280 and GTX 960. Used doesn't count, anyone can go buy used and get a better deal on either side. NVIDIA tend to make better top-end cards, AMD tend to make better price/performance solutions, but this generation is fairly matched (though NVIDIA is leaving huge gaps.)

Power efficiency doesn't put frames on the screen. I couldn't give a damn about power consumption. If I wanted something to play games at less than 200w I'd get a laptop. Though the joke here is comparing  last gen AMD to current gen Nvidia. Sadly the joke isn't very fun. I don't see you being around on the forums long.

Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaanoooooooo

Intel, Nvidia, and AMD are all great companies, and they will all overtake and be overtaken, just how it goes :P

Also, I can run Unigine Valley at only 60c on my 280x, therefore, your argument is "semi" invalid.

fan boy much?

dude a quad core i5 defeats a 8 core amd processor they really do need to step up there game especially in the single threaded performance department 

Im not doing that i just want improvement for amd, but thanks for being such a good sport u guys arent like the youtube assholes

Then here's a few tips man. If you dont want to be permanently hated on the forums, don't fanboy and talk from your ass when trying to make a point. for 90% of the stuff you said is just hear-say bullshit you find on youtube, like reviewers comparing the 8350 to a 5960X and calling it a fair comparison, or gpuboss rating any nvidia card higher in their index than any amd card, doing nothing but pushing a biased and anti-competitive agenda. Do yourself a favor, look at some reliable benchmarks from like, cpubenchmarks.net or gpubenchmarks.net, or tomshardware or even LTT benchmarks. Gather information for yourself from reliable and nonbiased sources. Then come back and try to talk about amd not being relevant today. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Power efficiency doesn't put frames on the screen. I couldn't give a damn about power consumption. If I wanted something to play games at less than 200w I'd get a laptop. Though the joke here is comparing  last gen AMD to current gen Nvidia. Sadly the joke isn't very fun. I don't see you being around on the forums long.

he's a bit too polarized IMO

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Power efficiency doesn't put frames on the screen.

While true, power efficiency has a huge contribution to the thermal performance of a machine. Consider that R9 290Xes tend to run at higher temps than GTX 970s and perform only as well, and run at higher temps than a GTX 980 while performing worse (if we're comparing the most similar cooling solutions, say Tri-X to Windforce.)