Planned gaming pc

Kilmer02

What does a 14 year old need 2 TB of storage for? i can barely use more then 500 gb's. Other then that sounds good!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Good build :) I assume you haven't built it yet, if so - you can cut a bit of the cost by dropping to 8GB of RAM assuming this is for gaming. What's your HDD going to be for? I personally don't use Greens for builds where they will be regularly used because they're slower than things like Barracuda's or Blacks. Other than that, well done :)

Nice build list - love the Stryker case!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Good build :) I assume you haven't built it yet, if so - you can cut a bit of the cost by dropping to 8GB of RAM assuming this is for gaming. What's your HDD going to be for? I personally don't use Greens for builds where they will be regularly used because they're slower than things like Barracuda's or Blacks. Other than that, well done :)
thanks for your advice, do you think i should change to a seagate barracuda 1-2tb? btw i need the ram for photshop and occasional Vegas pro video editing, i would like to put an i7 but i cant really afford it

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

You may not even need the Optical Drive. But I don't know what your needs are so whatever. Looks solid :)

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

You may not even need the Optical Drive. But I don't know what your needs are so whatever. Looks solid :)
i have afew games on disc otherwise i would scrap the optical drive :D

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

Also if you have some money to spare and would like to improve your systems efficiency, go for a higher grade 80 Plus PSU with a fully modular design. Having the modular feature in your system can make it look really nice :)

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

If you're doing that sort of stuff, then yes a higher speed drive like the Barracuda will help.

What does a 14 year old need 2 TB of storage for? i can barely use more then 500 gb's. Other then that sounds good!

Just noticed you got mod, gratz :)

thanks :) the barracudas are almost the exact same price, i live in Australia btw

Same :)

You getting it from PCCG?

no i was going to buy the parts from centrecom in store, cant buy online but ill have a look at pccg and possibly buy the parts from there :) really helpful thanks

Pricings a bit cheaper at PCCG and they've got better custom service and reliability. I'm pretty sure you can call up on the phone and pay for it then pickup from their warehouse just off Wellington road (North road) down in Mulgrave. You might even be able to fax the order too..

sounds good, ill definitely look into pccg thanks man

So many people from Aushere , lots more than I thought. What kind of games would you be playing with this and what kind of situation are you in regarding price?

Looks pretty good so far, but if you are just playing lol or wow then it might be a little overkill.

So many people from Aushere , lots more than I thought. What kind of games would you be playing with this and what kind of situation are you in regarding price?

Looks pretty good so far, but if you are just playing lol or wow then it might be a little overkill.

Dw I'm not gonna play lol on this, I've got 1500 dollars and my birthday is in 3 or so months and I'm also starting my first job soon so I should be able to afford this very soon

(i haven't bought anything yet) I changed the power supply from a corsair CX750M to a CX600M because i think it was a bit overkill since i probably wont get 670s in sli and changed the graphics card from an EVGA 670 reference 2GB to a MSI 670 power edition 2GB for more performance

plz post any advice and thoughts about the changes

Sounds sick man! I built my first PC just after christmas with similar-ish specs. You're going to love it!

"If you have a dream don't wait. Act."

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

wow i keep changing my mind...

im going to change back to the cx750m which is fine but im not sure whether to get a galaxy GTX 680 GC 2GB or the msi GTX 670 power edition 2gb

please help

I would go H100 if your planning to do any major OC. Believe you can get an h100 for the same price as an h80i and you get double the radiator space for better cooling.

I would go H100 if your planning to do any major OC. Believe you can get an h100 for the same price as an h80i and you get double the radiator space for better cooling.
H100i for those better fans if you could afford it.

im gonna go with the galaxy 680 gc

Looks perfect. Post the pics on here when you're done

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Looks like a pretty awesome gaming PC to me! Only thing I would change with it is the GPU. Personally I would go for a 7970 because in my opinion there better at overclocking at you get that extra GB of VRam which will help in the future.