Is this a normal problem?

pcgamer1999

Ok so this has happened about 6 times now .

Randomly this happens, now when i restart everything seems to be fine 

do i have a bad gpu or is this just a driver issue?

the card is a Gigabyte r9 270x with Catalyst 14.12

I posted a video of the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmXth1OZXY&feature=youtu.be

Looks like a bad GPU :0/

...but get more opinions.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Are you using a broken VGA cable perhaps?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

SNIP

Nope, something is definitely wrong, 

You don't suffer any artefacting in games?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Are you using a broken VGA cable perhaps?

^ try flexing / rolling/snaking the cable to see if you can eliminate this as a possibility?

But it does look like a failing GPU. Heat issues maybe (Looks like it could be a solder-ball problem).

Also, to answer your question more precisely: no, not a normal problem; probably not a quick fix :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

^ try flexing / rolling/snaking the cable to see if you can eliminate this as a possibility?

But it does look like a failing GPU. Heat issues maybe (Looks like it could be a solder-ball problem).

Also, to answer your question more precisely: no, not a normal problem; probably not a quick fix :0/

Someone yesterday in my class was doing this stuff with a monitor by bending it and bit and stuff

such weird

@pcgamer1999

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Someone yesterday in my class was doing this stuff with a monitor by bending it and bit and stuff

such weird

@pcgamer1999

He was getting that same effect?

It could be intermittent loss of parts of the signal or momentary disconnections. I was thinking more along the lines of it being the solder balls (that it's basically approaching the video card equivalent of a rrod or ylod).

The thing is, there are so many variables with this stuff that, it's hard to figure out using just basic deduction.

He was getting that same effect?

It could be intermittent loss of parts of the signal or momentary disconnections. I was thinking more along the lines of it being the solder balls (that it's basically approaching the video card equivalent of a rrod or ylod).

The thing is, there are so many variables with this stuff that, it's hard to figure out using just basic deduction.

It was not all of the effects, but he did have the flickering and the green and pink lines

It was not all of the effects, but he did have the flickering and the green and pink lines

It could just be an effect common to both, but I think it's worth testing for it, who knows? You'd just have to be careful not to stress the socket where it's plugged into the graphics card (that alone could probably give you similar effects).

There could be a few problems here, but it would try the following

1. check the cable is ok, swap it wit one you know is working. 

2. check the monitor/tv doesn't have an issue, try the same input with a different device and other inputs if possible. 

3. remove the GPU and test that the on-board graphics dont have the same issue, if there is no problem with the GPU out of the machine, then looks like it is the most likely culprit. 

4. have you tried to OC anything recently? if so revert settings to default and try again. 

hope its nothing major though buddy. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Check for any bent cables on your monitor to GPU cable. Check maybe if monitor is the problem. If you overclocked the GPU, take it off or even try undercloking. If nothing happens RMA it.

Did you try using other ports and changing the cables ?

If that didn't help, I am afraid that it might be the GPU..

Did you also try with no GPU ?

I had it happen to me before. It is most likely loss of signal bad video card or via cord or w/e your using.

Nope, something is definitely wrong, 

You don't suffer any artefacting in games?

Only on the desktop