Can't sit next to computer without sweater.

AStateOfTrance

This is in no way a joke, but I cannot sit next to my computer without a sweater. My dad came downstairs to use it and within 15 minutes he was freezing and had to go back upstairs. I know many people make jokes about how their computer is their heater.........but fuck this is unbearable. 

This is in no way a joke, but I cannot sit next to my computer without a sweater. My dad came downstairs to use it and within 15 minutes he was freezing and had to go back upstairs. I know many people make jokes about how their computer is their heater.........but fuck this is unbearable. 

First world problem much...

inb4 "just add a AMD GPU to the system xDDD"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How many fans do you have in your system? Ever since I installed 2 extra fans I too have noticed that it is a lot colder.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

This really belongs in a status update instead of wasting peoples time with a thread.

You wasted your own time by opening the thread and making a post.

You wasted your own time by opening the thread and making a post.

By spending some of my time trying to educate people about pointless threads like this, hopefully in the long run it will stop many people wasting their time.

It's for the good of the people.

By spending some of my time trying to educate people about pointless threads like this, hopefully in the long run it will stop many people wasting their time.

People can make a choice to click on a thread on their own.

I am going to assume that you just have a freezing cold downstairs. If you think your computer runs so cool it causes the room to get cold then you need to learn a few things. Either way you being cold has nothing to do with your pc so I don't get the point of this post.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

If you use a pci extension cable you can position a r9 290 reference to blow it's hot air onto you.  You can also use it as a hair dryer or kitchen stove.

This really belongs in a status update instead of wasting peoples time with a thread.

Waste time by commenting on it> blame OP

Brilliant.

I have a 290 and it really heats up my room. Get a 290

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I think your house walls / windows need rebuilding entirely by the sound of it. Or your heating just needs to be turned on.

Linus is my fetish.

Tried that, doesn't work, don't bother, use your intelligence elsewhere because it doesn't work for things like this. Trust me on that.

First world problem much...

inb4 "just add a AMD GPU to the system xDDD"

That doesn't work really. My card runs at 30º idle so it doesn't heat enough.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

That doesn't work really. My card runs at 30º idle so it doesn't heat enough.

It was a joke 

Quite a few people actually think AMD cards run at like 120 degrees C or something..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/