PC isn't as fast as it should be - Game crashes at 7fps

ApexGuardidian

Low fps isnt going to be solved by a new cooler. Do you have the latest drivers? Are other games also getting low fps?

it will if hes thermal throttling like fuck, but unless he gets AIDA or cpuz or something its all just guessing thats his problem.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

it will if hes thermal throttling like fuck, but unless he gets AIDA or cpuz or something its all just guessing thats his problem.

I have CPU-Z

He said in his previous post it was running at 42. 

He said in his previous post it was running at 42. Obviously not the issue here.

42 what? I never said anything about 42, someone else did :P

the fact you are calling us kids and that he is concerned his PSU cant keep up.

so lowering the voltage with an underclock might help him diagnose.

im sure it wont give him higher performance so do feel like you are a notch above us because you dont have anything smart to contribute to the op to fix his issue

LMAO Ok kid .Have a nice day.

I have CPU-Z

im not familier with cpuz but either run the game in windowed mode so you can monitor the cpu and perferably GPU temps while playing. Note I said playing a menu wont cut it, or if CPUZ has a way to make a log of temps use that and just play as normally for a few minutes and report back with temps. Also see if you can monitor CPU clock speeds and see if they drop as well ...I doubt temps are your issue though.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

42 what? I never said anything about 42, someone else did :P

"Left it on, CPU at 42 degrees but its not just playing it, on the home screen of it, there is major lag!"

im not familier with cpuz but either run the game in windowed mode so you can monitor the cpu and perferably GPU temps while playing. Note I said playing a menu wont cut it, or if CPUZ has a way to make a log of temps use that and just play as normally for a few minutes and report back with temps. Also see if you can monitor CPU clock speeds and see if they drop as well ...I doubt temps are your issue though.

Okay, I guess I will try that and get back to you tommorow, I need to go to bed in a bit

"Left it on, CPU at 42 degrees but its not just playing it, on the home screen of it, there is major lag!"

Ah, 42 degrees, that was basically idle. For some reason prototype 2 doesn't got hot it just lags maybe the game is just focked

Ah, 42 degrees, that was basically idle. For some reason prototype 2 doesn't got hot it just lags maybe the game is just focked

its not uncommon for games to be anal over some hardware configs and just throw a hissyfit ive never played PT2 so I dunno if it does that. as mentioned before update your drivers thats the 1st step to any game not working (assuming you havent already)

System Specs

its not uncommon for games to be anal over some hardware configs and just throw a hissyfit ive never played PT2 so I dunno if it does that. as mentioned before update your drivers thats the 1st step to any game not working (assuming you havent already)

I don't understand what to download, I downloaded the AMD catalyst software newest version. didn't that do it?

I don't understand what to download, I downloaded the AMD catalyst software newest version. didn't that do it?

I havent used an AMD card for a while...so I dont know how they do things nvidia you used to get it directly from their site now nvidia software on your computer handles the process for you.

System Specs

I havent used an AMD card for a while...so I dont know how they do things nvidia you used to get it directly from their site now nvidia software on your computer handles the process for you.

Ah, I have no idea then -_-

Ah, I have no idea then -_-

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. Heres where you get the latest driver. Input you system or use the automatic detect feature.If you have catalyst control center you can check which gpu driver version you have. 

its 20 with AMD cpus,you just set his frequency to 8ghz

Oh crap.. Sorreh!!! I don't think it would work with that setting atleast :/ Well thanks for telling me D:

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

either i say the cooler was not mounted correctly and causing high idle temps

or the mobo he bought is of a lower REV

GA-990FX-UD3 Below REV 4.0 are known to have VRM overheating troubles so the CPU may get throttled

update all drivers including the chipset drivers, SATA drivers and GPU drivers

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Specs :

PSU : 600W CX600M

GPU : R9 270x Toxic OC

CPU : AMD FX-9590 ( 225W TDP )

Case : T28 Sharkoon

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

CPU Cooler : Seidon 120v

Hard Drive : 500GB Western Digital

RAM : 8GB

I just bought ProtoType 2 and it is super laggy getting around 7fps. I think the PSU cannot handle it but I wanted your guys opinions if that really is the problem as I am saving up for a 750w gold power supply from Supersonic. Anyways, thanks in advance for any  help/suggestions !

It's because its a AMD cpu /thread

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

It's because its a AMD cpu /thread

Incredibly useful comment. Well done... **slow clap**

Specs :

PSU : 600W CX600M

GPU : R9 270x Toxic OC

CPU : AMD FX-9590 ( 225W TDP )

Case : T28 Sharkoon

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

CPU Cooler : Seidon 120v

Hard Drive : 500GB Western Digital

RAM : 8GB

I just bought ProtoType 2 and it is super laggy getting around 7fps. I think the PSU cannot handle it but I wanted your guys opinions if that really is the problem as I am saving up for a 750w gold power supply from Supersonic. Anyways, thanks in advance for any  help/suggestions !

You already posted this. This is the third time.

MODS

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

either i say the cooler was not mounted correctly and causing high idle temps

or the mobo he bought is of a lower REV

GA-990FX-UD3 Below REV 4.0 are known to have VRM overheating troubles so the CPU may get throttled

update all drivers including the chipset drivers, SATA drivers and GPU drivers

I have the rev 4.0 mobo

I have the rev 4.0 mobo

remount the cooler

reseat RAM

reinstall all drivers

check temps

use Unigine Heaven and test your system

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.