Recieved my Asus ROG Swift today! OH.... MY... FREAKING.... GOD!

Critizin

its beautiful.... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful... ive never set my eyes on 1440p or 4k monitor before... everything is just soooo clear....  ive spent the last hour or two just looking at 1440p images and choosing wallpapers...  i havent even tested a game yet...

I dont think i could ever use a 1080p monitor again.     cant wait to see what g-sync and 144hz make games feel like!!!  havent set my eyes on those either so this is a first!!

900$+ well spent already.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

Do you even G-sync

Welcome to the 1440p masterrace! :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

And i got a perfect panel! i was worried because of all the complaints i was hearing about people having dark spots and dead pixels and blacklight bleed..  i have zero dead pixels, zero dark spots and zero blacklight bleed

:D

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

*stuck with a 13inch screen*

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

If you play CS:GO, play for an hour with 144hz on. Then try a round with the 60hz mode enabled.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

meanwhile i went with quantity , not quality... 32" 720p tv for a monitor ... bad idea , many regrets were made that day 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

its beautiful.... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful... ive never set my eyes on 1440p or 4k monitor before... everything is just soooo clear....  ive spent the last hour or two just looking at 1440p images and choosing wallpapers...  i havent even tested a game yet...

I dont think i could ever use a 1080p monitor again.     cant wait to see what g-sync and 144hz make games feel like!!!  havent set my eyes on those either so this is a first!!

Congrats! I've had mine for three weeks and I definitely won't be able to go back to 1080p at 60Hz.

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

oh god. i hooked up my previous monitor next to it because i like two displays.........  i cant i just cant the color difference is horrible i dont know how i ever used the previous monitor i had.. guess im going single monitor until i get another asus rog lol

That's for me the best monitor display on TN class, lucky you  ;)

Share some pics!!

That's for me the best monitor display on TN class, lucky you  ;)

Share some pics!!

ErG2pl0.jpg

iNdv1Qy.jpg

I've been holding back on buying one because of the Acer IPS panels coming out...also saving cash :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

How are is the TN panel Ive never had one just wondering b/c I'm thinking about getting one.

Do you even G-sync?

Sure, I'll just tune my guitar. :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

ha I keep watching the 4k videos they show in shops on my 4k monitor and it still blows me away the level of detail.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

To the OP

Congrats on the new monitor, it looks great! Can I ask what made you go with the ROG Swift? Right now Im at a bit of a cross roads. Ive been wanting to upgrade from my 1080 to 1440, but now im not sure if I should go "future proof" and go 4K. Any advice on the matter would be grateful.

You can't really say that when you don't have a reference point. At that price point you could buy a Philips 4K 40" VA panel, or roughly 3 high-quality QHD IPS panels with much better IQ.

You should try to figure out that kind of motion blur reduction you can use, doesn't work with G-sync though. I personally saw the 27" size on my U2713HM a hindrance when playing "competitive" games, so I got 144 (120Hz with motion blur redution) 1080p 24" monitor for those purposes.

I'm currently using an eight year old TN panel Samsung SM 226BW and I've just ordered a nice and shiny 4K 40'' monitor that should be here either the verly last days of March or the firdt days of April, but I'd recommed  to go with 4K if you have the hardware for it.

What's the name of the game in the second picture?

Battlefield Hardline

How are is the TN panel Ive never had one just wondering b/c I'm thinking about getting one.

I dont see what the big fuss about viewing angles are.. ur looking directly at the screen all the time.. why would you sit off to the side? also the colors are amazing on this 8bit TN panel

To the OP

Congrats on the new monitor, it looks great! Can I ask what made you go with the ROG Swift? Right now Im at a bit of a cross roads. Ive been wanting to upgrade from my 1080 to 1440, but now im not sure if I should go "future proof" and go 4K. Any advice on the matter would be grateful.

I chose the ROG swift because 1, i love the republic of gamers line of anything. its built with the sole purpose of gaming in mind and nothing else.

it looks amazing and the build quality is next to none.

And i got a perfect panel! i was worried because of all the complaints i was hearing about people having dark spots and dead pixels and blacklight bleed..  i have zero dead pixels, zero dark spots and zero blacklight bleed

Ive had mine for a few weeks now and loving. I also got a perfect panel. It s pretty bad ass monitor.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Congrats! I received a perfect panel as well and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Swift. 

I think with any product the people that are writing the bad reviews and starting threads are oftentimes the ones who are having problems even though they may only comprise a small portion of owners.

Nice dude.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/