New method of 3d printing

evilmatchbox

This new method of 3d printing is pretty cool as it pulls the object out from a pool of plastic.  Says its stronger because its solid plastic instead of layers, and its considerablly faster.  I just wonder how exactly the object sticks to the build platform since it's inverted.  Also, seems like it would have major size and weight issues as it stands right now. 

3d_printing_gif.0.gif 

Source: http://www.vox.com/2015/3/16/8227627/3d-printing-liquid-continuous

Ive watched WAN show for a long time but never posted on the forum. Hopefully im not messing up any guidelines. 

Welcome to the forum evilmatchbox. I really like the WAN show too, and I'm sure you'd like it here in the forums (just stay out of the graphicscards threads, they tend to get a little heated) ;)

Unfortunately this news has already been posted by me, so it will be locked, better luck next time :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/329734-new-liquid-3d-printing-technique/

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Sorry dude, before posting you should really search if the topic has been posted, next time just google like this: "new 3d printing site:linustechtips.com" it's your first post so I'm sure the community wont blaze you for it. :P

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Welcome to the forum evilmatchbox. I really like the WAN show too, and I'm sure you'd like it here in the forums (just stay out of the graphicscards threads, they tend to get a little heated) ;)

Unfortunately this news has already been posted by me, so it will be locked, better luck next time :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/329734-new-liquid-3d-printing-technique/

Hah get it...Heated....GPUs are hot.....?!?!?!!?!?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

FailFish... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Exactly. Just like the Nvidia 590 Fermi:

gtx590_thermal_imaging_load.jpg

(yeah that's boiling water temps right there)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Exactly. Just like the Nvidia 590 Fermi:

gtx590_thermal_imaging_load.jpg

(yeah that's boiling water temps right there)

I get 120 c on R9 290 RED MOD on my VRMs lol...it's K ima get some cooling for that

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

sorry, but sla and dlp resin 3d printers have been around for quite some time now. In fact the technology behind these originated in the late 1980's. nothing new here. The source just wanted a title that would get hits.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

sorry, but sla and dlp resin 3d printers have been around for quite some time now. In fact the technology behind these originated in the late 1980's. nothing new here. The source just wanted a title that would get hits.

Different method of resin based 3d printing.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552