Whatchu think of this crazy motherboard?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97deluxenfcwlc

So Im looking at ATX Mobos for a new Gaming and 3D rendering/modeling/editing desktop to build and i came across this lovely little thing. Im really curious about it and i really wanna know if anyone has one. Mostly what im shocked about is the built in:

-Bluetooth

-WLC [WireLessCharging] [i assume with a pad in the box or a 3rd party thingy]

-NFC [Near Field Communications] [i assume handled the same as the WLC]

-M.2 SATA support

I mean this board just seems to be the ultimate swiss army knife of WS Motherboards

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

For that price you could get one of those fancy DDR4 motherboards. And I highly doubt you would ever need any of those features.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

Err that? You should check the ASRock X99 Extreme 11, it's more expensive than the i7 5930K, literally

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97deluxenfcwlc

So Im looking at ATX Mobos for a new Gaming and 3D rendering/modeling/editing desktop to build and i came across this lovely little thing. Im really curious about it and i really wanna know if anyone has one. Mostly what im shocked about is the built in:

-Bluetooth

-WLC [WireLessCharging] [i assume with a pad in the box or a 3rd party thingy]

-NFC [Near Field Communications] [i assume handled the same as the WLC]

-M.2 SATA support

I mean this board just seems to be the ultimate swiss army knife of WS Motherboards

I have the Z-97Pro version which is a slightly cutback version that has a few less features like the dual ethernet and WLC/NFC pads and no included Thunderbolt card. One of the things I found out with a board like this is you cannot make use of the thunderbolt, M.2 and sata express all at once since there aren't enough PCI-E lanes to accommodate all the bandwidth.

I have the Z-97Pro version which is a slightly cutback version that has a few less features like the dual ethernet and WLC/NFC pads and no included Thunderbolt card. One of the things I found out with a board like this is you cannot make use of the thunderbolt, M.2 and sata express all at once since there aren't enough PCI-E lanes to accommodate all the bandwidth.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt? Seriously? well fuck thats dumb :.[

well I mean id probably never use Thunderbolt

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt? Seriously? well fuck thats dumb :.[

well I mean id probably never use Thunderbolt

Yeah it's more intended for versatility where you can have the options to do so if you need those type of connections since it's a limitation of the Z97 platform, but if you want something to be the best of the best it's better to go into the x99 platform where it will let you add basically everything if that's your goal.

Overbuilt Over equipped and Overpriced, exactly what I expect from Asus.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Overbuilt Over equipped and Overpriced, exactly what I expect from Asus.

You can never be Over-equipped :D

Project Hephaestus

You can never be Over-equipped :D

Bringing 4-way titan sli to a Doom LAN party.

Those features look like things that would or might be useful on a laptop but that would be stupid on a desktop

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

IMO, the only high-end motherboards from ASUS worth buying are Extreme edition WS boards, and the Sabertooth/ Gryphon line of boards for all platforms.

Not so much the X99-WS, because this generation it only has 3 years of warranty, but hopefully they fix that for the next gen.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

NFC is a neat feature but, kind of a gimmick.

My Samsung printer has NFC support...but I have to be at the printer to trigger it (touch it with my smartphone)...what's the point.

Wireless charging only works IF your device has the ability built-in -- built into the battery or a special module.

The ThunderBolt PCI-E add-on card marks the price up by quite a bit.

IMO, choose another board and use the extra money on more RAM or an SSD.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

just in case people are curious, i was only half thinking of getting this lol, i was more shocked about the number of features it could do that i havent seen on a motherboard yet. I decided to go with an MSI X99S Gaming 7

Project Hephaestus

You can buy them as separate parts.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list