Is there a benefit to this "upgrade"?

Meewwww

So I have a 660 TI right now and the 960 is $200 but apparently better

9gMZr9b.png

Is it worth it for the new architecture?

960 is not a good card to buy for 200 dollars. You could find better cards for 200 dollars.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I'd grab another 660 Ti for SLI over a single 960 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

How about a not a 690 damn that's $$$$

Just SLI

Because he had a hard drive.

How about a not a 690 damn that's $$$$

Just SLI

What performance do you think I could get out of SLI'd 660 TIs?

I wouldn't, you're really only gaining about 10fps on your games which for me is completely not worth it. Hell, I'm running a 750ti right now and my next upgrade is going to be something with the performance of the original titan. Anything below that I see now point in making any changes. So basically, try to go for 2x what your current card can do for a real leap, if not, you won't gain much.

People always recommend just popping in another card of the same one you have and calling it a day... 

Why????

Save the money you would of used to buy that card, sell the one you have now. and purchase something bigger. 970-980.

Crossfire/SLI comes with so much cons behind it, its really not worth it unless ur running 1440p/4k+

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

People always recommend just popping in another card of the same one you have and calling it a day...

Why????

Save the money you would of used to buy that card, sell the one you have now. and purchase something bigger. 970-980.

Crossfire/SLI comes with so much cons behind it, its really not worth it unless ur running 1440p/4k+

Idk man. Two 660Tis would destroy a 770/780 and overtake the reference 970.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well only if the game supports crossfire. So I would rather say sell the 660ti and go for gtx 970

Anyone else notice the summary for the 660ti is a review for Skyrim?

Anyway it is more of a lateral move. It would be worth waiting and grabbing a 970 later.

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

If the game supports it and considering the state of video game industry where developers can't get their asses off their seats and make proper optimized games, no way SLI is a good choice.

The 660Ti is stronger than a 760, but with a gimped memory bus. a 960 would show no performance improvements, although the card would run a lot quieter. its got that going for it.

the 960Ti is supposedly just around the corner, and based on specs it may end up being a great card. I would wait for that.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Well only if the game supports crossfire. So I would rather say sell the 660ti and go for gtx 970

For reference: SLi is for NVIDIA GPUs

Crossfire is for AMD GPUs. 

You do have the option to make SLi profiles. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So I have a 660 TI right now and the 960 is $200 but apparently better

9gMZr9b.png

Is it worth it for the new architecture?

The 960 is really not much better at all than a 660ti. It preforms slightly better than a 760 which performs almost the same as a 660ti.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What performance do you think I could get out of SLI'd 660 TIs?

I ran 2 660tis for about 1.5 years. The performance is very similar to a single 970.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The 960 is really not much better at all than a 660ti. It preforms slightly better than a 760 which performs almost the same as a 660ti.

760 performs better than the 660ti. The performance is between a 660ti and 670

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Definitely not worth it. Performance difference is about 10%-15%. definitely not worth the price of a new GPU. From the 660 ti the only worthwile upgrades would be either a 290 or a gtx 970. You could also get another 660 ti for sli but scaling can be an issue at times and not to mention the gimped memory bus.

For reference: SLi is for NVIDIA GPUs

Crossfire is for AMD GPUs. 

You do have the option to make SLi profiles. 

Sorry I was meaning SLI