HTC One M9’s first official release date is March 16th

PillowSmoke

HTC-One-M9-DSC08393-640x428.jpg

Yep that phone that was officially announced a week or two back, now has an official release date! The phone for me in particular has been received as a evolutionary step forward from the m8 version. Even though things have changed, I still feel its still lacking in some aspects. For example the camera, even though they bumped it up to 20mp, judging from the few sample pictures that have come out, the camera seems mediocre. Now that might not apply to everyone, some people just need a camera on a phone and it stops from there. While you have other people, who need the highest quality from a camera phone, true to say it is 2015, and hopefully as the m9 comes out and we get patches and updates from HTC. They might just be able to improve upon the camera, through software and make it the best it can be. Though it can only go so far.

HTC’s mid-March release window for the HTC One M9 is about as accurate as you can get. The company has just announced the first official availability date for the device. It’ll go on sale beginning March 16th in their home turf of Taiwan in conjunction with 5 of the nation’s largest carriers.

Yeah in "Taiwan" 

According to local press, HTC held the initial launch in Taiwan so as to instill some Taiwanese pride among the hometown people excited to buy their phone. They drove that point home with traditional festivities such as drum performances and a performance by a local orchestra. This is in contrast to last year’s strategy of making United States’ Verizon Wireless the very first carrier to call dibs on the HTC One M8.

HTC mentioned that while the M9’s officially recognized launch date is March 16th, it wouldn’t start showing up on store shelves of local carriers until March 23rd. Whether an international or global launch will happen at that point remains to be seen (B&H once let loose a March 25th date for those of us in the States), but if the phone is primed for one market then it should be good to go in many more.

Source: http://phandroid.com/2015/03/13/htc-one-m9-release-date-official/

P.S just trying an new format of posting tech news, adding a bit of my own twist on the particular subject of matter.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I firmly believe that HTC took over from Apple in having the most "meh" flagship update. I mean, the M9 is just...its vanilla ice cream. 

Not an issue if you have vanilla ice cream every now and then, thus preserving its specialness. But back to back scoops? Eh. Then again, thats my issue with all flagships in the last year or so. Theres just not a lot of "this is worth owning" there anymore. 

-snippity snoop-

Damn Nuro is doing news now, theres a first for everything I guess.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I firmly believe that HTC took over from Apple in having the most "meh" flagship update. I mean, the M9 is just...its vanilla ice cream. 

This isn't a redesign it's an update, like the Apple "S" devices. Some people prefer the M8 design and the M9 fixes the blaring issues that kept them from buying the M8.

"Rawr XD"

Damn Nuro is doing news now, theres a first for everything I guess.

He's been doing news since before you were a member :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

He's been doing news since before you were a member :P

I lurked for a long time on a different account I forgot the pass to, I never saw him do news.  :P

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

This isn't a redesign it's an update, like the Apple "S" devices. Some people prefer the M8 design and the M9 fixes the blaring issues that kept them from buying the M8.

Its still boring and playing it safe and not really addressing much. 

The camera lens sticks out so much yet where is the optical image stabilization? OIS > jacking up the megapixel account, especially if they aren't using a bigger sensor. 

They had a chance to fix a fair amount of missing things without resorting to a redesign. They didn't. 

Not an issue if you have vanilla ice cream every now and then, thus preserving its specialness. But back to back scoops? Eh. Then again, thats my issue with all flagships in the last year or so. Theres just not a lot of "this is worth owning" there anymore. 

I think Samsung had the best shot at making an exciting flagship but they blew it. Here is what I think they should have done instead of the crappy S6.

1) Made the edge version the standard model, and not released a billion other versions. Pretty sure a lot of people would have dropped the whole "they are copying Apple" if the edge version was THE S6. Great way to differentiate themselves from the competitors as well.

2) Kept the removable back and microSD card. They would have just made it like a smaller version of the Note 4 if they thought that their unibody metal design wouldn't have worked with a removable back.

3) USB type C connector. If Apple, Google, Nokia and a bunch of motherboard manufacturers has already implemented it then I am sure Samsung could have done it as well.

But nope, they went pantsu-on-head retarded and fucked it up.

I think Samsung had the best shot at making an exciting flagship but they blew it. Here is what I think they should have done instead of the crappy S6.

1) Made the edge version the standard model, and not released a billion other versions. Pretty sure a lot of people would have dropped the whole "they are copying Apple" if the edge version was THE S6. Great way to differentiate themselves from the competitors as well.

2) Kept the removable back and microSD card. They would have just made it like a smaller version of the Note 4 if they thought that their unibody metal design wouldn't have worked with a removable back.

3) USB type C connector. If Apple, Google, Nokia and a bunch of motherboard manufacturers has already implemented it then I am sure Samsung could have done it as well.

But nope, they went pantsu-on-head retarded and fucked it up.

and then watch it sell very well and they switch to that from now on -_-