Jeremy Clarkson/Top Gear remembrance thread

Honestly, American TG is better than no TG, so really, we're not screwed.

I actually am OK with this. Although many people will throw virtual pitchforks at you so look out.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I actually am OK with this. Although many people will throw virtual pitchforks at you so look out.

I mean, we should at least be happy we have a Top Gear series now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ha-Ha, and the tooth fairy is just Barbara Streisand collecting teeth of little children to sell back to dentists on the black market which they then boil and eat with garlic bread to maintain precision in their hands.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

so basically your going with its okay for him to act like a dick because hes a big dick,

Exactly this, I'm as big a Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson fan as the next guy and a part of me will probably die if they with it but if he did something seriously wrong that doesn't mean he should get a free pass even though the show is nothing without him. 

People with fame or power shouldn't have the right to be excused for being an asshole.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

What do you mean by "sell of all his rights to the show"? 

clarkson and executive producer andy wilman own the majority of the merchandise rights

Its all about those volumetric clouds

to be honest getting in a fight with your producer because he didn't get get everything you wanted on a catering table is something most places would fire you for

He was already skating on thin ice, the 'punching a producer' thing was just the last straw

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

It's not the same, I've watched only a few random episodes on tv and it was nothing compared to the UK version.

RIP Top Gear :(

It's not the same, I've watched only a few random episodes on tv and it was nothing compared to the UK version.

RIP Top Gear :(

You should watch the newer ones; much better than older ones where the hosts had to get chemistry with each other. Tanner Foust was pretty much my favorite person on earth before TG and I'll still watch them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What do you mean by "sell of all his rights to the show"?

Clarkson and will an owned the rights to both top gear and top gear merchandise & live shows in their company bedder 6. I believe clarkson recently sold of the last of his shares in the company to the BBC.  

Can't even get into a little fistfight without someone getting fired these days. What's the world coming to? -_-

I like Clarkson, but more than Clarkson, I like all three of the Top Gear presenters together. It wouldn't be the same without all three.

It was a bit more than a fist fight. He assaulted the producer, then verbally abused him for nearly half an hour. the poor guy had to go to hospital because of what happened.

Personally I think it's hard to reinstate someone who has purposely landed someone in hospital, no matter how high profile they are. He deserved what he's done, and his failure to change his attitude has been his downfall.

Don't get me wrong, I think clarkson is an outstanding presenter, is a hilarious guy and was pretty nice when I met him, but he did deserve to be sacked. It's a shame that top gear will no longer be the same, especially as hammond and may will move to other things (at least let James Mays man lab continue to be made) but they're doing it for their friend, so I can understand.

The BBc have just shot themselves in the foot, and I don't think top gear will be able to be shown for at least 5-10 years, at least not in its current format, however if they do decide to bring it back the same, then they're going to need to get presenters who are all friendly and are happy to talk on stage like they're sat in a pub, much like clarkson hammond and may actually did.

My suggestions for new presenters would be Chris Harris, Alan Mcnish and Jenson Button (when he retires from F1) as I think they're the sort of people who are cheerful, conversational and Chris Harris isn't afraid of controversy, so there's still a bit of an edge to it, but it'll encourage a new type of viewer and may be more appealing to women as well, which seemed to be lacking. (Ferrari have only just forgiven Chris Harris for a couple of comments he made in the past)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim