Asus Customer Support

So the other day, my motherboard decided that was not wanted to do with its life so it stopped working. I still have 2 years left on the warranty and asus wants me to pay $160 for a replacement model. What can I do?

USPC522338

If you have a legit warranty complain to the Better Business Bureau or something like that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So the other day, my motherboard decided that was not wanted to do with its life so it stopped working. I still have 2 years left on the warranty and asus wants me to pay $160 for a replacement model. What can I do?

If you can prove you are still within the warranty period, then send them a copy of the proof. If they still refuse to replace it then report them to the BBB.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Are you Canada? ASUS is a pain. Call again, make it clear that you have a problem with your board and that it is under warranty, and that you can send them proof of purchase (fax or e-mail).
Remain calm however, and polite, but just be strict. Be sure you log everything. Whom are you calling, what is their FULL name or employee id, log the time and conversation...

If that works great, if that doesn't, you can try the old trick in the book:
http://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb/

Reaching executives, always makes thing shake up. The first reaction that they'll get, is how did that person reach me, found me, and think it is critical. Having a well written complaint letter where you share max details on everything in a professional manner, shows that you mean real business. Usually they won't handle this themselves, but rather ask someone else to handle the case. Watch you getting a new board.

Personally, I had a horrible experience with ASUS when my motherboard broke. In my case, my 2 Ethernet ports broke. Now, I didn't have to do the above, but I did have to wait 1 month to get a replacement board, which was super dusty, like no joke, even dust in the PCI-E bracket, and smelled like it was in computer where the people in the house smoked. Disgusting board.
Pissed off, I cleaned it off, deeply, but properly, of course, and noticed how super scratch the board was around some screw holes. You can see that he had trouble installing it, probably used a wrong screw driver.
Well the board did work, but only 1 of the Ethernet ports work, not the other. I called ASUS, and I was put on hold for 4h, and hanged up on the face, called back, and was informed by an automated message that the customer service is now closed and to call back tomorrow.
I did call back the next day, and I was put on hold for 3h. Then I was told that the scratches are cosmetic and not covered, as for the second Ethernet, well, "the other one works, so what's the problem?". Thanks Asus!
Then I was told that they can't do anything, as my warranty is out now, which is actually true, as it broke less than a month before the warranty ends.

A friend of mine, several months later also had a problem, his experience was far better, but still took a month for his replacement. The board was not scratched. and only a bit of dust. Great!
Until he build back his computer and the motherboard didn't work. After long several hours of troubleshooting, and knowing my experience, and ASUS was now saying it was his fault, that he broke the motherboard. He pulled his motherboard out of his system, and snap it in 2 with his leg, and went out to a local computer store and bought an MSI board.

In my case, my board still works today. My father uses my old computer, which is great, I guess. But for me, ASUS made it to the black list.
On my newer computer I decided to switch with Gigabyte. And I was impressed. ASUS now does it, but at the time Gigabyte offered a rich fully detailed motherboard manual, the board felt even better quality, dual BIOS is really nice (at the time ASUS had no option for BIOS recovery). Sadly, the BIOS is a bit slow to boot up. And I lost the looks (it was before Gigabyte had black boards, they were blue), and only get the bare minimum accessories, despite a high-end range board (common to Gigabyte board). I never tried their warranty service, however, but so far it is holding up great. My experience is the same today, then was when I got it (When teh Core i7 930 was released, so its a been a couple of years)

The problem with ASUS, is that their product are full of great features, good price, good packaging, great accessories, and everything is smartly done.
Has a reputation for also making great overclock boards, implement many features asked, really in the community scene, loves to do a splash here and there to impress people, and their stuff is generally good quality.
So all in all, ASUS makes very compelling products, and no wonder why they are so huge, and highly recommended.

But their warranty is truly awful, sadly.

Are you Canada? ASUS is a pain. Call again, make it clear that you have a problem with your board and that it is under warranty, and that you can send them proof of purchase (fax or e-mail).

Remain calm however, and polite, but just be strict. Be sure you log everything. Who are you calling, what is their FULL name or employee id, log the time and conversation..

If that works great, if that doesn't, you can try the old trick in the book:

http://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/how-to-launch-an-executive-email-carpet-bomb/

Reaching executives, always makes thing shake up. The first reaction that they get, is how did that person reach me, found me, and think it is critical. Having a well written complain where you share max details on everything in a professional manner, shows that you mean real business.

Usually they won't handle this themselves, but rather ask someone else to handle the case. Watch getting a new board.

Personally, I had a horrible experience with ASUS when my motherboard broke. In my case, my 2 Ethernet ports broke. I didn't have to the above, but I did have to wait 1 month to get a replacement board, which was super dusty, like no joke, even dust in the PCI-E bracket, and smelled like it was in a smoker computer.

