Recommendations for good GPU without PCIe power connector

Tarchius

Hi guys!

I'm looking into replacing my old-ass Nvidia G210. My problem is my PSU does not have a PCIe power connector. Can't upgrade my PSU due to current budget restraints and getting a 4-pin molex to PCIe power connector is a drag from where I am. I use my computer for playing MMOs, a little FPS gaming and browsing. No graphics or multimedia editing.

Any suggestions?

You can get a 750Ti in some variations that don't use a 6-pin, just look through them on Newegg.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

if you budget allows

look for the GTX750Ti

maxwell GPUs are low power TDP GPU and good for 1080P

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

GTX 750ti is the most poweful card that won't require additional power input and can run from the pcie slot only. (which provide 75W)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Thanks for the recommendation guys! I got a 500W PSU and surely that would fit in the specs. Oh how I love the community here.

Thanks for the recommendation guys! I got a 500W PSU and surely that would fit in the specs. Oh how I love the community here.

500W without 6/8 pin connectors O.o

what brand/model is that thing?

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

must be a really old PSU or it those that are non-branded no 80 plus PSU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yea how old is that thing? Even my 8800 GT had a power requirement. That is long, long dead now. I think I got 2.5 years out of it before the random shut downs occurred.

Ended up just getting a whole new build while cloning my HDDs over.

you could always get a molex to pci 6 or 8 pin adaptors and do it that way

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

you could always get a molex to pci 6 or 8 pin adaptors and do it that way

it ok but molex adapters can melt and catch fire

i encounter where the molex melted and emit a plastic smell

lucky it was corrected fast or it becomes a fire hazard

Gtx 750 ti is the most powerful gpu which doesn't need a 6 pin power connector.

Gtx 750 ti is the most powerful gpu which doesn't need a 6 pin power connector.

mostly

but EVGA,Asus and Gigabyte have variants which need the PC-E power plug

mostly

but EVGA,Asus and Gigabyte have variants which need the PC-E power plug

Yeah i know that's why I said ''don't need'' because most manufacturers put in an extra 6 pin power plug in order for their to be more overclocking headroom/more stable power delivery.

Yeah i know that's why I said ''don't need'' because most manufacturers put in an extra 6 pin power plug in order for their to be more overclocking headroom/more stable power delivery.

those special version of the GPU will not power up without you installing the PCI-E plug

It's a cheap ass PSU that came with my cheap Orion case. Sadly I made a mistake back then with money and had to stick with cheap components.

It's a cheap ass PSU that came with my cheap Orion case. Sadly I made a mistake back then with money and had to stick with cheap components.

We've all* been there, done that. Nothing to feel sorry about, if you don't make the same mistake again :)

Still the 750Ti is a pretty descent card.

*Not really all, but some.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

We've all* been there, done that. Nothing to feel sorry about, if you don't make the same mistake again :)

Still the 750Ti is a pretty descent card.

*Not really all, but some.

it definitely is. specs look fantastic for my rig.

the battle now is to find a store that sells it. buying online is not an option for me. I prefer to go to a store anyways than buy online. some stores here give you a chance to haggle.

Oh man, going from a 210 to a 750ti (and get the ti preferably), will be like going all the way from ps1 all the way to ps4. you'll beat yourself up wondering why you hadn't done it much sooner. I went 210 to 630 to 750ti and each upgrade was very significant.