CPU Overheating because motherboard?

Hi guys,

this is my first post here.

Recently i have started seeing high temperature on my CPU i7 3820. I have changed thermal paste several times and tried with a different cooler and the temperature were the same. Yesterday i have bought a new one i7 4930k, and the temperature were the same again.

I use ASUS P9X79 motherboard, BIOS 4701.

Can the motherboard be the problem of my CPU heating?

And how can i check does my motherboard shows the right temperature?

CPU cooler: Cooler master hyper T4.

CPU: i7 4930k

RAM: Kingston HyperX beast 2133

No the mobo does not really affect the temps. How much thermal compond are you putting on?

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

It can't be the motherboard I suspect, maybe try getting a new cpu cooler and see if there is a difference?

remember to only put small amount of thermal paste, a grain of rice size. less is more.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Also, what are your temps?

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Thank you for fast reply.

When i was changing the termal paste i watched the youtube tutorial for it and everybody was talking of grain of rice size, so i used that method.

When i saw the high temperature for the fitst time it was in winter, so the ambiant temperature were not a problem.

Temperature on ASUS AI suite 2 softwere is 80 and the WARNING sign apearse, On realtemp and speccy are 90-99

Also idle temperature are around 25-30℃

Also idle temperature are around 25-30℃

What is your voltage on the CPU? <- need to know this before anything else.

Although, I will say that the Hyper T4 is going to have a hell of a time keeping the X79/X99 chips cool beyond idle.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I'm using CPU-z for specs. Core voltage is 1.2V on load.. All settings in BIOS are default, except RAM settings. I used X.M.P settings.

I'm using CPU-z for specs. Core voltage is 1.2V on load.. All settings in BIOS are default, except RAM settings. I used X.M.P settings.

If you're certain the core voltage is only 1.2v under load then it would have to be the mount or the cooler itself.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |