Switched to a mechanical keyboard!

L.E.D

I will say right away that it is WAY BETTER then my membrane keyboard, it was a $14 apple rip off from walmart. So this is a lot better and I am enjoying it. 

Just thought I would share that with you.

Oh! I switched to the Razer Black Widow Ultimate!

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I really want to switch to a mechanical keyboard since everyone raves about them. However, they're so expensive here in NZ, and I'd really like to try it out / have a play around with it and see what the keys feel like before I buy it.... Which isn't a possibility here :(

'El well. One day I'll join the Mechanical Keyboard cool kids :D

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Welcome to the Club.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I really want to switch to a mechanical keyboard since everyone raves about them. However, they're so expensive here in NZ, and I'd really like to try it out / have a play around with it and see what the keys feel like before I buy it.... Which isn't a possibility here :(

'El well. One day I'll join the Mechanical Keyboard cool kids :D

I live in New Zealand and just brought a mechanical keyboard; The Ducky Zero Zone for 160 (blue backlight/ Cherry MX reds) from play tech in Auckland.

I know that PB tech has a lot of branches over NZ which you could go in and try out the different switches/keyboards

I live in New Zealand and just brought a mechanical keyboard; The Ducky Zero Zone for 160 (blue backlight/ Cherry MX reds) from play tech in Auckland.

I know that PB tech has a lot of branches over NZ which you could go in and try out the different switches/keyboards

Yeah there is a PB tech here in Hamilton, but when I've gone in I haven't been able to play around with the switches or anything. And their selection is crappy... basically just a couple of CM keyboards usually. 

Plus I use MacOSX (don't hate), so ideally I'd like a keyboard with a command key.... which limits my options even further. But 'el well. One day, when I have the money. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

I'm at the mercy of shipping waiting for my new G710+. Every minute with this old Dell keyboard getting worse and worse as the new one comes closer and closer to my doorstep.

Wait, did you get the 2014 Edition?

Because I would not even consider that a mechanical keyboard because of its switches. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Wait, did you get the 2014 Edition?

Because I would not even consider that a mechanical keyboard because of its switches. 

Just because it's manufactured by people in China doesn't make it not a mechanical keyboard.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Just because it's manufactured by people in China doesn't make it not a mechanical keyboard.

"I" would not consider it. 

Its not the Chinese part. It is the terrible feel. (I have used the 2014 before) and the keywobble.

"I" would not consider it. 

Its not the Chinese part. It is the terrible feel. (I have used the 2014 before) and the keywobble.

So far this keyboard has been great so... yeah lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

So far this keyboard has been great so... yeah lol

Well compared to a membrane a keyboard. It is great.