Disgusted With Origin and EA

Thelillypad123

So after about a week of being frustrated beyond belief at the fact that I couldn't get any of my credit cards to work on origin and neither could the two game advisers I spoke to or the so called "higher authority" who I'm sure does not exist (due to the fact that he/she was supposed to contact me within 24 hours), I finally created a separate account just so I could buy a game, the transaction went through the very first time with no issues. This baffles me that a company with this much revenue and resources can't even figure out how to fix a problem that is so huge that I couldn't even purchase a game from their client. Now I have to log into separate accounts to play games...... :angry:  Anyone else experience anything worse with this company customer service or another?

eh. iv been banned for having my account stolen. and I lost 2 free games and a 6$ battlefield 3 + premium.  

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Slightly off topic, but I would recommend removing your payment details from that account.  Origin has had security issues lately and some users have found unauthorized charges on their account.

So after about a week of being frustrated beyond belief at the fact that I couldn't get any of my credit cards to work on origin and neither could the two game advisers I spoke to or the so called "higher authority" who I'm sure does not exist (due to the fact that he/she was supposed to contact me within 24 hours), I finally created a separate account just so I could buy a game, the transaction went through the very first time with no issues. This baffles me that a company with this much revenue and resources can't even figure out how to fix a problem that is so huge that I couldn't even purchase a game from their client. Now I have to log into separate accounts to play games...... :angry:  Anyone else experience anything worse with this company customer service or another?

did you try just using paypal?

Its a Championship not a Belt!

It's not like Steam is any better....you can easily wait over a week to just get a cookie-cutter-answer, which doesn't even address the issue. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Slightly off topic, but I would recommend removing your payment details from that account.  Origin has had security issues lately and some users have found unauthorized charges on their account.

thanks for the heads up. But I try not to keep my payment details on anything. The feeling of security definitely trumps the struggle of having to type numbers over and over

It's not like Steam is any better....you can easily wait over a week to just get a cookie-cutter-answer, which doesn't even address the issue. 

Yeah, but at least steam for the most part is a good client without weird issues like this one.

Yeah, to no avail.

Odd, never had any issues with origin other than when logging into the Simpsons Tapped out when i playied it 

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Yeah, but at least steam for the most part is a good client without weird issues like this one.

Yeah, you just have to deal with servers constantly going down (dota/csgo/tf2), and constant harassment from phishers. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Odd, never had any issues with origin other than when logging into the Simpsons Tapped out when i playied it 

I researched into the issue I was having and apparently its not to out of the ordinary and there was pretty much no fix.

Yeah, you just have to deal with servers constantly going down (dota/csgo/tf2), and constant harassment from phishers. 

From my experience with steam, I haven't had too many an issue, but I could be not seeing the issues. I agree.

Disgusted with EA because they refused to take your money?

I would've taken that as divine intervention and just went elsewhere.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Disgusted with EA because they refused to take your money?

I would've taken that as divine intervention, quite frankly, and just went elsewhere.

I praise you good sir.

It actually sounds like it might have been a problem with your cards, not Origin and could easily explain why they didn't know what was wrong.

But yea, sorry for your misfortune. Glad I haven't had any problems with Origin/EA. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You can usually get better deals from resellers anyway (amazon, greenmangaming, gamersgate..). There's practically no point in purchasing from the client at this time. Especially since you can't even buy gifts yet.

What do you expect from a company that was once titled the worst company in America?

Twice, if I recall correctly.

In terms of service they're lightyears ahead of Valve. In terms of client functionality and community features they're lightyears behind. If they invested a fraction of the resources they do towards other crap they'd have something quite formidable. But they never particularly cared about that. They just wanted a way to profit off of their games without paying another company/client and then they stopped working on it.

eh. iv been banned for having my account stolen. and I lost 2 free games and a 6$ battlefield 3 + premium.

origin has 2 step authentication for future reference

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

To the OP: had the exact same problem and did what you did. Hated creating another account but it was the only fix I could come up with. I know it was not the credit card.

I have a potato!

and that is why i don't even touch Origin. plus the store language is bound to your location and cant be changed suck that people abroad.

the only problem i ever had with with steam was buying games with a paypal account from a different country. but after a mail to support on late Saturday it was fixed Monday.

My debit card doesn't work on origin either. Which is a shame because apart from that I don't have much issues with origin. I know They don't have half the features which steam has but in general it's good enough to launch games and get out of the way...

I had a horrible experience with Origin.

See, I bought Crysis for Steam few years ago. But you can't play Crysis from Steam. First, you have to re-enter the key to Origin to add the game to your library.

But I still wasn't able to launch it. I contacted the support, I had to register on a EA website that's like a flashgame website.

But then, the game told me that the servers are down, and can't launch Crysis. I recontacted the support, and that's true: you can't play Crysis 1 through Origin because the server support has been shutdown many years ago.

I paid for a game that I can't play (and that's a box version !). Really nice EA, I had to download a crack for a legit game.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

To the OP: had the exact same problem and did what you did. Hated creating another account but it was the only fix I could come up with. I know it was not the credit card.

I know it wasn't my card either, it went through the first time with the new account. Crap just grinds my gears.

I had a horrible experience with Origin.

See, I bought Crysis on Steam few years ago. But you can't play Crysis from Steam. First, you have to re-enter the key to Origin to add the game to your library.

But I still wasn't able to launch it. I contacted the support, I had to register on a EA website that's like a flashgame website.

But then, the game told me that the servers are down, and can't launch Crysis. I recontacted the support, and that's true: you can't play Crysis 1 through Origin because the server support has been shutdown many years ago.

I paid for a game that I can't play (and that's a box version !). Really nice EA, I had to download a crack for a legit game.

I don't see how that crap is allowed without a warning.

Have you not read the story about the guy who asked a question and got a direct response from GabeN?