Hi, before I actually ask for your help, lemme give you some back story on the issue:

For the past few month I've been trying to make a move on my local church for them to help me build them a pc for their "service presentations" at the time being, we only just use Powerpoint presentations and Windows media for an occasional video on my own laptop over VGA. its not bad.... tho its not the best. After some time talking with the Pastor and the committee, they gave me a thumbs up if its something not really that expensive (even tho they've used $1-3G's in audio equipment in the past)

so I've come along with two possible setups for them for the next 5 to even more years since its not really gonna be used for other things other than mild web browsing and some multitasking stuff.

the two I have on mind are this:
$500-600 ish setup:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Drummerforlife/saved/#view=Ddwp99

and this

$450-500 setup

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Drummerforlife/saved/#view=B6jhP6

now here's the ideal of what I wanted to run. 

obviously on one side I have a proyector, which I'll try to run at 720p or 1080p, whichever is most soothing. and the main monitor which I dont have a goal (nothing above 1080 tbh).

I can't think of nothing else at the moment so I'll leave it at that and maybe edit sometime in the future. all tips, suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

-snip-

Any reasons you are going with a dedicated GPU and a 550W PSU?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would go with the bottom one

but i would look for something that isn't so big like an matx or itx motherboard and case 

AMD FX CPU's don't have iGPU, but he does have a R7 240 in the system.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Out of interest, what type of church do you go to? :)

@Drummerforlife

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

AMD FX CPU's don't have iGPU, but he does have a R7 240 in the system.

ya i seen that and edited it out 

Any reasons you are going with a dedicated GPU and a 550W PSU?

sorta did this the other day at 1am so blame my lack of sleep on that

but i would look for something that isn't so big like an matx or itx motherboard and case 

hmm... I see what you mean.

sorta did this the other day at 1am so blame my lack of sleep on that

Just some general suggestions (as the systems are decent):

- go for an Intel or AMD CPU with iGPU and drop the GPU

- I'm liking the 8GB RAM, please do keep it.

- Go for the Corsair 430W PSU or look at the EVGA 430W PSU.

- Any reasons why you are going for 2 HDD? Do you need the space or something?

- with the money you saved with dropping the GPU, get a 256GB SSD. Look at the 840/80 EVO or MX100.

Hi, before I actually ask for your help, lemme give you some back story on the issue:

For the past few month I've been trying to make a move on my local church for them to help me build them a pc for their "service presentations" at the time being, we only just use Powerpoint presentations and Windows media for an occasional video on my own laptop over VGA. its not bad.... tho its not the best. After some time talking with the Pastor and the committee, they gave me a thumbs up if its something not really that expensive (even tho they've used $1-3G's in audio equipment in the past)

so I've come along with two possible setups for them for the next 5 to even more years since its not really gonna be used for other things other than mild web browsing and some multitasking stuff.

the two I have on mind are this:

$500-600 ish setup:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Drummerforlife/saved/#view=Ddwp99

and this

$450-500 setup

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Drummerforlife/saved/#view=B6jhP6

now here's the ideal of what I wanted to run. 

obviously on one side I have a proyector, which I'll try to run at 720p or 1080p, whichever is most soothing. and the main monitor which I dont have a goal (nothing above 1080 tbh).

I can't think of nothing else at the moment so I'll leave it at that and maybe edit sometime in the future. all tips, suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

I would say 4GB RAM, an AMD A8 and like, I dunno, and like a 240GB SSD of some sort? Should be plenty for the entire thing.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Pentecostal.

Central church of Levittown,Toa Baja, PR

Ah right, nice. I was bought up as a Baptist Christian myself. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Just some general suggestions (as the systems are decent):

- go for an Intel or AMD CPU with iGPU and drop the GPU

- I'm liking the 8GB RAM, please do keep it.

- Go for the Corsair 430W PSU or look at the EVGA 430W PSU.

- Any reasons why you are going for 2 HDD? Do you need the space or something?

- with the money you saved with dropping the GPU, get a 256GB SSD. Look at the 840/80 EVO or MX100.

may I ask? what's iGPU? never heard of it before....

as of why 2 1TB HDD, cause one will be dedicated to service audio recording from the sound system and the other for OS and general stuff. may just add an SSD for OS and leave the other 2 HDD there for storage. basically I'm the only one there who can tell you what is on the inside of a pc instead of an angel doing wonders inside a box

not bad... will take into consideration, tho in the place where the pc will be placed, it will be out of sight and touch of basically evrey member except those assigned to it

also the floor is carpeted. 

may I ask? what's iGPU? never heard of it before....

as of why 2 1TB HDD, cause one will be dedicated to service audio recording from the sound system and the other for OS and general stuff. may just add an SSD for OS and leave the other 2 HDD there for storage. basically I'm the only one there who can tell you what is on the inside of a pc instead of an angel doing wonders inside a box

iGPU is basically when you have no dedicated GPU, but just rely on a CPU for video.

Also know as an APU sometimes.

You don't want that for gaming, but there's nothing wrong with it for general use.

I think a SSD is a good idea, since it will keep it all fast. (You can go for a 128GB if you only want to install Windows on it)

An I3, some B85 board, 2 * 4GB ram sticks, crucial MX100 240GB or 850 Evo 240GB, and 430w psu. On phone so can't use PC part picker well. Most of the money needs to go into a good projector. If it looks like crap non techies will think it runs like crap. Some good speakers so everyone can hear, and one of those powerpoint pointers with a mouse knob to control it.

iGPU is basically when you have no dedicated GPU, but just rely on a CPU for video.

Also know as an APU sometimes.

You don't want that for gaming, but there's nothing wrong with it for general use.

I think a SSD is a good idea, since it will keep it all fast. (You can go for a 128GB if you only want to install Windows on it)

not bad. tho I want it as stated in  OP, to last the church even after I may leave or even need an upgrade (with the exception of the HDD when they fill up) and since I'll be having more than one monitor running, I just want to be sure and some extra horse power does come handy here and there. 

who knows maybe in some future they want to produce minor video editing or something

An I3, some B85 board, 2 * 4GB ram sticks, crucial MX100 240GB or 850 Evo 240GB, and 430w psu. On phone so can't use PC part picker well. Most of the money needs to go into a good projector. If it looks like crap non techies will think it runs like crap. Some good speakers so everyone can hear, and one of those powerpoint pointers with a mouse knob to control it.

projector is already existing as for audio, we have the church sound system (which will be in the same room as the pc) that we can connect to via headphone jack or any other audio connection

Intel graphics can do multi monitor. Running a desktop is extremely easy. They are on par with the X30s (ie geforce 730, R5 230).

Intel graphics can do multi monitor. Running a desktop is extremely easy. They are on par with the X30s (ie geforce 730, R5 230).

hmm... will think about it