Other hobbies?

Jerakl

So, as we are probably all aware. I'm into tech. Now that we've gotten past that, let's get onto the actual topic.

So I spend most of my money/time on tech and game stuff. It would be nice to have an actual hobby that my parents don't consider "useless" and "a waste of time".

So far I have on the list of things to consider:

-Arduino programming n stuff ( I want to do electrical engineering some day so why not )

-Firearms

-Building a coil gun

-Warhammer 40K

Any suggestions?

I'm pretty open to stuff as long as it isn't SUUUUPER expensive to get into. And no music related things please. Not a fan of playing musical instruments.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I play in a band. My guitar rig is fairly conservative in price, which bundled new would be about $1400 total if I had to guess.

Parkour is a thing, actually. I'm doing some of that stuff this summer in my local parks so I can keep in shape. You don't really need anything to get started on that.

I still think instruments are something everyone should at least attempt.

Urban mountain biking. I do it around my neighborhood and it is such a good hobby. Picked up a (rather nice) downhill bike off craigslist for $650 (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/1669709_272794379554920_1561604849_o.jpg)

Usually I just ride berms, go down stair cases, and jump off anything I can find. Takes a bit of getting used to, and practice/training, but the balance, strength, and agility you gain is unbelievable.

Programming is also a really good hobby if you're interested.

I play in a band. My guitar rig is fairly conservative in price, which bundled new would be about $1400 total if I had to guess.

pls

"no music related things please. Not a fan of playing musical instruments."

I really like driving, and driving fast, on country roads, with friends

Basically street racing, which is illegal, so don't street race, unless you know the area and know where cops hide, also have a plan for somewhere to run to... Basically, don't do it unless you have it planned out

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So, as we are probably all aware. I'm into tech. Now that we've gotten past that, let's get onto the actual topic.

So I spend most of my money/time on tech and game stuff. It would be nice to have an actual hobby that my parents don't consider "useless" and "a waste of time".

So far I have on the list of things to consider:

-Arduino programming n stuff ( I want to do electrical engineering some day so why not )

-Firearms

-Building a coil gun

-Warhammer 40K

Any suggestions?

I'm pretty open to stuff as long as it isn't SUUUUPER expensive to get into. And no music related things please. Not a fan of playing musical instruments.

sleeping its pretty cheap.

askdjfasdf

pls

"no music related things please. Not a fan of playing musical instruments."

pls

I'm too late and I skimmed over the post. Missed the important details.

Collect system case stickers

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

Urban mountain biking. I do it around my neighborhood and it is such a good hobby. Picked up a (rather nice) downhill bike off craigslist for $650 (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/1669709_272794379554920_1561604849_o.jpg)

Usually I just ride berms, go down stair cases, and jump off anything I can find. Takes a bit of getting used to, and practice/training, but the balance, strength, and agility you gain is unbelievable.

Programming is also a really good hobby if you're interested.

Mmm, I do downhill mountain biking sometimes during the summer. Is fun. I live in a super flat town though, not much to bike down.

I really like driving, and driving fast, on country roads, with friends

Basically street racing, which is illegal, so don't street race, unless you know the area and know where cops hide, also have a plan for somewhere to run to... Basically, don't do it unless you have it planned out

I would need my learners license first.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

card games?

Already played Magic/Pokemon. Didn't find them too interesting.

Gunpla.

I kind of have likened building Gunpla to PC Bulilding. The more you add to your PC, the better it becomes, just like in Gunpla.

R/C vehicles (planes, cars, helicopters, etc)

Airsoft (I know you hate it, I just wanted to tease you)

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Gunpla.

I kind of have likened building Gunpla to PC Bulilding. The more you add to your PC, the better it becomes, just like in Gunpla.

That was on the list. Couldn't remember what they were called though.

R/C vehicles (planes, cars, helicopters, etc)

Airsoft (I know you hate it, I just wanted to tease you)

Damnit.

R/C stuff is hella expensive though.

Parkour is a thing, actually. I'm doing some of that stuff this summer in my local parks so I can keep in shape. You don't really need anything to get started on that.

I still think instruments are something everyone should at least attempt.

^This. It's cheap and useful. Okay, the usefulness can depend on how much are there obstacles in the town you are living in (like my home village is really flat and has no obstacles, suits well for marathoners but not for traceurs), but it can still be useful. And if you aren't doing much sports otherwise, it could make you do physical training and possibly make you more fit.

Other useful hobbies can include programming or even learning actual foreign languages (whatever you are interested in / whatever you can find yourself maybe even using). Content creation would also be something to possibly consider (video editing, modeling, animating etc.) Some free programs like Blender might not be the easiest ones to use, but if you are interested, you can give it a try.

And of course, there is sleeping...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

In winter I don't have any hobbies... But in summer I like to swim and dive. I would like to go mountain biking, but I don't have a bike since years.  (Its characteristic in my country to have a bike)

I also like to edit videos, or to film things wich I do sometimes.

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Arduinos are pretty cool, my boss makes some very interesting things with them. We also build RC things at work.

I personally do overclocking as a hobby, sad as it may seem. There's actually an overclocking esport site now :P

My hobby other than building computers is looking for pictures of and drawing fox lolis. Fox lolis are just so.... KYUUUUUUUUTE! >.< I need to find a way of... of breeding or engineering one! Not in a weird way, you understand, I just want someone cuddly to take care of! (who isn't a pet.)

post-77647-0-83800600-1426666660_thumb.j

Other than that, I like to build computers, build computers... and build computers.

I could never afford hobbies, even when I was little(I just got lucky with PC gaming)... and because of that my interests have been gathered from just reading and gaining as much knowledge as I can. Reading a bunch of things about the world and universe is fascinating, and without the internet I don't know where I would be.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Airsoft, collecting AND playing

Motorbikes and Cars - hopefully will get a track car this year maybe

Photography and Videography - where the money I dont spend on computers goes :P

Youtube creation (well - I have just begun this journey)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Motorbikes and Cars - hopefully will get a track car this year maybe

Photography and Videography - where the money I dont spend on computers goes :P

Youtube creation (well - I have just begun this journey)

Random question just came in my mind: how possible it would be to get money from freelance photography / videography? I'm talking like just pocket money, not making a living off of it (because one would have to be pretty damn lucky to do so). I suppose it would be not quite possible for a random person who has no degrees related to photography / videography.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

pls, you are making me jealous

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Random question just came in my mind: how possible it would be to get money from freelance photography / videography? I'm talking like just pocket money, not making a living off of it (because one would have to be pretty damn lucky to do so). I suppose it would be not quite possible for a random person who has no degrees related to photography / videography.

Club photography, weddings, headshots,  etc put up a portfolio, advertise on facebook

pls, you are making me jealous

I used to have 3 systema PTWs ;P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii