40% of US homes have a streaming service

weled

It looks like Netflix and Hulu are going to kill cable tv 

"Throughout 2014, Netflix continued to steal customers from cable providers nationwide. The latest Nielsen report shows that over 40% of homes now have access to a subscription-based video on-demand service, such as Netflix, Hulu Plus or Amazon Prime Instant Video. That’s up from 36% in 2013."

"in the third quarter of 2014, SNL Kagan reported that 10.5 million American homes had access to broadband but didn’t subscribe to a cable provider. On the other hand, cable subscriptions are steadily drying up and TV ratings are falling with them."

Do you think streaming services such as Netflix are going to kill off traditional cable tv? 

Original article:http://bgr.com/2015/03/12/netflix-vs-cable-tv-2015/

This report explains it: http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/reports-downloads/2015-reports/total-audience-report-q4-2014.pdf

Yes, because it allows you to watch pretty much whatever you want whenever you want, and in at higher quality at times.

Sig under construction.

It looks like Netflix and Hulu are going to kill cable tv 

"Throughout 2014, Netflix continued to steal customers from cable providers nationwide. The latest Nielsen report shows that over 40% of homes now have access to a subscription-based video on-demand service, such as Netflix, Hulu Plus or Amazon Prime Instant Video. 

Implying that these are mutually exclusive and that no one is able to consume more than one type of media.

I actually think the situation is worst than that for Cable tv: There's plenty of tech saavy people like me that have all but completely replaced traditional TV with youtube and twitch. Streaming services are very popular but in my opinion will become a stop gap between traditional content and truly ala carte content: much rather watch some LTT videos or let's plays than another tired fucking sit com or some people running a bakery shop.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The only reason I don't solely have those is because of my god damn Internet speeds

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

The reason I don't have any of this is the lack of content, the price is too high in my opinion and things like Netflix upload the whole season in once instead of a new episode the day after release.

This is only applies in US so change your Title.

As for Netflix killing cable I guess it will but they are exclusives on cable so I don't think so.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650