More Titan X Benchmarks (On Par with Titan-Z, faster in Games)

25ptmv8.jpg

rm74tx.png

GTX-TITAN-X-Chiphell-3.png

GTX-TITAN-X-Chiphell-4.png

Source: http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1251587-1-1.html

Source 2: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3628183752?pn=1

The power of a Titan-Z in a single card @ 1440p, that's something people should be excited about. Noticed some grieving after some other benchmarks were released, but this really puts things into perspective for people. Also realize that this is not overclocked balls to the wall, if it overclocks anything like Maxwell, 1000-1200MHz is quite conservative. So expect a huge jump in performance when to bring it closer to say 980 Classified clocks of 1500-1550MHz. But short hand is, it still is as fast as a Titan-Z which is quite impressive, faster in games apparently.

For anyone out there about to be butthurt over the X beating the Z, remember that the way this bench is done is by averaging framerates of 22 games. The end result is that the Z scores lower due to games which don't properly utilize the second chip in the Z.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

We get it it's a good card. Still more interested in the 390x though.

People say it's a 250w card. I'll take an extra 50watts for OpenCL though.

For anyone out there about to be butthurt over the X beating the Z, remember that the way this bench is done is by averaging framerates of 22 games. The end result is that the Z scores lower due to games which don't properly utilize the second chip in the Z.

This is more game/graphics development then actual gaming, So I'm not surprised.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

For it to be that close, I severely doubt any lack of utilization from the second chip happened. 

This titan might actually be worth the sticker price to gaming enthusiasts with the money to spend? 

f_c16e14ecca.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

College tuition or a really fast graphics card???  College tuition

sike.... nvidia titan x bb <3

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

25ptmv8.jpg

rm74tx.png

Source: http://www.chiphell.com/thread-1251587-1-1.html

Source 2: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3628183752?pn=1

The power of a Titan-Z in a single card @ 1440p, that's something people should be excited about. Noticed some grieving after some other benchmarks were released, but this really puts things into perspective for people. Also realize that this is not overclocked balls to the wall, if it overclocks anything like Maxwell, 1000-1200MHz is quite conservative. So expect a huge jump in performance when to bring it closer to say 980 Classified clocks of 1500-1550MHz. But short hand is, it still is as fast as a Titan-Z which is quite impressive, faster in games apparently.

I'm not sure how sure 1500 core Is going to be with that huge die and reference cooler

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

All the chiphell leaks last year where complete bogus.

Take them with a big grain of salt.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

This so much this. And the other source being videocardz, who are the WCCF of GPUs

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

OMGz it's a space heater, and they're releasing this now instead of 2 months ago when it could have been useful? U sux Nvidia

I have a feeling that if this card is as good as the two BS sites say it is, it's because they just took the current maxwell platform and made it run hotter or something. I knew they were holding back when the 980m's performance was so much closer to its desktop counterpart than previous mobile flagship cards. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I'm not sure how sure 1500 core Is going to be with that huge die and reference cooler

I think once people at overclock.net get their hands on this card, and skyn3t releases a bios you will see 1500 core clocks easily. Also remember, Gigabyte released a Windforce 3x cooler for the Titan before.

Chiphell leaks are legit when they are closer to release of the actual card, before then not very reliable. For example, see their 980 leaks, on the money.

Here for reference, anyone doubting the legitimacy of these Titan X benchmarks, pulled up their "GM204" leaks weeks prior to actual 980/970 release:

2ueoids.jpg

vz8ze1.jpg

Like I said, on the money.

For it to be that close, I severely doubt any lack of utilization from the second chip happened.

It's fairly close, but as shown by the benchmark it should be a bit slower than dual GK110

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Anything you compare to a Titan Z will look good. That card is a joke. The headline should say it's 50% faster than a GTX 970 and will cost 3 times as much. What a bargain right ?

Anything you compare to a Titan Z will look good. That card is a joke. The headline should say it's 50% faster than a GTX 970 and will cost 3 times as much. What a bargain right ?

The Titan Z is a joke only until you put it in expert hands. Under water that card trounces the 295x2 straight back to the infernal pits from which it rose. 1150+MHz Titan Z lays it out flat (EK Waterblocks ftw).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can someone provide a post showing how close rumors of previously released cards were to the actual thing?

I'm probably going to save these alleged Titan X benchmarks for future reference when another generation of Nvidia cards are released.

The Titan Z is a joke only until you put it in expert hands. Under water that card trounces the 295x2 straight back to the infernal pits from which it rose. 1150+MHz Titan Z lays it out flat (EK Waterblocks ftw).

At the low low price of just 4000$ with blocks and custom loops. Get yours now with 2 easy payments of 1 kidney and half a liver.

No the titan z is a huge joke. Over priced and under performing.

Even staying with nvidia, 2x titan blacks would be cheaper and better performing, even without the additional water cooling.

The titan z should have used the same clever cooling solution, that the 295x2 has (that Asus co developed with Asetek for their Ares II). Shave off at least 500$ and it might have been useful, instead of the joke, that it is.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Are you forgetting that a Titan X has 12GB of VRAM and will keep outputting high performance at 4K/5K/8K when a 970 will simply chug/croak/die?

Not everyone plays on 1080p.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's fairly close, but as shown by the benchmark it should be a bit slower than dual GK110

That is only because the only place where SLI or Crossfire scales perfectly is 3DMark and maybe Tomb Raider

Can someone provide a post showing how close rumors of previously released cards were to the actual thing?

I'm probably going to save these alleged Titan X benchmarks for future reference when another generation of Nvidia cards are released.

Those GM204 leaks I posted above came out about two weeks prior to 980/970 launch.

Its almost sad that people aren't willing to accept that the Titan X is one hell of a gaming card that will probably make 4K its slave, all off a twin slot, single GPU solution that will play very nicely with mini-ITX builds. 

Its almost sad that people aren't willing to accept that the Titan X is one hell of a gaming card that will probably make 4K its slave, all off a twin slot, single GPU solution that will play very nicely with mini-ITX builds.

People are more than willing to accept it. The confusion is that the benchmarks are showing lower than expected performance.

Daily Driver:

People are more than willing to accept it. The confusion is that the benchmarks are showing lower than expected performance.

It matches a dual GPU Titan Z...how is that lower than expected? 

If thats low, people need to get their expectations in order and stop dreaming in the clouds and come back to Earth. 

At the low low price of just 4000$ with blocks and custom loops. Get yours now with 2 easy payments of 1 kidney and half a liver.

No the titan z is a huge joke. Over priced and under performing.

Even staying with nvidia, 2x titan blacks would be cheaper and better performing, even without the additional water cooling.

The titan z should have used the same clever cooling solution, that the 295x2 has (that Asus co developed with Asetek for their Ares II). Shave off at least 500$ and it might have been useful, instead of the joke, that it is.

$1200 now with the block. Please keep up. AMD isn't the only company capable of lowering prices. The cooling solution is not clever when it's the only option provided. As the only reference cooler it's an admittance of failure by AMD's engineers to be able to design an air cooler or any cooler themselves. Also, custom builders hate the 295x2 cooling solution. Being a closed loop there's a huge amount of disassembly involved if you want to get things done properly with a single large system loop or use your own better fans or a better radiator. No reference design should come as an AIO liquid cooling solution from the amateur patent trolls at Asetek. End of discussion.

The Titan Z is a superior card when put in proper hands, as I said.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd