Are Corsair AF fans good for exhaust?

Bananamancer

I have 2 140mm as intake for my S340 right now but I'm planning to upgrade to a Kraken x61 soon so I'm planning to use the spare AF fans as exhaust on top on my case.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

yep they're fine. basically any AF fan is good for exhaust. SP fans are designed for pushing air through an obstacle. The AF fans most cases come with are better repurposed for exhaust.

AF? Yes

Corsair? No

But if it is a spare, yes it will be fine.

I would recommend an SP for top of case though.

What's wrong with Corsair's AF fans? Ok.. so now im confused with what is said above you.

yep they're fine. basically any AF fan is good for exhaust. SP fans are designed for pushing air through an obstacle. The AF fans most cases come with are better repurposed for exhaust.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

AF shoot a straight line while SP are more spread out air.

So any comments on Corsair's AF fans? 

What's wrong with Corsair's AF fans? Ok.. so now im confused with what is said above you.

AF shoot a straight line while SP are more spread out air.

AF fan's move air. Sp fan's tend to have tighter grouped fan blades so that they have a greater resistance to backpressure generated by obstacles impeding the airflow.

As for corsair. They're not the best fans in the world, but they're not the worst either. If you've got them already use them, and repurpose them as you will (remember to keep positive air pressure with filtered intakes if you can)

I've used Corsair AF 140 fans on my Kraken x60 radiator for a while. I switched to Noctua's A14FLX fans. The only thing I noticed was noise reduction. Temperatures are the same.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

AF fan's move air. Sp fan's tend to have tighter grouped fan blades so that they have a greater resistance to backpressure generated by obstacles impeding the airflow.

As for corsair. They're not the best fans in the world, but they're not the worst either. If you've got them already use them, and repurpose them as you will (remember to keep positive air pressure with filtered intakes if you can)

Would it be ok also if I just set my top fan as intake and just have 1 exhaust fan at the rear of my case?

I've used Corsair AF 140 fans on my Kraken x60 radiator for a while. I switched to Noctua's A14FLX fans. The only thing I noticed was noise reduction. Temperatures are the same.

Really? I haven't had any experience with any AIO's but I really didn't think AF fans are good for rads.

Would it be ok also if I just set my top fan as intake and just have 1 exhaust fan at the rear of my case?

sure. Most computer cases don't have filtered intakes anyway. Pulling air in through filters just simplifies maintenance.