Top Gear's Richard Hammond and James May REFUSED to film without Jeremy Clarkson

Frankie
Top Gear could have continued while Jeremy Clarkson was suspended – but James May and Richard Hammond refused to do the show without him.

But the source said: “They didn’t want to do it without Jeremy so the talks didn’t get off the ground.

"There is a feeling that it is all of them or none of them.”

Top-Gear.jpg

I hope this is not a re-post I checked before posting.

Well this is an interesting news. I am curious how BBC gonna deal with this because Top Gear is a BIG name and it's not like any of the hosts couldn't find a job if they quit. I have a strong feeling they rather let it slide and show will go on.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

i have been waiting for new seasons on netflix, now this. i don't keep up with it so i don't spoil the season, is he gone for good?

And they are right to do so. I understand, they are a trio that are not complete without each other. It would never be the same or equally good without any member, let alone the lead member. :)

No Jeremy Clarkson, no viewership from me and my family. Kiss my ass you attention seeking producer, take your roasting like normal people.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

i have been waiting for new seasons on netflix, now this. i don't keep up with it so i don't spoil the season, is he gone for good?

Nobody's completely sure at the moment.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

post-621-0-66870600-1426785218.jpg

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well from a number of things I've heard, including reports from the people that owned the restaurant where Clarkson "punched" this producer and were there. There was apparently a number of them giving this guy a bit of friendly abuse, such as joking about him being Irish etc. So had nothing to do with food at all. Clarkson apparently punched the producer in a non aggressive way i.e. like when giving someone digs. Also, it was Clarkson himself who went to the higher ups in the BBC, not the producer whos lawyers have said they're "waiting for the results of the investigation."

Top Gear will return in my opinion, I feel that the events that actually occured and what everyone else has heard has been grossly misinterpreted.

Also, Hammind and May may get pissed off with Clarkson occasionally, but they are all good friends off set and won't go behind eachothers backs. You just need to read their books, such as when Clarkson and May both mention about going out to the pub together quite often.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

<-----

This guy called it.

Hold strong boys!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

And they are right to do so. I understand, they are a trio that are not complete without each other. It would never be the same or equally good without any member, let alone the lead member. :)

Exactly. :)

Well from a number of things I've heard, including reports from the people that owned the restaurant where Clarkson "punched" this producer and were there. There was apparently a number of them giving this guy a bit of friendly abuse, such as joking about him being Irish etc. So had nothing to do with food at all. Clarkson apparently punched the producer in a non aggressive way i.e. like when giving someone digs. Also, it was Clarkson himself who went to the higher ups in the BBC, not the producer whos lawyers have said they're "waiting for the results of the investigation."

Top Gear will return in my opinion, I feel that the events that actually occured and what everyone else has heard has been grossly misinterpreted.

Also, Hammind and May may get pissed off with Clarkson occasionally, but they are all good friends off set and won't go behind eachothers backs. You just need to read their books, such as when Clarkson and May both mention about going out to the pub together quite often.

I thought it was probably blown out of proportion. You never know with media and I never believe something just because somebody said so, there is usually more to the story.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

All I have to say is: "Good for him"

^THIS.

That's why American top gear sucks, the hosts have no believable chemistry, and everything they do seems completely forced.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Good! Not leaving Jezza out of Top Gear. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

^THIS.

That's why American top gear sucks, the hosts have no believable chemistry, and everything they do seems completely forced.

Let's be honest, Top Gear is just three ageing middle aged friends talking about their hobby, but just so happen to get paid for it. Yes parts are scripted, but only at key points in the studio, most of it is ad-lib *cough* Mexico *cough* which is what makes it work so well. Top Gear USA looks like it's entirely scripted and the only funny part I've ever seen is when one of them snapped an old sedans chassis in half taking it off road.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Let's be honest, Top Gear is just three ageing middle aged friends talking about their hobby, but just so happen to get paid for it. Yes parts are scripted, but only at key points in the studio, most of it is ad-lib *cough* Mexico *cough* which is what makes it work so well. Top Gear USA looks like it's entirely scripted and the only funny part I've ever seen is when one of them snapped an old sedans chassis in half taking it off road.

Exactly. Most of the BBC Top Gear is organic and natural, whereas the American version is just.....ugh. Not sure about AUS Top Gear, never seen it, but I've liked their interactions with the original trio whenever they visited.

Specifically when Clarkson sent a prison transport to pick them up at the airport, and the fat one mentions something about stopping up the toilet, when there was no toilet.

Exactly. Most of the BBC Top Gear is organic and natural, whereas the American version is just.....ugh. Not sure about AUS Top Gear, never seen it, but I've liked their interactions with the original trio whenever they visited.

Specifically when Clarkson sent a prison transport to pick them up at the airport, and the fat one mentions something about stopping up the toilet, when there was no toilet.

We just need a crossover with Russian Top Gear, then they can make Putin & Ukraine jokes and see how they react.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

We just need a crossover with Russian Top Gear, then they can make Putin & Ukraine jokes and see how they react.

There's a russian top gear?

That crossover would be epic, it would be all cold war jokes.

There's a russian top gear?

That crossover would be epic, it would be all cold war jokes.

That would be a trainwreck of a episode. I can imagine all of the inappropriate Russia jokes from Jeremy :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

That would be a trainwreck of a episode. I can imagine all of the inappropriate Russia jokes from Jeremy :D

Oh the russians can take it, they are a strong, hardy, vodka swilling, beet loving people.

The only TV show I watch had to go off air...oh Jeremy...

g1379950251108831651.jpg  ohhh who am i kidding Unknown-8.jpeg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

The BBC have to be really careful,

Topgear is a really popular show, last last last sunday they had a viewership of 2.3 million people, IN THE UK ALONE

i'm glad. 

The BBC have to be really careful,
Topgear is a really popular show, last last last sunday they had a viewership of 2.3 million people, IN THE UK ALONE
350 mil people worldwide. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016