What is your prefered VPN?

MustardFTW

I have little experience when it comes to VPNs and want to know what you guys use. I'm currently switching between Private Internet Access and IpVanish trying to figure out which one I like more. I really like the price of PIA and the extremely minimal design of it. I'm not really a fan of IpV's GUI but it does have a lot more locations to chose from.

Is the amount of IP addresses a VPN have important? That's one of the things that is currently keeping IpV in the game atm. The other is the amount of connections per account. PIA only allows 5 users to be connected at a time where IpV is unlimited. I'm not sure how that will go down in my house, if it's just me that wouldn't be an issue but if I was to put every pc in my house on a VPN I would need at least 7 connections.

Also I'm a little concerned that they're based in the US. Doesn't that mean the NSA will have access to them? Or will I not have to worry about that living in Aus?

Let me know what you guys are using.

PIA hands down. Great speeds, great price, and great customer service. I have also heard good things about torguard as well. Do remember though, most vpns will have configuration files for openvpn clients if you do not like the program they provide for some reason.

I use PIA on all of my devices and I have yet to see any sort of problem with it. I get better speeds with it and can finally run twitch with it. (apparently twitch doesn't like to run in my ISP without it)

maybe have a look into routers ,ones that support vpns ? that way u can have all your pcs or the ones your not gaming on tunneled ?.. 

i personally use a vps "in the U.S" with openvpn when i want to but that only allows 2 users i think, until you pay .

edit : im no expert 

Edited by poopcorn

I personally have my own OpenVPN server setup.  Not to hide my traffic from my ISP, just so I can access my LAN from outside my home.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

• 2 weeks later...