Super Conductivity achieved at 130° C/400 Kelvin

Even if this works, I can't be the only one thinking that it doesn't matter for any general use purposes as it uses Te, which is incredibly rare. As rare as Platinum, which is more rare than gold.

Platinum is actually slightly more abundant than gold, but much harder to refine.  Tellurium is about five times and four times rarer than each respectively.

Are you sure you read the title of the topic properly? If you think you have and are still wondering why there isn't a Celsius measurement, let me explain it to you: 130° C stands for 130 degrees Celsius, which roughly equals 400 degrees Kelvin. Both of these are in the title

I do know how Celsius works. I've never used any other measurement in every day life. I didn't say why is there no Celsius measurement. I said why is the Kelvins wrong. Because it's scientific the 3,15 Kelvins make a difference.

And it's not like converting inches to centimetres where you get a ridiculous number.

130 degrees Celsius is simply 403,15 kelvins.

I know its based on son estimates, but the 3,15 degree difference is bigger than the about 1 degree difference than displayed in the post. 400 kelvins is 126,85 degrees Celsius. And neither of the alloys on average manages superconductivity in that temperature.

It's not very important, I know and doesn't really take away from the post. But because I study physics it slightly annoys me,

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yeah right ...... "Room temperature"...

Unless the scientists were in an huge oven.... I don't know how " 130°c" is room temperature.....

it's still a gr8 achievement m8

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Nice! I remember doing a paper on superconductivity 7 years ago, the highest we'd gotten was 180 kelvin. We'd also found superconductors that required the compound to be hydrated to achieve superconductivity.

I imagine there's much more value in using this for power transmission and high-power applications, much less so for electronic devices.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking