My Ram got stolen, now I need a new one, but I don't know where :(

LuneAtick

Hey guys,

I am a 16yr old student that loves gaming and does some hobbyish graphics. Because of that I recently (Christmas) got 2x8 gb of Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 ClL11 Ram. But some weeks ago when I had "friends" over some as***** just stole 1x8GB of my Ram.... I had my PC running open at that time because my old GTX 470 was running impossibly hot when rendering/gaming. I have no idea who it was and I don't see any chance of finding out who it was. Since then my PC would permanently crash in Firefox or Chrome or Games... Now that my birthday is on 2nd April I would have enough money to get 1x8GB of the ram again but as far as I've seen nobody on the planet sells single 8GB modules of that RAM. :/ Does anybody have any Idea what I could do, since I can't just buy 16 more Gigs because of my lack of money I'm out of options honestly...

Greets, Thomas

Try contacting Kingston and see if they can sell you one moudle

OR

invite all of them back to your house, lock em in, tie em up and make em give it back

em

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

8 gigs shouldn't make it crash unless its a bad dimm of ram but it could be somthing else ,however, I would recommend buying a single 8 gig stick of something like corsair vengance or g-skill ripjaws.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

take it back..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just question the group of so called "friends".

See which one breaks out laughing, and you can b sure they know something. Kick them in teh balls and tell them to spill it out.

Problemo solved?

Wait, If I am not totally facepalming, they took the ram out when the computer was running?
Can you even do that?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Wait, If I am not totally facepalming, they took the ram out when the computer was running?

Can you even do that?

Yea, but I think it'll just blue screen.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yea, but I think it'll just blue screen.

Does it cause damage? I have this urge to take the ram off my mobo right now....

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Does it cause damage? I have this urge to take the ram off my mobo right now....

I have no idea, I wouldn't try it.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

There is no chance of getting it back, I asked the parents of the guy that I think that got it but his parents were like "p*ss off"... Asked the police too but they said I can't do anything without any evidence. By the way which email of Kingston should I contact  since I'm getting really confused by their support page?? (I live in germany) And its not like I can'T do anything but the singe one is running very unstable so alot of Programs crash occasionally...

By the way which email of Kingston should I contact  since I'm getting really confused by their support page?? (I live in germany)

Try this page.

http://www.kingston.com/de/company/contacts

Contact Customer Care first, and if that's no good, go with Technical Support, and if that's no good, try Public Relations. idk go down the list lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just sent a message to Kingston... I really hope they can do anything if not I'm truly f*cked.

Since I need to get a new PSU because mine is so old that it just barely can keep up with my System that I just don't have enough money to get 2x8GB again. :/

Thanks for the support though.

shut down your machine. remove and replace the stick that you have. reset the cmos. try things out.

don't buy more ram. you don't need more than 8gigs and you don't need to run it in dual channel mode to get good performance. it will also leave you open to more theft.

take your machine and all your hardware/software home. you can't trust the people you are surrounded by. before you know it you'll have nothing.

I do need more than 16Gig fore Video Editing. (4790k, 8 threads  2gigs for every thread and I have 16 gigs maxed out already) You cannot deny that. Why should I take my stuff home if its already there. My PC ist closed now due to my 970 where the fans don't turn on most of the times. :) And I have abandoned all the people that were there already so that's over now.

Can you even do that?

Let alone without getting electrocuted lol...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Try contacting Kingston and see if they can sell you one moudle

OR

invite all of them back to your house, lock em in, tie em up and make em give it back

em

Option 2! Do it!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Who the hell steals RAM? First time for everything I suppose..

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Look into locking your pc sidepanels.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Let alone without getting electrocuted lol...

that's why I mentioned ps or motherboard............. OP must be sleeping. not sure he's willing to try anything to see if it helps. thinks buying new ram will "fix' it.

I think they meant for DDR4, I had the same problem.

Until I found the Crucial Ballistix CL16 8GB 2400..

Yeah, if OP is looking for DDR4, here is a stick on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-BLS8G4D240FSA/dp/B00MTSWG30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426100259&sr=8-1&keywords=8GB+DDR4

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)