Best way to use DS4 controller with windows 8.1

slayerming2

So I'm borrowing a friend's dualshock 4 controller and I wanted to use it with my pc. However whenever I look online, it seems like all of the programs only work with windows 7? Is there any good programs for windows 8.1?

I believe that DS4Tool DOES on fact work in Windows 8.1, my brotehr uses it on his laptop.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

So I'm borrowing a friend's dualshock 4 controller and I wanted to use it with my pc. However whenever I look online, it seems like all of the programs only work with windows 7? Is there any good programs for windows 8.1?

Also you should follow your threads :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I believe that DS4Tool DOES on fact work in Windows 8.1, my brotehr uses it on his laptop.

I tried this and it didn't work :(

I followed this guys tutorial when I was using a PS3 controller, and his video for the PS4 controller seems to have good feedback:

https://youtu.be/9gMltAE6BQc

I recently just switched to using an Xbox One controller though, it's a lot less hassle.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

i know my friend uses a ds4 controller with 8.1 i will ask him about when he awakes if u still need help

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I tried this and it didn't work :(

I use DS4Tool on windows 8.1 and it works fine.

I use it over bluetooth.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I followed this guys tutorial when I was using a PS3 controller, and his video for the PS4 controller seems to have good feedback:

https://youtu.be/9gMltAE6BQc

I recently just switched to using an Xbox One controller though, it's a lot less hassle.

Yeah Microsoft's controllers are sooo much better, I normally use a 360 controller. But Bloodborne is coming out soon and I wanted to adjust to sony's controller.

i know my friend uses a ds4 controller with 8.1 i will ask him about when he awakes if u still need help

Yeah I might need help...

http://ds4windows.com/ 

if it works for 7 it will work for 8.1 its pretty much the same system. 

I use this and it works fine.

I'm currently using this usb cable, but when I plug it in with the DS4 into my laptop it says "USB device not recognized"??

You need the correct driver. Make sure you are using the one this says to use and have uninstalled any other driver that's being used in it's place.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I use this and it works fine.

You need the correct driver. Make sure you are using the one this says to use and have uninstalled any other driver that's being used in it's place.

How do I make sure I'm using the correct drivers are not others?

So is this micro usb cable fine? http://imgur.com/u8SMvhH