bezel-less monitors.

VioDuskar

i'm looking for some for gaming on.

like three of them...

preferably with DP connections.

at least 1920x1080

for like ~600 USD.

suggestions?

wish i could afford a 4k monitor, but i'll settle for DSR.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Dell U2414H is the best option if you want DP. There is an issue with MST on those monitors though. 

Dell U2414H is the best option if you want DP. There is an issue with MST on those monitors though. 

MST?

i get most TLAs, but that one i missed. (Three Letter Acronym)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

MST?

i get most TLAs, but that one i missed. (Three Letter Acronym)

Multi Stream Transport. Basically daisy chaining DP causes issues with three monitors. 

You can

I was thinking the same thing 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

You can

not three.....

Multi Stream Transport. Basically daisy chaining DP causes issues with three monitors. 

I don't need to daisy chain! my card has 3 seperate DP plugs!

That's just being greedy.

Anyway there aren't any consumer monitors that have absolutely no bezel.

Just get the one that has very thin bezel.

Or mod the bezel of it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's just being greedy.

Anyway there aren't any consumer monitors that have absolutely no bezel.

Just get the one that has very thin bezel.

thin is what i mean by bezel-less.

it isn't greedy. i just want my SLI'd 980's to work like they mean it...

Or mod the bezel of it

this.... sounds like a really great idea actually.

this.... sounds like a really great idea actually.

Google around a bit and maybe make a thread asking if anyone here has some tips on it.

Seen a few people say they had removed the bezels on their monitor

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Im working on removing my bezels. Takes the bezles down to about 4mm cause of the metal frame.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XV5EiVHKWR0

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Don't really see why people are so picky about bezel-less monitors... but what evs

Don't really see why people are so picky about bezel-less monitors... but what evs

because i think i might want to go stretched. less bez, more rez

Because who wants to look at 20mm+ of bezels when your trying to game?

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Asus mx239h... 

doesn't have a DP port :(

because i think i might want to go stretched. less bez, more rez

Haha that was so PUNNY

jk 

What have I done with my life

Haha that was so PUNNY

that wasn't a pun.

that wasn't a pun.

IK, that's the point...

Once again what have I done with my life..

doesn't have a DP port :(

Damn, would have been so nice. if there are no other nice options you may want to consider an adapter or splitter or the likes :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

AOC I2367FM

that's another super spiffy one, but no DP port :(

why hasn't DP become a thing yet?

Because it has zero advantage on a 1080p 60hz panel...

other than locking, also carrying audio, being able to push analogue, and just generally being better in everyway? while the panel might not be able to use all the extra awesome DP provides, panels should still come with DP ports IMO if for no other reason than to be early adopters.