Best Voice client for gamers and just regular talking

Mbarton

Hey guys me and group are looking for a new voice client before we have (long temly)  Used used razer coms and that was alright but some of our guys with low end pc had trouble keeping there already low frame rate up so we moved  to teamspeak and thats what wre curently using you can cheach it out the teamspeak address is michaelstechgamer.com (always welcoming nw members) but i dont realy lke th ui i donont want any thing bloted like comms but nothing so simple as TeamSpeak/Mumble there are a lot of good one out there but most of them run it to one of the 2 peoblems i have with voice clients 1 you cant host it from your own server,This is a must have for us since we dont want to rely on othere people server wich go down whenever for mainece. it also raises privacy and admin control concerns. and number 2 is cost it needs be free. i forgot to menu my problem with teamspeak i hate no being able to call or message someone who is not online, so with that i think i got across what im looking for but to be sure ill put BULLETS everybody loves bullets of what need to be in th client.

• Needs to be able to be hosted on a private/personal server
  •  
  • Calling and messaging eve when someone is not i a call or channel
  •  
  • It needs to be free 

Thanks for anyone posting in this tread it helps allot and maybe come check us out on teamspeak (for now lol :D ) are grop is like one big mismatch family 

)  

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I might even just end up making a client 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Mumble is probably the closest thing you'll get to that, I wouldn't say it's bloated but w/e. If you wanted to forgo the hosting requirement, Google Hangouts could be an option. Can make a group, host calls, chat in and out of call etc. Kinda like Skype but is be entirely browser based and the Android app doesn't suck ass.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Honestly I just use steam's voice chat. Basically like skype, but it's always running in the backrounds anyways so it's pretty easy and the quality is good.

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

I've found Team Speak 3 to be my favorite voice client.

I'm not hosting a server personally, but it seems like you get a default free licence that let's you host one virtual server with 32 slots.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

how low is this LOW end PC?

this is another idea

use phone/tablet for conference call?
with Google hangout you be able to speak with multiple person.

Steam voice chat only use like... 32kbps upload

and like 1% cpu usage...

Mumble and TS3 are best options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@Mbarton Steam chat  :lol: (I like it, but I know others do not, however it meets all the requirements though) 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Mumble is probably the closest thing you'll get to that, I wouldn't say it's bloated but w/e. If you wanted to forgo the hosting requirement, Google Hangouts could be an option. Can make a group, host calls, chat in and out of call etc. Kinda like Skype but is be entirely browser based and the Android app doesn't suck ass.

We were hoping for something sleeker then mubble/teamspeak (same thing IMO lol) 

this is another idea

and like 1% cpu usage...

are weakest link runs a laptop with a i3 and 4gb ram

@Mbarton Steam chat  :lol: (I like it, but I know others do not, however it meets all the requirements though) 

this is another idea

and like 1% cpu usage...

Honestly I just use steam's voice chat. Basically like skype, but it's always running in the backrounds anyways so it's pretty easy and the quality is good.

We tried that allot of people have problems with volume. it seems to on default set everyone really low. And when were playing planetside 2 (wich can be installed threw steam or website) allot of out players don't even have steam installed :( 

Try Curse Voice its not bad at all and it tells you what game your friends are playing and it has overlays for some Mobas and some other games.

Teamspeak went completely to shit after the update that changed all the icons and colours....

I hate using it now, used to love it. Maybe u can find some skins to bring the old icons back.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

We were hoping for something sleeker then mubble/teamspeak (same thing IMO lol) 

Can you define "sleeker"? Are you looking for a client that looks a certain way or works a certain way? Because TS3 has the best features and voice quality of all of the free/semi-free voice solutions. If you're looking for a certain aesthetic (visual look) you're doing it wrong... Your voice client will be hidden behind you games or off on a second monitor 99% of the time so who cares what it looks like?

TS or Mumble. Dont know why you would go out of your way to write your own...