Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Fan Replacement

namarino

Hey guys, I have the Hyper 212 Evo on my FX 8320. My idle temps generally hover around 34C, but that's in large part due to the fact that I have the CPU fan on silent mode because under load, that is the loudest freakin' fan I've ever heard...aside from my Sapphire R9 280's fan....Do you guys know of a good replacement that's relatively inexpensive and quiet under load? I have a corsair fan that came with my Carbide 200R, but it's optimized for airflow, not SP. Thanks a lot for your help!

The Corsair SP-120 fans are a good replacement for that cooler. There are some 4 pin PWM versions that are made for coolers.

Please make sure that you get the SP-120 not the AF-120 as the AF (Air Flow) -120's are made for case fans and the SP (Static Pressure)-120's are built to move air through a cooler, wether it be a water cooling radiator or a tower cooler such as the 212 EVO.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

The stock fan is fine performance wise, lowering your ambient temp would do more to help your temps than switching your fan will. A different fan only helps when the fan you have is crap.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

The stock fan is fine performance wise, lowering your ambient temp would do more to help your temps than switching your fan will. A different fan only helps when the fan you have is crap.

+1

Hyperborea: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004

The Corsair SP-120 fans are a good replacement for that cooler. There are some 4 pin PWM versions that are made for coolers.

Please make sure that you get the SP-120 not the AF-120 as the AF (Air Flow) -120's are made for case fans and the SP (Static Pressure)-120's are built to move air through a cooler, wether it be a water cooling radiator or a tower cooler such as the 212 EVO.

AF120's are more suitable than SP120' for the 212 Evo. The heatsink isn't dense enough to benefit more from the SP120's static pressure than the AF120's airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.