Samsung Galaxy Ace = Earphone killer?

Hey there,

So I ran into this very weird issue... My niece has a Samsung Galaxy Ace (the one that still runs on Gingerbread)... As of now, she has 4 pairs of earphones broken... The stock Samsung ones, a cheap 1USD pair, a Sony E804 (the one that comes with the Walkman NWZ-B173F), and a Sennheiser MX400 II...

Is it possible that the phone is killing the pairs?

She is very careful with her earphones so I doubt that it's from cable wear...

Need your thoughts on this...

thanks

-Hermit

PS.

I have encountered an earphone killer before... It was a Creative Muvo TXFM... Managed to kill 3 pairs over a span of five years, granted I was listening at full blast...

The potato answer is real! :D

It probably is killing them... :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The potato answer is real! :D

It probably is killing them... :/

That's what I was thinking... I might run a test on it with an even cheaper pair of earphones and see how long it lasts before ultimately breaking...

Or I could give my niece my Muvo since it kills earphones slower...

Having too high voltage(volume)(with adequate amps) Will kill them, Sooner or later.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Having too high voltage(volume)(with adequate amps) Will kill them, Sooner or later.

There's also that but my niece does not listen to music at those volume levels... Think of her use case as that of your regular music lover...

Hey there,

So I ran into this very weird issue... My niece has a Samsung Galaxy Ace (the one that still runs on Gingerbread)... As of now, she has 4 pairs of earphones broken... The stock Samsung ones, a cheap 1USD pair, a Sony E804 (the one that comes with the Walkman NWZ-B173F), and a Sennheiser MX400 II...

thanks

-Hermit

PS.

I have encountered an earphone killer before... It was a Creative Muvo TXFM... Managed to kill 3 pairs over a span of five years, granted I was listening at full blast...

I voted potatoes because my answer is maybe. if she is listening to them at a normal volume, there might be a DC offset that's driving a current through the earphones even when nothing is playing. either that or she's just damaging the cables through use, which I've done before to many a headphone, motivating me to modify my headphones with a replacable cable.

the cables break down when bent at tight angles, are pulled on, get tossed into pockets instead of neatly, but loosely rolled up and stored somewhere where they won't get crushed.

There's also that but my niece does not listen to music at those volume levels... Think of her use case as that of your regular music lover...

Witchcraft?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Hey there,

thanks

-Hermit

PS.

The thing with cheap-ass earpieces (even the ones that come with devices) is they suck, and is easily rekt everytime.

However, since you mentioned a product that doesn't come from new devices (Sennheiser), it leads me to believe that a.) your niece may not be as careful as she is on earpieces. Earpieces on pockets can still destroy them (with all the moving around and the mystery of tangled cables when you take them off-thingy) or b.) She might be playing those on high volume. Prolonged operation on high volumes might destroy earpieces, along with your ears.

The thing with cheap-ass earpieces (even the ones that come with devices) is they suck, and is easily rekt everytime.

However, since you mentioned a product that doesn't come from new devices (Sennheiser), it leads me to believe that a.) your niece may not be as careful as she is on earpieces. Earpieces on pockets can still destroy them (with all the moving around and the mystery of tangled cables when you take them off-thingy) or b.) She might be playing those on high volume. Prolonged operation on high volumes might destroy earpieces, along with your ears.

I do not want to risk an expensive pair getting killed by the phone for now... and that Sennheiser was released just last year... (I bought 2, this one died, but the other one is still rocking on)...

I have used several cheap earphones that lasted more than 3 years with me (I am very rough with earphones) which is why I am confident when buying cheap things...