Soooo uhhh. I don't think psu cables are supposed to look like this...

alby800

@alby800

Looks like something cut the wires... check for teeth marks... might be some rodent...

Have you experienced any power failures?

no power failures, and I can't check for teeth marks yet, got to go to dinner

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

no power failures, and I can't check for teeth marks yet, got to go to dinner

Is that the 24pin connector? The cut wires might (luckily) be the ground wires which explains the lack of power failures...

Judging by the photos, it looks like someone tried to cut the cables with a knife instead of a wire cutter, usually when it's a rodent there will be more plastic/insulation eating then just straight out cutting of wires.

@alby800

Looks like something cut the wires... check for teeth marks... might be some rodent...

I dont think a rodent capable of chewing trough COPPER cables, can fit trough any of the case vents.

Assuming the case is normally closed down.

In the end it could be that your cables were composed of a seriously BAD batch of copper that was very breakable/ (brital?)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Somebody cut it for sure. Look at those black and red wires. Those are cut in few places because that someone tried to cut all of them in one try. 

There is no PC fan that could cut it. Animal does not make clean cut like that. 

@alby800

my bad, there have been power failures. Normally after I come back from something eg takinf a dump or dinner.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

Acj3UgK.jpg

Judging by the photos, it looks like someone tried to cut the cables with a knife instead of a wire cutter, usually when it's a rodent there will be more plastic/insulation eating then just straight out cutting of wires.

I highly doubt anyone would have cut it.

Jy brother knows I would kill him

my sister and I are awesome

my parents would only do it to stop me from spending time/money on my pc, and they know that I would just get a new psu and I am getting a laptop tomorrow or Thursday so it wouldnt do anyrhibg anyway

and the only other people that have been in my room would never harm my pc

Somebody cut it for sure. Look at those black and red wires. Those are cut in few places because that someone tried to cut all of them in one try.

There is no PC fan that could cut it. Animal does not make clean cut like that.

look what I wrote above ^^^

I dont think a rodent capable of chewing trough COPPER cables, can fit trough any of the case vents.

Assuming the case is normally closed down.

In the end it could be that your cables were composed of a seriously BAD batch of copper that was very breakable/ (brital?)

look at the second picture. My case is always open like that.

And I doubt it could be the cables, as the fan right next to the psu is also cut/ chewed through

I highly doubt anyone would have cut it.

Jy brother knows I would kill him

my sister and I are awesome

my parents would only do it to stop me from spending time/money on my pc, and they know that I would just get a new psu and I am getting a laptop tomorrow or Thursday so it wouldnt do anyrhibg anyway

and the only other people that have been in my room would never harm my pc

One thing is sure: it would not harm itself :) Somebody did it.

One thing is sure: it would not harm itself :) Somebody did it.

Dad is almost certian that something fell on it

Acj3UgK.jpg

someone did this with what is likely a kitchen knife.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Dad is almost certian that something fell on it

I still think somebody cut it.

Have you ever walked in on somebody looking at your PC recently?

Or been in your room and looked super edgy when you came in.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

If something fell on it it had to be something sharp and fell rather precisely on the cable.

There's no way that multiple cables got cut just because something "fell on it".

Your family did that, or someone got in your house, and tried to ruin your 24-pin cable instead of stealing your PC.

A rat can't do that cut, let alone in multiple cables.

thats indeed rather weird.

could it be that you tried slamming the side panels on and the wires got stuck?

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

id put some mouse/rat traps in your room/house to be sure....

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Actually cables can snap, and quite easily if excessive force is used.
Happens a lot in datacentres and server rooms n stuff.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

As much as I wanted to say rodent, as I've had a (sister's) pet rabbit bite through a clothes iron power cable, those pictures you posted don't match up. It would be very difficult for a rodent to get into that case and position itself to take bites running parallel to cable. Most likely, a rodent would chew its way perpendicular to the cable. Those do look like tool marks, but like you said it's highly unlikely that someone would attempt something so malicious. I'd say get a new power supply, as a failed power supply has the ability to catch your house on fire (this has actually happened) and put your body case panels back on. Leave the top one off, and use the opening to put a piece of tape across the side panels and the case chassis. Then, when you see any signs of tampering, check the tape to see if it has been broken.

Alternatively, you could learn some electrical engineering and attach a circuit to the side panels, which when broken taking any of the panels off triggers a camera inside the case to take a picture, but that sounds like too much work  :P

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Rat/mouse definitely. Maybe some other kind of rodent.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

it works fine (as far as I can tell) 

It does?  I am really surprised as those look like power and signal cables (not all grounds as someone above mentioned).

Looks like the wires were hacked at with some sort of knife.

You sure you are telling everything?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"