XBox Music + OneDrive comes together for FREE storage of your music.

GoodBytes

Microsoft announces that XBox Music has now OneDrive integrated allowing you to upload any of your music on your OneDrive, and it will be accessible via XBox Music app on your phone and PCs. No subscription required! All free!

post-1241-0-21684600-1426707010_thumb.pn

Apple charges $24.99 U.S for this service, so this is a big move for Microsoft.

If you have XBox Music subscription, Microsoft gives you an addition 100GB of storage to your OneDrive :)

Users can now simply open their OneDrive web folder or app, upload the music file from their hard drive and listen to it through the Xbox Music app whenever they want. An Xbox music pass subscription is not required, the process is completely free. People who already have the pass will get 100 GB free of OneDrive storage.

Currently the following music format are supported:

• MP3
  • M4A (AAC)
  • WMA

While Microsoft provided no information on this yet, we know that Windows 10 XBox Music App (and Windows Media Player) supports FLAC files, it is most likely that FLAC support will come as well. You can currently add up to 50,000 songs to your collection.

For more information and source: https://music.xbox.com/Onedrive

Source 2: http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-music-integrates-with-onedrive-to-allow-free-storage-of-music

Can't you upload 20k songs onto google play music for free? Does one drive have a limit? ( i guess it's as large as the amount of one drive space you've got). EDIT: I'm blind...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

*cough* Google Play Music *cough*

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

100GB not enough for the unnecessary high quality tracks. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Google Play Music allows 50k songs now. I use it as my primary source for music on my phone and tablet, but the problem with GPM is it corrupts some of the stuff that's uploaded. I've tried deleting my entire music library three times and uploaded it in one setting and still get loads of "Unknown Album" and mixed albums if two albums have the same name, despite being by two different artists / bands.

If Microsoft can fix that and still keep all of my music backed up there, with its entire structure in order (important), I'm dumping GPM for good.

I've been getting a lot of Unknown Artists + albums + track name on just streaming music through their service. Quite annoying..

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

*cough* Google Play Music *cough*

*Cough* Windows phone *cough*

For those of us currently using WP8.1 this is a nice and handy bit of news, although the fact I should be getting a new android this week kind of means there's no need for me to sort it out.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

*Cough* Windows phone *cough*

For those of us currently using WP8.1 this is a nice and handy bit of news, although the fact I should be getting a new android this week kind of means there's no need for me to sort it out.

There is no play music on Windows Phone? I did not know that, in that case, this would be really useful.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

@GoodBytes Woah that is an excellent feature! Well done Microsoft! They're catching up to Google in a lot of ways, and have surpassed Apple in this regard.

I will start doing this tonight. I have 27.4 GB available in my OneDrive account at the moment. Enough for pretty much everything I have at the moment. I wouldn't be listening to FLAC or any other lossless content on my phone anyway.

Now if only I had more than 1GB of Mobile Data...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

There is no play music on Windows Phone? I did not know that, in that case, this would be really useful.

nope. Google basically got pissed off with microsoft all over the youtube app (google wanted it in HTML5 so that adverts would be shown, MS said they couldn't do it due to "incompatabilities" I believe. There's articles on it somewhere on the web if you want to check up on it.) and since then have failed to develop anything meaningful for WP. Pretty petty if you ask me, but I'm hoping WP10 will sort things like that all out.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

nope. Google basically got pissed off with microsoft all over the youtube app (google wanted it in HTML5 so that adverts would be shown, MS said they couldn't do it due to "incompatabilities" I believe. There's articles on it somewhere on the web if you want to check up on it.) and since then have failed to develop anything meaningful for WP. Pretty petty if you ask me, but I'm hoping WP10 will sort things like that all out.

AFAIK the reason behind it is that Microsoft's app actually broke the rules around YouTube apps. It wouldn't play ads and it offered a download button, both of which have are against the terms of agreement. Google revoked MS's access, and haven't built anything since.

Honestly, I don't blame Google. If Microsoft doesn't want to play by your rules to use your service, then they pay the price.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Finally... this was wanted for a long time.

AFAIK the reason behind it is that Microsoft's app actually broke the rules around YouTube apps. It wouldn't play ads and it offered a download button, both of which have are against the terms of agreement. Google revoked MS's access, and haven't built anything since.
Honestly, I don't blame Google. If Microsoft doesn't want to play by your rules to use your service, then they pay the price.

This was right the first time. They fixed everything and Google went back with "not html5" (aka we really do not want to see your platform alive) which was in itself a really bad reason.

Although it is kinda ironic since WP8.1 has a better YouTube experience than my Nexus 5 with 3rd parties app like myTube.

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro