Lenovo Strikes Apple!

MrYuriy

are you high

setup?

Have you tried using them anywhere but a table? 

I mean it's a great choice in it's own category, but really? 

Actually I have and it's not bad.

Don't be a blind follower of the Linus video.

But 

It's 

not 

laptop

It's still a hella underrated. 

But

It's

A

Hybrid

So 

Technically 

Still

Laptop

And

A

Tablet

50/50

Actually I have and it's not bad.

Don't be a blind follower of the Linus video.

I'm a laptop expert, and when it comes to laptops, I strongly disagree with linus, to the point to where I believe he misinforms his viewers (that's what my current avatar and title is about)

But it's not a laptop. You literally cant use it in your lap with the keyboard. 

It's a tablet that's actually useful and not a toy. 

It's fucking awesome. Not for me right now, but I totally might get one in the future. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

But

It's

A

Hybrid

So 

Technically 

Still

Laptop

And

A

Tablet

50/50

can you use it in you lap? no

It's a fucking fantastic tablet. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

can you use it in you lap? no

It's a fucking fantastic tablet. 

How can you not use it in your lap?

The stand is for that too. of course you can use it in your lap :o

How can you not use it in your lap?

The stand is for that too. of course you can use it in your lap :o

how? It's top heavy, and it falls off of the back of your lap, and they stand isn't enough surface area for that (no pun intended). You can't hold it with the keyboard, it's flimsy and doesn't type well on your lap at all. It's meant for a table when in laptop mode. I actually have an easy time using my stupid ass alienware m18x in my lap, and it's 18.4 inches and 12 pounds if that gives you and idea. 

I like the surface. In fact, the ONLY reason I'd get an android tablet is they are cheaper. I don't like the windows marketplace apps, but I would just use full functioning windows to accomplish what i want better. 

I'm still without a tablet, and I may cave eventually, but I'm holding out to get the windows tablet, because I've always considered tablets toys. 

muh specs 

All parts black

how? It's top heavy, and it falls off of the back of your lap, and they stand isn't enough surface area for that (no pun intended). You can't hold it with the keyboard, it's flimsy and doesn't type well on your lap at all. It's meant for a table when in laptop mode. I actually have an easy time using my stupid ass alienware m18x in my lap, and it's 18.4 inches and 12 pounds if that gives you and idea. 

I like the surface. In fact, the ONLY reason I'd get an android tablet is they are cheaper. I don't like the windows marketplace apps, but I would just use full functioning windows to accomplish what i want better. 

I'm still without a tablet, and I may cave eventually, but I'm holding out to get the windows tablet. 

Or wait on the Pro 4.

Or wait on the Pro 4.

It may be here by the time I get one. I would want one of the more expensive options anyway, so it may be a while before I feel justified because it wont replace my laptop, but I would use it daily. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Seriously, the Surface Pro 3 is the most underrated piece of hardware of this decade already.

I wouldn't quite say that. For its price, I don't think it's really worth it. 

And inb4hatetrain, I post this from my i5/256 SP3 with the dark blue TC3. It's nice, but not $1500 CAD after tax nice. 

I'm still without a tablet, and I may cave eventually, but I'm holding out to get the windows tablet, because I've always considered tablets toys. 

The SP3 can definitely be used on your lap. I never bother with the stupid arm desks in any of my lectures. It's top heavy, but the stand does an amazing job, and it's a lot easier to type now that they added in the flap that raises the keyboard towards you. No, you can't hold it by the keyboard, but it's of tablet weight and form factor, so just hold the body.

why would anyone care about .3mm?????

the difference between a CRT and a slimline flatscreen makes sense.

the diference between 4 inch thick 90's and 00's laptops and current gen notebooks makes sense. 

the difference between a phone that is a quarter of an inch thick and and one that is 3 eighths of an inch thick is STUPID

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

The buy an air! Still skinny as hell, looks pretty good, and much cheaper with better specs. 

but how are they going to fanboy to that sexy gold color!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

but how are they going to fanboy to that sexy gold color!!

I don't know. Find a Persian guy, pay him 100$, and he'll make it gold. By god for the better or worse they seem to have the touch of King Midas. 

muh specs 

All parts black

That scale seems extremely off on the image, plus I don't see how that is possible considering apple couldn't fit any USB (besides type C) onto their macbook.

have you seen the asus zenbook ux305, they it in just fine. 

15877265411_5b5b03de63.jpg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

have you seen the asus zenbook ux305, they it in just fine. 

15877265411_5b5b03de63.jpg

So.... Asus used the front of the zenbook (tappers off) to compare to the back of the macbook (thickest point). Kind of seems like cheating. I want someone to make a comparison of the two backs/fronts of the devices. 

So.... Asus used the front of the zenbook (tappers off) to compare to the back of the macbook (thickest point). Kind of seems like cheating. I want someone to make a comparison of the two backs/fronts of the devices. 

That's the front of both of them...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

sadly that will never happen. a good head on head comparison. all companies including apple have done the  "compare thinness through thinnest part". i do like the amount of ports though, its actually something more than a netbook. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I...I won't get either xD

I can't even pay half of one of them.

I can't even pay half of one of them.

Exactly my feelings hahaha

Its a bit ridiculous when you get that thin and light anyways

Nothing in your post makes sense to me, @Sammael

Just saying.

no where can i get why you had to attach a hindu caste system in this thread 

Many people treat brands like an untouchable in the hindu caste system after they had some bad experience.  After said experience, that company/brand's products can no longer move up (and there is no further down to go).  In the gutter they will stay for the end of time.

New management for the company?  Improved product designs years later?  Irrelevant, again, some people treat brands like a caste system, presuming that what was released in the past is an eternal statement of quality in the future.

These are the people you see harping on how awful dell/hp/lenovo/toshiba/etc are after having a bad experience.  This is a kind of brand bigotry that everyone tolerates and accepts, but the same type of logic applied to people does not fly, because we DON'T think it is proper to have the sins of the father pass to the son, the sins of the ford pinto to pass onto the ford focus.  Ideally a product ought to be judged on its own merits without peoples personal baggage of being burned in the past and using that experience to extrapolate CERTAINTY in everything from a particular company being terrible for all time.

This was the point.   Let any who disagree come forward.  You will not win this point, but you can try.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

That's the front of both of them...

It was comparing the back side of macbook to the front of the zenbook. Clearly someone doesn't have eyes.

It was comparing the back side of macbook to the front of the zenbook. Clearly someone doesn't have eyes.

There's no vertical section, that's the tapered front

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

There's no vertical section, that's the tapered front

It had the usb port, it was the back of the side. Again, you have no eyes.