Pissed off, I cleaned it off, deeply, but properly of course, and noticed how super scratch the board was arround some screw holes. You can see that he had trouble installing, probably used a wrong screw driver.

Well the board did work, but only 1 of the Ethernet ports work, not the other. I called ASUS, and I was put on hold for 4h, and hanged up on the face, called back, and was informed by an automated message that the customer service is now closed and to call back tomorrow.

I did call back the next day, and I was put on hold for 3h. Then I was told that the scratches are cosmetic and not covered, as for the brother second Ethernet, well, "the other one works, so what's the problem?"

Then I was told that they can't do anything, as my warranty is out now, which is actually true, as it broke less than a month before the warranty ends.

A friend of mine, several months later also had a problem, his experience was far better, but still took a month for his replacement. The board was not scratched. and only a bit of dust. Great!

Until he build back his computer and the motherboard didn't work. After long several hours of troubleshooting, and knowing my experience, and ASUS was now saying it was his fault. He pulled his motherboard out, and snap it in 2, and went out to a computer store and bought an MSI.

In my case, my board still works today. My father uses my old computer, which is great, I guess. But for me, ASUS made it to the black list.

On my newer computer I decided to switch with Gigabyte. And I was impressed. ASUS now does it, but at the time Gigabyte offered a rich fully detailed motherboard manual, the board felt even better quality, dual BIOS is really nice (at the time ASUS had no option for BIOS recovery).

Sadly, the BIOS is a bit slow to boot up, I lost the looks (it was before Gigabyte had black boards, they were blue), and bare minimum accessories, despite a high-end range board.

I never tried their warranty service, however.

The problem with ASUS, is that their product are full of great features, good price, good packaging, everything is smartly done.

Has a reputation for also making great overclock boards, implement many features asked, really in the community scene, loves to do a splash here and there to impress people, and their stuff is generally good quality.

But their warranty is truly awful.

Probably not something JJ from ASUS would like to hear lol. Thanks for the informative post, though.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I participated in a form that was in the U.K, with mostly U.K people.

I shared my experience, but all I got was good to great experience. But other outside, of the U.K had various level of warranty, some crappy others good.

I know ASUS can offer good service. If JJ reads, I hope he can do something to at least start investigation and see how they can improved their service in Canada.

I believe the warranty for Asus or any other mobo manufacturer really differs from country to country

for us here in Singapore

the distributors have a policy of replacing the mobo 'one for one' once they verified personally the mobo is defective within the first year.

Contact support via email and keep track of the replies they sent to you

to support your warranty claim, have pictures ready and proof of purchase with you to log the RMA request.

if you request is rejected, take down the operator name and request you speak to the product manager

if they reject you again,

voice you displeasure in a polite manner via the facebook page,

someone from the marketing dept may pick up your comments and send a personal message to assist you with your case.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

well not to add fuel to the fire, but the OP really hasn't given details other than

a marked up photo. from that view, the burn outs look like fan headers that

are scorched. so what ever was attached to those ports might have caused

the short life expectancy. so reaming ASUS without all the facts/information is

counter-productive.

The one time I used Asus warranty service I thought it was fine. They even payed for shipping both ways. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Whereas my experience with Asus has been terrible (Australia). My workstation board - under a business warranty - has currently been gone for 6 weeks.

I have always had good experience with Asus customer support. i had to return a laptop which had a dead motherboard from overheating and I got it fixed in a few weeks and no additional questions were asked. As the others said, unfortunately it differs from country to country...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I recently had to RMA my ZenBook UX303LN due to a malfunctioning headphone port and thought I'd share my experience with you.  Getting the papers was easy enough.  i just had to hop on the ASUS website, start a live chat, and within 20 minutes I had the papers to send my computer in.  I sent the computer in on the 11th of February and ASUS got it on the 17th.  They fixed it and sent it back out on the 18th.  i got it back on the 23rd with not only a working headphone jack, but updated bios, firmware, raid drivers, and various other updates provided by ASUS.  There was no bloatware installed when i got it back and the computer has had no problems since.  The only thing i wish wouldn't have taken so long was the shipping, but it was free so i'm not really in a place to complain!

I would have finished that but i got distra-oh my god is that Linus!?

Asus says due to physical damage my warranty has been voided.

Asus says due to physical damage my warranty has been voided.

Did you cause it? Or was it the motherboard self destructing? Because if it wasn't you or anyone else damaging it, it is still under warranty.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I did not cause the damage. My claim is being reviewed and it looks like they might approve the RMA. Will keep you updated.